Won't fix No love for the Ol Gameboy?

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i see lots of new systems front and center,
but why do the Retro systems dont get as much love?
even the GameBoy Advance, the greatest system
in the history off mankind, has been banished to
the deepest darkest corner of the forum.

i thought GBAtemp stood for Game Boy Advance temp!
now your casting the GBA aside like yesterdays garbage.
the Gameboy Advance still has a lot of life left in the old girl,
the recently released Mother 3 translation proved that.

also, id like to see an Original Gameboy section on here.
the Chiptune music scene is hot right now. itd be nice to
have a place to talk about Chip Tunes, DMG Backlights,
LSDJ, and other Gameboy mods.

GammaGeorgeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
We all LOVE the original, but there aren't much hacking tools or hardware for them, so that's why there aren't sections for things like the GB...

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Professor Abrasive's Drag'n'Derp(tm) is your new friend! The Game Boy cartridge of your dreams has arrived.

Why it’s awesome
Driverless, drag and drop operation
Never mess around with dodgy drivers again! The simple interface makes backing up a breeze. Now you can back up every day!

Ferroelectric RAM
The save data is stored in RAMTRON FRAM, which will retain data for decades with no power. There’s no battery to go flat.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VC Series Backlight
We've completely maxed out the specifications with our VC Series backlights. Being the first and only DMG backlights with four vertically mounted LEDs, the VC Series backlights offer the best brightness and most uniform illumination.
Specifications:
  • Both DMG and MGB support
  • Connected to regulated power; no dimming.
  • 4 LEDs, mounted vertically
  • Preserves power LED and LCD housing
  • Built in resistor
  • Built in polarized film
THIS IS NOT SPAM I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, DONT BAN ME.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Mother 3 translation isn't really all that recent. Version 1.0 came out just over 4 years ago, with the 1.1 update about 8 months after that.

yeah but thats the most recent example i could think of,
it would be nice if people still released GBA Stuff recently

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The scene has moved onto more homebrew friendly/capable systems, such as the DS or PSP... and from there to the Mobile Scene.
Sad but true. Such is the speed of technological advancement that what we may start considering the GBA as "vintage/retro".
There is always a small light of hope as some developers may feel nostalgic and make something for those systems (as has happened
with the NES, GB, etc). Anyways, I second the notion for Chiptune and Retro Gaming subforums!

Reactions: Fazermint

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You clearly don't pay much attention at all to what is going on, I see lots of love for GB/GBC and GBA here. Check out this sub-forum:
http://gbatemp.net/forums/other-handhelds.202/

It's for other handhelds but is still dominated by the GBA.

i thought GBAtemp stood for Game Boy Advance temp!
now your casting the GBA aside like yesterdays garbage.
Erm we were named that back in the days when we hosted GBA roms, then we kept it for nostalgias sake. We still post and discuss GB/GBC/GBA news...when we actually get it, when we get a hint that certain games are getting released on VC we go crazy over it, especially for rumours of GBA on eShop. We feature this stuff on our "Games of the Week" and "Recommends" features (I myself have a few GB/GBC/GBA titles in line for those).

Also we partnered up with K1GBA to give away their device that is dedicated to play GBA titles only last month rather than say give away something more modern. BTW that is a device that we have heavily featured here...also:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/super-mario-64-multiplayer-mod-v1-0.336586/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/neogeo-x-handheld-dec-6th-release-date.336577/

We very much promote retro systems.

To say we have cast the GBA aside shows your ignorance to our work and what we do here. We may have not done as much as in the beginning but then in the beginning we didn't have as big of a community as we do now. In the beginning there wasn't a DS/3DS and all the others that have arrived since and as a growing community we have to cater to many many different tastes as well as look at our roots at the same time. There is a big reason to why we have the words "Underground gaming community" under our banner rather than "we're stuck in 2002".

Nobody gets paid to do any news posting or features, we do it in our spare time and our spare time is limited. Even when we reach out to members (like I did for Retro Review) we don't get many submissions. When Another World asks for submissions for the Recommends...did you submit anything? When I say "hey if you want to review or write something for Retro Review then get in touch"...did you get in touch? No. This is a community, we live on the community to give as much as they take. So either give or stop moaning.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh just noticed that you're that ignoramus who reckons Iwata knows nothing about Nintendo (despite you know being as much of a huge influence on the company as Miyamoto) and got annoyed when people abbreviated consoles or have their own nicknames. Yeah please don't post here again.

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
He is suggesting a couple of sub-forums... he posted in the right place, I don't think he was looking for a sermon.
Either way, the sub-forum exists, but as he pointed out, its in a deep corner when it could be right up there
with his big brothers (I guess).

Reactions: suppow

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is suggesting a couple of sub-forums... he posted in the right place, I don't think he was looking for a sermon.
Either way, the sub-forum exists, but as he pointed out, its in a deep corner when it could be right up there
with his big brothers (I guess).
It used to have a large section but it wasn't used as much so staff deemed that it had it's time in the sun and resigned it to Other Handhelds. Thing is, if we add that section again then we'll get people wanting other platforms to be added as well, we've got to draw the line somewhere so it looks like we'll just keep DS/Wii etc because they are still being discussed massively while older systems stick to where they are now.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jesus hadrian i wasent trying to insult anyone,
i made a perfectly innocent suggestion about GB and GBA sub forums.
its perfectly valid considering all the K-1 discussion and new translations.

if you take offence to it, all you have to say is "ppph whatever dude".

and i never even heard about this Retro Review, where is it?

Reactions: suppow

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There really isn't a demand for GB, GBC, nor GBA homebrews anymore. There used to be demand, but that was years ago.
We have moved past that now, much like how we are moving past DS and PSP homebrews to start work on 3DS and Vita homebrews.

As for the title GBAtemp, that's just a throwback to when the site was GBA rom site. It's kept more for historical and memory proposes.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was thinking about doing that AGB backlight mod,
but i dont want to damage a AGS-101 for a project.

my backlight GBA SP is in mint condition. and becides the
new sideways K1 GBA is coming out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox