Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

misterbreadcrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I'm new to actually modifying files for games via Hex editors and such, so I'm running into some trouble trying to replace the lame pink and yellow Goddess shield or whatever with the Hylian Shield.

I'm using the guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-replace-zelda-ss-textures-and-models.313747/ and so I'm consequently trying to open the file with WiiScrubber 1.4, however when I open the SS iso, I just get this weird error, IO seek twice, and then it force quits.

On another note, I can actually open Super Mario Galaxy 2, and see the object tree. Here I tried a little experiment to replace Mario's cap with Luigi's just to see if I'm doing things right, but I don't think I am. When I play the game in Dolphin, it gets past the Wii Remote warning scree, but then drops to 0 fps and doesn't do anything. When I load a save state of course Mario's cap is unchanged.

I'm extracting the .arc file and then replacing it with the one I want, but the hex values remain the same. Can anyone advise?

misterbreadcrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I'm new to actually modifying files for games via Hex editors and such, so I'm running into some trouble trying to replace the lame pink and yellow Goddess shield or whatever with the Hylian Shield.

I'm using the guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-replace-zelda-ss-textures-and-models.313747/ and so I'm consequently trying to open the file with WiiScrubber 1.4, however when I open the SS iso, I just get this weird error, IO seek twice, and then it force quits.

On another note, I can actually open Super Mario Galaxy 2, and see the object tree. Here I tried a little experiment to replace Mario's cap with Luigi's just to see if I'm doing things right, but I don't think I am. When I play the game in Dolphin, it gets past the Wii Remote warning scree, but then drops to 0 fps and doesn't do anything. When I load a save state of course Mario's cap is unchanged.

I'm extracting the .arc file and then replacing it with the one I want, but the hex values remain the same. Can anyone advise?

Noob update! I've gotten the ISO open, extracted the Object.arc.lz and even dragged it to the .bat to decompress it!

Now I just need a little advice... Should I:

A: Rename EquipShieldHylia.brresC to EquipShieldWood.BrresC so that when the game calls the wooden shield equip, it will just equip the Hylian shield instead?

or

B: Extract the HEquip.ShieldHylia.brresC and replace Equip.ShieldWood.brresC with that the Hylian brres? This seems like an overly complicated version of choice A.

I've gone ahead and tried route A, but run into the same problem as before, when Dolphin loads the edited ISO, it just freezes up and plummets to 0 fps.

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a while of not playing the wii, I forgot everything about it; I hacked my wii, installed quadforce to play Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 and 2, I am having trouble with the following:

1. I can't play my official GC discs on my wii. (black screen)

2. I can still play Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 and 2 (with quadforce)

3. I can't play GC isos with any loader.

I am lost, (back to n00b on this) and need to apply rehacks to my wii to accomplish the following:

Playing Gamecube Isos.

Playing my legit gamecube discs again.

If possible, still have the ability to play Triforce Games. (mario kart arcade GP 1 and 2)

Can anyone help me with this?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I start my Wii with the SD card inside I get no picture and the disc slot flashes light. It works if I take it out, start it and put it back in though.

What could it be?

ea5a65f9c2.png

I deleted android secure (nothing was in it), MCBACKUP just has gamecube saves, LOST.DIR I deleted. What is it?
Hi you need to place a " - " in front of your bootmii folder then it wont do it any more "-bootmii"

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
After a while of not playing the wii, I forgot everything about it; I hacked my wii, installed quadforce to play Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 and 2, I am having trouble with the following:

1. I can't play my official GC discs on my wii. (black screen)

2. I can still play Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 and 2 (with quadforce)

3. I can't play GC isos with any loader.

I am lost, (back to n00b on this) and need to apply rehacks to my wii to accomplish the following:

Playing Gamecube Isos.

Playing my legit gamecube discs again.

If possible, still have the ability to play Triforce Games. (mario kart arcade GP 1 and 2)

Can anyone help me with this?
Re install genuine BC-NUS GC will play again. Cant have both

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wad manager 1.7 use ios 236 to install BC nus wad use NUS Downloader to get it
I checked on NUS Downloader, I found no IOS236.

edit: found IOS236 and did those 2 steps. I couldn't find the bc-nus wad. what version would the genuine version be for rvl-001 wii?

