Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Jehuty25 said:
Is it possible to play games from an SDHC card? I already have the ability to use backup discs and an external HDD, I was just wondering since I have a 16GB lying around not doing anything lol.

Maybe. You can put your backups in a folder named 'wbfs' on your sd card, just like you would on an external HD.

Backup loades can handle SD cards nowadays but SDHC is dodgy. I would suggest you try out a game for an hour or so. Some cards work, some don't.

QUOTE(junkerde @ Jun 20 2011, 10:25 PM) is it possible for the ds2 to play ps3 roms?
Far as I know, there is nothing that can run ps3 backups except a hacked ps3.

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, I have a few questions:
  • Does anyone know what darkcorp 1.1 lite is missing from the full version?
  • Also does the darkcorp installer work with cios249 base56 d2x6? (Since I heard some wad installers don't work with non base 38 cios... so I hope the darkcorp installer doesn't have such issues)
  • Is there a way to change the IOS NeoGamma uses for games that need it?
  • What does the NeoGamma\gameconfig.txt file do?
  • Is it ok to leave IOS reload block to on in NeoGamma's settings for games that don't need it?
  • EDIT: And where can I grab the latest syscheck?

Thanks for any help.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why would you even consider installing darkcrap on a wii that uses a loader anyway?

I dont use NeoGamma but gameconfig.txt sounds like it stores settings for individual games
why don't you simply open it an take a look?

Afaik its ok to leave it on.

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
temp4746 said:
Hi, I have a few questions:
  • Also does the darkcorp installer work with cios249 base56 d2x6? (Since I heard some wad installers don't work with non base 38 cios... so I hope the darkcorp installer doesn't have such issues)
  • What does the NeoGamma\gameconfig.txt file do?
  • Is it ok to leave IOS reload block to on in NeoGamma's settings for games that don't need it?
  • EDIT: And where can I grab the latest syscheck?

Thanks for any help.

QUOTE(PsyBlade @ Jun 21 2011, 01:30 AM) why would you even consider installing darkcrap on a wii that uses a loader anyway?

I dont use NeoGamma but gameconfig.txt sounds like it stores settings for individual games
why don't you simply open it an take a look?

Afaik its ok to leave it on.

I use darkcorp because it came preinstalled on this wii, and if my family suddenly can't run games from the disc channel they will be annoyed, so I might as well update it.
gameconfig.txt contains something that looks like some memory patch labeled for RSB?01, I read that it's used for brawl+, hopefully it doesn't do any harm when you are playing the standard brawl.

So I'm left with this questions:
  • What does the NeoGamma\gameconfig.txt file do? - I guess I sort of figured it out... but I'd rather be sure
  • And where can I grab the latest syscheck?

Thanks for any help.

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions. The only storage devices I have are as followed: 8GB SDHC, 4GB USB thumb drive, 256MB SD, and 250GB iPod Classic (Fat32).

- Are there any loaders than can read games from a SDHC card? I tried Configurable USB Loader. It can read the SDHC card, but it won't read any of the games. The directory of the games on my SDHC card is root/wbfs/Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption/Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption [RM3P01]/RM3P01.wbfs

- Is there any loader that can use my iPod as an external HDD? It is in FAT32 and disk mode. When I turn the Wii on, it will read the iPod. When I load any loader (WiiFlow, Config. USB Loader) then suddenly the iPod stops being read. It's in the correct USB port.

Is there ANY WAY I can play 4GB+ games with the current options I have?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harry_merkin said:
I have a few questions. The only storage devices I have are as followed: 8GB SDHC, 4GB USB thumb drive, 256MB SD, and 250GB iPod Classic (Fat32).

- Are there any loaders than can read games from a SDHC card? I tried Configurable USB Loader. It can read the SDHC card, but it won't read any of the games. The directory of the games on my SDHC card is root/wbfs/Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption/Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption [RM3P01]/RM3P01.wbfs

- Is there any loader that can use my iPod as an external HDD? It is in FAT32 and disk mode. When I turn the Wii on, it will read the iPod. When I load any loader (WiiFlow, Config. USB Loader) then suddenly the iPod stops being read. It's in the correct USB port.

