Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@ Brimah

your ios 249 slot is a stub, you should remove it before installing the cIOS 249.

Install and launch Multi-Mod Manager http://mmm4wii.posterous.com/tag/134wiimmm with the HBC,

at the last line "Load another IOS..." choose IOS 236
then go to "remove stubbed IOSs" and choose "remove stub IOS 222, 223, 249, 250, 254"

Now, you can reinstall the cIOS 249, 222 and 223.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cubed said:
Thanks for the tip. I tried with CFG loader, but no luck.. however, I discovered that this is not a random freeze. It occurs at the same moment every time: during the intro video to the third mission.
the Barcelona mission
I tried with countless of USB loaders. So what are your thoughts.. could very well be a drive problem as you said. Or maybe the wrong cios? You guys have to help me save the world from the evil Bond villains!
Set IOS224 to use in configurable usb loader. Select the game, press 1 to go to the game settings, then set ios to IOS224-mload, press 2 to save it and start the game.

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Cubed said:
Thanks for the tip. I tried with CFG loader, but no luck.. however, I discovered that this is not a random freeze. It occurs at the same moment every time: during the intro video to the third mission.
the Barcelona mission
I tried with countless of USB loaders. So what are your thoughts.. could very well be a drive problem as you said. Or maybe the wrong cios? You guys have to help me save the world from the evil Bond villains!
Set IOS224 to use in configurable usb loader. Select the game, press 1 to go to the game settings, then set ios to IOS224-mload, press 2 to save it and start the game.
Thanks for helping me out, really appreciate it! The CFG loader states that I haven't got any ios224 installed.. should I install Hermes' IOS222/223 in the 224 slot? I'm a bit lost. Again, thank you.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brimah said:
zizer said:
Brimah said:
Hello, I softmodded my wii to backup games onto a USB drive, but having a slight issue. I used http://gwht.wikidot.com/for-dummies as my guide and seemed to work great til I tried Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. When I tried to load it, it would just go to a blank screen. I then tried loading it normally using the disc, and gave me an error saying it was unable to read the disc.

I then tried another game, Dawn of Discovery, which loads fine from USB, but does not load via disc (Similar error to star wars). To try a 3rd, I tried twilight princess, which loaded by disc and usb... so not sure what the issue is.

I installed Homebrew Channel (As well as bootmii and made a backup), IOS236, IOS249, Hermes' IOS222/223, and Configurable USB loader.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

if you do sysCheck it can help

IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub

IOS247 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS248 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub

Report generated on 2011-01-09.

This is what it gives me... guess I will do some reading, but if anyone knows the issue, please let me know, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

you have to install hermes 5.1 (222,223) and waninko rev20, 21 in slot 249
why are you install in 247,248 slot rev20?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cubed said:
Thanks for helping me out, really appreciate it! The CFG loader states that I haven't got any ios224 installed.. should I install Hermes' IOS222/223 in the 224 slot? I'm a bit lost. Again, thank you.
rolleyes.gif
The guy above has IOS224 and I really thought you are the person! Do you have IOS236?

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Cubed said:
rolleyes.gif
The guy above has IOS224 and I really thought you are the person! Do you have IOS236?
Yes, I have now installed ios236 and ios224-mload. Tried loading with 224-mload, but the freezing problem in the video remains
unsure.gif

Perhaps a bad ISO?

Brimah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
Brimah said:
zizer said:
Brimah said:
Hello, I softmodded my wii to backup games onto a USB drive, but having a slight issue. I used http://gwht.wikidot.com/for-dummies as my guide and seemed to work great til I tried Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. When I tried to load it, it would just go to a blank screen. I then tried loading it normally using the disc, and gave me an error saying it was unable to read the disc.

I then tried another game, Dawn of Discovery, which loads fine from USB, but does not load via disc (Similar error to star wars). To try a 3rd, I tried twilight princess, which loaded by disc and usb... so not sure what the issue is.

I installed Homebrew Channel (As well as bootmii and made a backup), IOS236, IOS249, Hermes' IOS222/223, and Configurable USB loader.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

if you do sysCheck it can help

IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub

IOS247 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS248 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub

Report generated on 2011-01-09.

This is what it gives me... guess I will do some reading, but if anyone knows the issue, please let me know, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

you have to install hermes 5.1 (222,223) and waninko rev20, 21 in slot 249
why are you install in 247,248 slot rev20?

The guide I used had me install the ISOs into those slots, why I am not sure, same with Hermes 5.1, which I believe to be honest, not sure which I installed them in, just what the guide said. When I load Configurable USB loader, it loads from ISO 248, same with backups. Should I just load my NAND file and start again or is there a better way? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, just went by a guide I was told by a few people to try.

Brimah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled it into 249 as well as 222 and 223, but when I load CFG, it still loads from 248. Also, I am not sure why this would effect the Wii loading discs normally, starting to think that it is just an issues with the games as I just bought them used a few days ago. I have had no issues with any of my games, all load normal.

Pat123456789

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Brimah said:
I reinstalled it into 249 as well as 222 and 223, but when I load CFG, it still loads from 248. Also, I am not sure why this would effect the Wii loading discs normally, starting to think that it is just an issues with the games as I just bought them used a few days ago. I have had no issues with any of my games, all load normal.