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nusd click on database click on system 4th one down BC V6 . Make sure you click at bottom of NUSd check the Pack->wad box and download
I think I need to reset my wii back to defaults and start over from scratch. I never saw the original BC. Any app that will do the trick?

Petegamer331

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have softmodded my wii using modmii and have been unable to get neek2o or even regular sneek/uneek working. There are a few games that don't work through emunand in a usb loader that I want to play so I was wondering for the time being if I would just be able to install these particular wiiware game wads directly to my nand on the system menu. I know space is limited on the nand but I am only talking about four or five games. It would just be easier than the headache of trying to setup neek2o/neek.

Petegamer331

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have softmodded my wii using modmii and have been unable to get neek2o or even regular sneek/uneek working. There are a few games that don't work through emunand in a usb loader that I want to play so I was wondering for the time being if I would just be able to install these particular wiiware game wads directly to my nand on the system menu. I know space is limited on the nand but I am only talking about four or five games. It would just be easier than the headache of trying to setup neek2o/neek.
My wii was already modded so I just went ahead and installed the game wads I wanted to onto IOS80 with Multi mod manager and it worked fine. The games are now on the actual nand but don't take up much room so it is no big deal and they can be moved to an SD card so this works as a good alternative if you are having problems with emunand and/or neek2o.

cowboyuptx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all... Thanks in advance for your willingness to help noobs like me...

Pretty typical noob here, I did a good job of following a tutorial and hacking my Wii a few years back and everything was pretty much functional, all games played pretty good via usb, and I never got errors or anything out of the ordinary... Then like a noob I lost my SD Card... But I think I managed to find a copy I'd made of my old Wii SD Card... So I copied the files onto a new 2GB SD and used WBFS Manager to load some games via USB... I tried a couple of different flash drives but they didn't work... Finally I found one that worked so I loaded 5 games on it, and only 2 games can be played, the other three give the black error screen...

Allow me to show you the folders on my SD Card, hopefully this will help...

ROOT
Image 1.png

APPS FOLDER
Image 2.png

cowboyuptx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still hoping to get some guidance... Does anything on my SD Card look incorrect? What should I do from here to get my Wii functioning as it did before?

I want to get this fixed so i can give the Wii to my 8yo nephew, hopefully on Thanksgiving...

Thank you.

r3dd09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an app, can't remember the name. it's where you can load different code (think it's a loader), I want to use this for brawl. I thought it was evolution, or revolution, but I could be getting that mixes up with devolution.

What's the app that I'm thinking of?

EDIT: riivelution

decomposition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok first off let me say thank you to all of those who gave their time to these resources. I'm g33king out over here to be able to play so many awesome games again on one system.
anyways, I'm new to this and going slow with my white wii that has the gamecube ports on top...

here's what I've done so far and all seems nominal.
- letterbomb
- homebrew channel installed
- hackmii installed
- backed up NAND
- installed priiloader
- modified startup and hacks
- Priiloader v.7 - IOS v80 systemmenu v513
- Homebrew 1.1.2 IOS s58 v24.32
- installed beta52 cIOS from these instructions:
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation
- installed the homebrew browser

what else do I NEED TO DO now to get gamecube and wii / emulators running like a dream?

and what's this?
4] Install custom IOS 222[38] & 223[37-38] [Hermes v4], 202[60] & 224[57] [Hermes/Rodries v5.1], 249[56] & 250[57] [Waninkoko v21 d2x v8] to your wii.

from this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modify-any-wii-4-3-below.171901/

I'm not sure I even need to the stuff for DIOS MIOS now with Nintendont updated now?

I do want to play most Wii, Gamecube, Wiiware, Emulators, Dos and whatever else I can throw at it though.

ANY HELP WITH THIS N00B greatly appreciated so I can get on the fast track.
just not sure why I need to do some things vs the others I've read.
they all seem a bit different at some stage of the directions

thanks!

JSamide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody know how to go about re-hacking my wii? I hacked it then washed the sd card with all the files on it with my jeans. What info do i need from my wii and what should I do. I really need a step by step on this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-