Is there ANY WAY I can play 4GB+ games with the current options I have?

you can use the thumb drive. make sure it's fat32/ 32k. you might be able to get one game, most games are 4gb(the good ones). mybe three of the smaller games.
the wii might be reading the mp3 files, if you have wiimc.. as far as usinig it as a hdd, not real sure on that one, but could be wrong.
unsure.gif

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
you can use the thumb drive. make sure it's fat32/ 32k. you might be able to get one game, most games are 4gb(the good ones). mybe three of the smaller games.
the wii might be reading the mp3 files, if you have wiimc.. as far as usinig it as a hdd, not real sure on that one, but could be wrong.
unsure.gif

I already know I can use the thumb drive, but I'd like to play games that are 4GB+. That was my main question. Could I do this with either my SDHC card or my iPod classic's hard drive?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
harry_merkin said:
shortz1994 said:
unsure.gif

I already know I can use the thumb drive, but I'd like to play games that are 4GB+. That was my main question. Could I do this with either my SDHC card or my iPod classic's hard drive?
No and I doubt it.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can search the " backup loaders thread." you will find the answer there,on how to set the file structers up to read from you sd card. if it's an option, or use sneek di or snnek. it reads off the sd card

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I figured it out. Turns out I had them in the wrong directory on my SDHC. Moved them and they work great. Another question, though. What is the importance/duty of the disc.info files in my wbfs folder? I have to put the .wbfs games in the WBFS folder on the root of my card, but I can't have a whole bunch of 'disc.info' files in there without renaming them. What should I do?

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
obcd said:
It's hard to answer if it is a known issue. You would need someone with the same cios and the same harddisk.

Thanks. It happens so rarely that I'll just leave it, lest I break what does work.

Another question.
I've tried getting Mighty Channels to work. I got it loading, games up, etc. But whenever I press the home button and try to go back to the wii menu the wii crashes and opens priiloader. Says that there was a problem with autobooting the system menu.
Anyone know what is wrong? Or have a good tutorial I can follow to get it to work?

Thanks

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, and one more thing. Suddenly yesterday two new channels popped up on my wii. News and Weather. Both say that to use them I need to update my system menu. I want to get rid of these channels, how do I go about that?

Thanks

Edit: Never mind. Got rid of them by installing the full news and weather channels and then uninstalling them.

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
temp4746 said:
I use darkcorp because it came preinstalled on this wii, and if my family suddenly can't run games from the disc channel they will be annoyed, so I might as well update it.
gameconfig.txt contains something that looks like some memory patch labeled for RSB?01, I read that it's used for brawl+, hopefully it doesn't do any harm when you are playing the standard brawl.

So I'm left with this questions:
  • What does the NeoGamma\gameconfig.txt file do? - I guess I sort of figured it out... but I'd rather be sure

Thanks for any help.
Alright, I finished updating my softmod, and I can answer some of the questions I had, so I will post the answers here for anyone who needs.

Lite is an online installer and will download the base ios from the internet, while Full includes them and is offline and also includes two additional options in the menu to install two different version of a cmios (You can easily install a cmios in different ways).
    I don't know, I heard it should work but I had cios249 base 38 rev 19 already installed so I just used that to update.
    I think there is a program that does this but I'm not sure...
    It's for brawl+, it needs to be modified for the region of the game your'e playing to take effect and it should do no harm.
    http://code.google.com/p/syscheck/

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More stupidity from yours truly...

Okay, I have everything loaded on my SD card since I have no external HDD. Everything I've tried works perfectly so I'm assuming I've done everything correctly. I only have a few games, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Paper Mario work flawlessly, so far.

Well, when I try to run Metroid Prime 3, it will run but the screen is all grey and has dark scanlines over it. I'm assuming it's an IOS issue, but I'm posting in this thread because I'm a NOOB.

Anyways, I'm running it with IOS249 and Configurable USB Loader.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
harry_merkin said:
More stupidity from yours truly...

Okay, I have everything loaded on my SD card since I have no external HDD. Everything I've tried works perfectly so I'm assuming I've done everything correctly. I only have a few games, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Paper Mario work flawlessly, so far.

Well, when I try to run Metroid Prime 3, it will run but the screen is all grey and has dark scanlines over it. I'm assuming it's an IOS issue, but I'm posting in this thread because I'm a NOOB.

Anyways, I'm running it with IOS249 and Configurable USB Loader.
Sounds like an out of region disc, try changing the region options in cfg for that game. Try forcing it to NTSC

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question,
I've decided to try UNEEK over Mighty Channels as a few of the games I've tried won't run with MC.
Can I install UNEEK on the same fat32 partition as all of my (non-UNEEK) games and apps?

Thanks

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Here's a question (no I'm not going to read 577 pages to see if it was asked already) --

If I previously had HBC installed but removed it and have since updated to 4.3, can I restore hbc without having to buy one of the required games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...