Hi,
your slot 249, 222 and 223 slots are stubbed, you should remove them before installing the cIOS.

Install and launch Multi-Mod Manager http://mmm4wii.posterous.com/tag/134wiimmm with the HBC,

at the last line "Load another IOS..." choose IOS 236
then go to "remove stubbed IOSs" and choose "remove stub IOS 222, 223, 249, 250, 254"

Next, you can reinstall the cIOS 249, 222 and 223
smile.gif

mister_C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Since I mainly enjoy reading the gbatemp forums as opposed to actually posting, I suppose I am a newbie guy here. Anyways, I recently purchased a new Korean version black Wii. I play only retail, pressed games on it. I use Geckos to load out of region Gamecube games (JAP and actually some KOR--but this region designation I do not completely understand).

I am aware that Nintendo did not want Korean Wiis booting Gamecube games, as they obviously do not load from the system menu itself. (why they prohibited this is a mystery in itself, considering in my hands I have some Korean region gamecube games). I also read rumors around the time the Korean Wii was being released, that the actual boards inside the Wii may be different, completely removing Gamecube functionality on a hardware level. (Which really cannot be true since I have been playing a lot of Double Dash these days on my KOR region Wii).

So my question is this. Are Korean Wiis completely identical (hardware-wise) to Wiis from other regions? Is it only a difference in system menu files that makes Korean Wiis different (and hence unable to load Gamecube games from the system menu)? And thus, how can Geckos manage to load Gamecube games on KOR Wii?

Thank you.

Dimesyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. this is a followup of my question on how to play backup gamecube games on my ModMii-ed 4.3U (old) Wii. I am running into some trouble copying my original gamecube retail discs (Gauntlet Legends and Timesplitters 2). I have downloaded both IMGBurn and Alcohol 120 but have not been able to successfully rip the disc for the burn yet. I get disc read errors and it won't complete. Can someone tell me what settings I need to utilize for it to successfully rip?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dimesyo said:
Hi. this is a followup of my question on how to play backup gamecube games on my ModMii-ed 4.3U (old) Wii. I am running into some trouble copying my original gamecube retail discs (Gauntlet Legends and Timesplitters 2). I have downloaded both IMGBurn and Alcohol 120 but have not been able to successfully rip the disc for the burn yet. I get disc read errors and it won't complete. Can someone tell me what settings I need to utilize for it to successfully rip?
You need a special DVD drive for a computer to read a Wii/GC game.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 4.2u. Trying to get COD: Black Ops to work online. My understanding is to get it to automatically update in game, I need to be able to access the Wii Shop Channel Once... then it is able to update. How can I get a working Wii Shop Channel installed, that doesn't ask/require me to update the firmware of my system? I know there's a tool out there for it, but I've forgotten which one it is.

EDIT: I think i found it... Dop-Mii is what allowed me to update just the Wii Shop Channel on it's own. But now when I is and access it, I get a #002 blue error screen. Is there a specific IOS that i'm to be using when trying to install this update? Thanks for any assistance.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjFIL said:
I'm on 4.2u. Trying to get COD: Black Ops to work online. My understanding is to get it to automatically update in game, I need to be able to access the Wii Shop Channel Once... then it is able to update. How can I get a working Wii Shop Channel installed, that doesn't ask/require me to update the firmware of my system? I know there's a tool out there for it, but I've forgotten which one it is.

EDIT: I think i found it... Dop-Mii is what allowed me to update just the Wii Shop Channel on it's own. But now when I is and access it, I get a #002 blue error screen. Is there a specific IOS that i'm to be using when trying to install this update? Thanks for any assistance.

never heard of a #002 error on dop-mii o.O

what Dop-mii are you using? and do you have HBC 1.0.8?

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Shano56 said:
never heard of a #002 error on dop-mii o.O
what Dop-mii are you using? and do you have HBC 1.0.8?

It's not dop-mii that's giving the error. it's the wii shop channel after i used dop-mii to install the latest shop channel.
HBC is v1.0.8, Dop-Mii is v14.5. Dop-Mii by default says it's going to use IOS 36 to install other IOSes.
I went in to the channels section, Shopping Channel (set to North America, correct for my unit) says Currently Installed is V20.
But as said, if I now try and launch the updated Wii Shop Channel... it goes to the Error #002 blue screen.

EDIT: I figured it out. I needed to install latest IOS 56, then the latest Wiishop channel works great now. Found notes on this post... http://gbatemp.net/t273317-tutorial-how-to...y-cod-black-ops

SteelNitrous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
SteelNitrous said:
Would I have to load priiloader each and every time I wanted to play a game? Or would I just have to do it once and it would work from that point on? And if its just a one time install, how do I install it, and set the region free option up?
priiloader is just a one-time thing.

I'm assuming you have the homebrew channel. so to set it up just get the latest priiloader zip from here: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/downloads/list and copy the apps folder to the root of your sd card.
Now get the hacks_hash.ini (right click -> save as...) and save that to the root of your sd card (don't change the name).

Now just install priiloader with the HBC, then turn of the wii. Now turn it back on while holding reset. the priiloader menu will come up. Choose the system menu hacks, and then enable the hacks you want. thats it, these changes will stay unless you update your wii.

I appreciate the response. I tried that, and when I load priiloader in HBC it gives me a failed to get permissions IOS 36 is not patched error. How do I get past that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1