Hacking NNU-Patcher to access eshop from 5.5.1 also works

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes - as long as you haven't updated yet, you can still access loadiine, run NNU-Patcher from it and then access the eshop to get the DS game (Brain Age?), to convert it into Haxchi and go online-free.

This has been brought to my attention by Kauan Binario Kubosuke, a friend and subscriber to my channel. Here's a vid showing it working:

-Teacher Gus, Brazilian dude with video tutorials from yore

NOTE: While the game won't download if you are still on the eshop (it will require updating), it seems that if you go to Home Menu, it can be downloaded.

Last edited by chankarik,

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to note that while I can access the eshop and buy Brain Age, the Wii U refuses to download it because the System Update failure won't let me do anything else. And you can't download from the eshop itself, you have to do it from the home menu. Which is a pain.

Edit: I'm talking about a typical function of the Wii U. On the 3DS, downloads can be done through the eshop or the home menu. On the Wii U, they are only done through the home menu download manager. I was just saying it was inconvenient that there was only one option. My bad.

Last edited by Rocket0634,

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just want to note that while I can access the eshop and buy Brain Age, the Wii U refuses to download it because the System Update failure won't let me do anything else. And you can't download from the eshop itself, you have to do it from the home menu. Which is a pain.

Good to know. Still, if you can install it from the Home Menu, it is workaround to get the game while on 5.5.1, I guess.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know. Still, if you can install it from the Home Menu, it is workaround to get the game while on 5.5.1, I guess.
As long as you can still get a HaxChi compatible game while in 5.5.1 were in business. Nothing new here. The same thing happened with 5.5.1 update.

Glad there is a workaround

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, what I meant is that downloads are done through the download manager in all cases. It's being blocked for me because of a system update nag, so the home menu won't download it.

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, what I meant is that downloads are done through the download manager in all cases. It's being blocked for me because of a system update nag, so the home menu won't download it.

Ah, I get it. I wonder if using the DNS that blocks updates could fix that.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I get it. I wonder if using the DNS that blocks updates could fix that.
Using the DNS blocks is what causes the issue. It should work just fine if you disable the DNS blocks- but this comes at the risk of updating your system before installing haxchi.

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Using the DNS blocks is what causes the issue. It should work just fine if you disable the DNS blocks- but this comes at the risk of updating your system before installing haxchi.

True. On the video, I could go up to the part where accessing the game page on the eshop is possible - as I have the game and Haxchi, I didn't go through the download to check that. Also, I had no DNS blocks, so yeah, I was open to the risk - still, it would have nagged me to update, wouldn't it? I mean, it shouldn't be an auto update.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. On the video, I could go up to the part where accessing the game page on the eshop is possible - as I have the game and Haxchi, I didn't go through the download to check that. Also, I had no DNS blocks, so yeah, I was open to the risk - still, it would have nagged me to update, wouldn't it? I mean, it shouldn't be an auto update.
It's an issue with how the DNS block works. It's not an update that's causing the error to show up- it's the fact the wii U can't connect to the update servers. When it can properly connect to the update servers, then no issue should pop up and you should be able to download the game before the update installs itself. Still, it's a risk. But it should be doable.

Reactions: chankarik

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's an issue with how the DNS block works. It's not an update that's causing the error to show up- it's the fact the wii U can't connect to the update servers. When it can properly connect to the update servers, then no issue should pop up and you should be able to download the game before the update installs itself. Still, it's a risk. But it should be doable.

Awesome info, Rocket :D Thanks!

GeeBeeYaY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder is it'll totally look suspicious at all if nintendo notices so many people buying DS brain age all of a sudden? ;)

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
UPDATE: I updated my console to 5.5.2 (I use Haxchi), and even the CFW is working fine. No problems here, seems to be safe to update.

Reactions: Kafluke

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't get normal downloading to work, download the title using an NUS downloader like JNUSTool or WiiU USB Helper, REMOVE the title.tik (if there is one), copy it to SD, then install the title with wupinstaller.
It says in the guide that you need to use a legit/not pirated copy of the game in order to install haxchi. But I don't know much about it myself since I never intended on installing haxchi.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says in the guide that you need to use a legit/not pirated copy of the game in order to install haxchi. But I don't know much about it myself since I never intended on installing haxchi.
Everything except the ticket (title.tik) is legit and is downloaded from Nintendo's content servers. And if you purchased the game on the WiiU via eShop, you have a valid ticket already installed by eshop. (That's the way the console actually installs eshop titles - eshop installs the ticket, and the download omits it.)

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything except the ticket (title.tik) is legit and is downloaded from Nintendo's content servers. And if you purchased the game on the WiiU via eShop, you have a valid ticket already installed by eshop. (That's the way the console actually installs eshop titles - eshop installs the ticket, and the download omits it.)
That makes sense.

PSXJowie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you sure about that since I have the same problema about having the game in the download manager not able to download it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1