XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Not all Wii's can play backup discs, if you're Wii is a newer model, it probably can't.

ModMii already installed everything you need to play backup GC and Wii discs, all u need to do is download/save neogamma to your SD card or FAT32 hard drive (u can do this using ModMii's download page 2, or u can do it the old fashioned way). Then just launch NeoGamma, and see if it can launch a backup disc... if it cannot, your Wii cannot play backup discs without a modchip or replacing the dvd drive.

Dimesyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'll give it a try. My wii is old, made in 2006, hopefully it'll be able to play. What program and disc type do you recommend for the gamecube backups? And this won't interfere with Config USB loader for my wii backups?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
burn on DVD-R's, at approx 4x speed. I think Verbatim's are the best, but a lot of brands work just fine.

there's an app called multi-iso creator, u can download it from the following link
http://filetrip.net/h1973-Wii-Gamecube-Mul...SO-Creator.html

with this, u can burn more than one GC game per DVD, but I advise against compressing the ISOs, so don't try and fit too many (I would say about 3 games per DVD should be fine).

But yea, u can always just burn 1 game per dvd and avoid using the above program, its up to u

and it will not interfere with cfg usb-loader... in fact, u can use configurable usb-loader to launch a backup disc if u want (hit + while in cfg usb-loader).

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: a friend of mine updated his Wii with the latest Nintendo update and it seems to have erased or overwritten the capabilities of the IOS's that I had installed. He asked me if there was anything I could do about it and I haven't been around the modding scene for quite a while, so I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what the current IOS's are and which ones I need to put on the Wii after the most recent Nintendo update?

Thanks in advance.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SteelNitrous said:
Would I have to load priiloader each and every time I wanted to play a game? Or would I just have to do it once and it would work from that point on? And if its just a one time install, how do I install it, and set the region free option up?
priiloader is just a one-time thing.

I'm assuming you have the homebrew channel. so to set it up just get the latest priiloader zip from here: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/downloads/list and copy the apps folder to the root of your sd card.
Now get the hacks_hash.ini (right click -> save as...) and save that to the root of your sd card (don't change the name).

Now just install priiloader with the HBC, then turn of the wii. Now turn it back on while holding reset. the priiloader menu will come up. Choose the system menu hacks, and then enable the hacks you want. thats it, these changes will stay unless you update your wii.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i.heart.piracy said:
Quick question: a friend of mine updated his Wii with the latest Nintendo update and it seems to have erased or overwritten the capabilities of the IOS's that I had installed. He asked me if there was anything I could do about it and I haven't been around the modding scene for quite a while, so I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what the current IOS's are and which ones I need to put on the Wii after the most recent Nintendo update?

Thanks in advance.
the update stubbed all the cIOS slots....delete the stubs and reinstall (use Modmii (link in my sig) if you don't have the means....grab your flavor of choice for cIOS (feel free to use my setup in my sig if you're lost) and MMM to install them)

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i.heart.piracy said:

Thanks in advance.
Just use Xflak's ModMii program (it stickied) and when you run it, go in to the modmii wizard. If your friend still has the homebrew channel, then say your wii is not a virgin. If the update wiped out the homebrew channel and you have no way of loading apps, say your wii is a virgin. The rest should be straight forward.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We tried a butch of bootmini.elf but we alway getting just a green screen?
Why are we even getting a green screen?
Anything else we could try?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RoniPunk said:
so the nand backup didn't work? how did it not work, you restored it, but the problem was still there, or you couldn't restore it?

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
RoniPunk said:
so the nand backup didn't work? how did it not work, you restored it, but the problem was still there, or you couldn't restore it?

Yeah we restored the NAND but it still didn't work.
The problem is still there.

What can we do?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiihackingNoobie said:
Quick question i backed up my wii nand to my sd and my sd has everything else on it where do i find the backup? thanks in advance
Should be on the root of the sd card, called NAND.bin

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Theres this guy with a new wii.

It apparently is already at 4.3e

When he wants to enter the shopping channel, the wii sends him to the system menu to perform an update

whats up with that?

He's afraid he wont be able to hack it afterwards

Whats that update that keeps comming up?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that is correct. The only exception would be if nintendo released 4.4 minutes ago. But I just emulated an update using nus downloader and it's still getting 4.3, so don't worry, 4.4 is not out yet.

Btw, if I were u (or your friend) I wouldn't even bother doing an official update, just use ModMii, it will simultaneously update and softmod your Wii.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
that is correct. The only exception would be if nintendo released 4.4 minutes ago. But I just emulated an update using nus downloader and it's still getting 4.3, so don't worry, 4.4 is not out yet.

Btw, if I were u (or your friend) I wouldn't even bother doing an official update, just use ModMii, it will simultaneously update and softmod your Wii.

can i now safely upgrade official if i have 4.3 (wii has softmod)?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:

Thing is, he's still ordering that Lego Game.
And I'm just suck and tired of that connection embassador thing and want it to be over already. thats why i need him to get into the shopping channel.

And he's all "I want to be save!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1