ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
QUOTE said:
We are emailing you today about your Nintendo Wii preorder. We have finally been informed by our suppliers about our Nintendo Wii allocation. Unfortunately we have been told that we will not be given units for launch. Preorders were put up based on previous knowledge of getting units for launch. We have not been told when we will be getting units as the demand in North America for the Nintendo Wii has surpassed even Nintendos estimates.

We have also been notified we will be getting very limited quantity of the following due to shortages and allocations on the market. We will be filling orders best we can but can not guarantee shipment at launch for these items. Orders for the following will be filled on a first come first serve basis.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
Trauma Centre Second Opinion
Wii Remote Controllers
Wii Nunchuck
Wii Classic Controller
Wii Points

If you wish to keep your order in queue you are free to do so but please understand that we can not guarantee a Nintendo Wii system before Christmas as we are unsure when units will be coming in.

NOOOOOOOOOO

DSC00033.JPG

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I pre-ordered my Wii there, too...
why in the world do they get not a single Wii? that's so stupid...why is it more important for Nintendo, to have like 100 Wiis in every Wal-Mart and Best Buy? they should make sure to be able to fulfill all the pre-orders first...
anyway, I'm not cancelling my order, since it would take even longer if I order my Wii at dvdboxoffice now...maybe our Wiis will be shipped in the week after launch...

lucky for me, my little brother is getting a european Wii, so I won't be playing Wii any later than the 8th december

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
EBG in Umeå sucks, they charge like 179 SEK for WoW TCG when it's only 149 at WoBG and Collector's Point :P

Anyhow, still haven't resolved this whole Wii problem/trauma. Might preorder @ DVDBO instead, or try have someone send it from the US...

Frz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
frz.cc
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I read that ImportMadness is not a very reliable story (link) so does anyone have any other tips where I could order a Wii?

(Currently I'm hoping for Frys to stock up on Wiis on launch...)

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bad news for those of you who canceled their pre-order at VG+...
today they said the DID get a few Wii units for launch, and they're expecting more Wiis between tuesday and friday...in addition, they told me I'm #55 in line for the Wii...that's pretty nice, because last week I was #126 in line
biggrin.gif

it was a good decision not to cancel my Wii pre-order there...I'll probably be getting my Wii before December, which is much sooner than I expected

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah I'm glad I kept my pre-order as well. Think I'll cancel the one at ImportMadness now that I know I am #69 in line @ VG+ and because they feel more reliable (especially since I know that they are able to write down the value on the package to help me avoid customs duty)
smile.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
especially since I know that they are able to write down the value on the package to help me avoid customs duty
I should ask them to do it with my package, too
wink.gif

last time I did that was when I ordered my PSP at winsunx.com...they wrote on the package that the value was $30US...unfortunately, the customs clearance opened the package and they didn't believe it was $30, so I had to tell them the real value (which was more than $300 :'( ) and had to wait for 3 more days for my PSP to arrive
dry.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hm, funny... Would those of you who have preordered at VG+ and are still waiting for your Wii please check what your current order status is by logging in and clicking on "Order History"?

Because mine currently says "Preorder Processing" and was wondering if it means that A) my order really IS processing and I should therefor expect the Wii to arrive sometime next week, or B) VG+ simply changed the status on EVERYONE'S preorder the day they were told that they would infact be given consoles after all.

Please state your number in line as well. Having no. 67 on the preorder list is what makes me so suspicious to my order status - I'm not counting on getting a Wii from VG+ for another two weeks, seing how they will only be getting a small number of consoles each week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...