Homebrew Official nnu-patcher - a patcher to temporarily use the eShop

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
important question is...
Unblocking only c.shop.nintendowifi.net does allow you to download games while maintaining the update at bay?
I downloaded some free stuff like Youtube and Uplay.
And I bought the Mario Kart DLC and Benz.

Seems to be all ok.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh shit I hope not, it might be the same as me then? I ran the update remover a ton of times after just to make sure but the update still tried to install itself.

I still have the TVii icon, I think it's just Fix94's site goes off from time to time, so I can still run the exploit on my self-hosted server (Mongoose), so not all is lost. I just seem to be suffering from the exploit's instability. Do you know who hosts the update remover, i.e, a site I can go to for that?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@the_randomizer
You might want to try that out.
UNblocking only c.shop.nintendowifi.net

I already have the VC games I want for now, trying to load the update remover in case part of the download for the system update made it (as I did unplug it before it downloaded). Is that URL safe to unblock though?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm shit out of luck. I suddenly cannot access the kernel, or rather, I can access the hosted sites fine, but every time I load the OSdriver, it locks up; no errors, no prompts to tell me that I need to enter the system settings, nothing. I can't load any exploits now.
oh shit I hope not, it might be the same as me then? I ran the update remover a ton of times after just to make sure but the update still tried to install itself. Is your ed TVii icon still there?

It sounds like you may have gone through a partial update where some titles finsihed their update, but others didn't. This has happened on 3DS's before and doesn't make for a good time. It's kind of like a semi brick where it still works but other functions will not.

Reactions: Reecey

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you may have gone through a partial update where some titles finsihed their update, but others didn't. This has happened on 3DS's before and doesn't make for a good time. It's kind of like a semi brick where it still works but other functions will not.

I just ran the exploit, just bad luck, so what do I do? I can run the exploit, TVii icon still there, accessed Wii U eShop with NNUS hack, so just bad timing. Can I safely run the update remover, and if so, what site is a good host for that?

I can't seem to find anything like that on Fix's site for update removing.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Rusb

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I autoupdate a game from system menu with this patch? Or it'll pop the system update nag?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ran the exploit, just bad luck, so what do I do? I can run the exploit, TVii icon still there, accessed Wii U eShop with NNUS hack, so just bad timing. Can I safely run the update remover, and if so, what site is a good host for that?

I can't seem to find anything like that on Fix's site for update removing.

Aren't you self hosting now? It should be in the pack you downloaded for it and you can run it from your own website. Also, have you tried restarting your console at all to see if the effects go away?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't you self hosting now? It should be in the pack you downloaded for it and you can run it from your own website. Also, have you tried restarting your console at all to see if the effects go away?

I can run the exploit perfectly fine, along with TCPGecko along with the NNUS patch just fine, I just have to reset since they're still unstable. However, something's jacked up, the damn console locks up when I click the update remover, so I don't know why, I think I have something messed up on my end with the hosting. Do you have another URL I can test or has it? Because the stupid thing refuses to work, maybe it doesn't have it anymore, hence the lock up. I don't know. Man, I feel like an idiot sometimes.

Reactions: Reecey

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can run the exploit perfectly fine, along with TCPGecko along with the NNUS patch just fine, I just have to reset since they're still unstable. However, something's jacked up, the damn console locks up when I click the update remover, so I don't know why, I think I have something messed up on my end with the hosting. Do you have another URL I can test or has it? Because the stupid thing refuses to work, maybe it doesn't have it anymore, hence the lock up. I don't know. Man, I feel like an idiot sometimes.

I don't have a website, but I might be able to host one for you through DDNS for testing. It wouldn't actually be up until the weekend though because I want to get my console set up tonight while I have some time, and before Ninty decides to release a new FW.

Reactions: the_randomizer

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work Fix94! Unfortunately I can't test this either as I'm on 3.1.0 like yourself...

Don't suppose you're working on a temporary version spoof by any chance?

There wouldn't be much retail software you could use because you are missing a bunch of libraries on 3.1 :/

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
me too man!!! :( If you want a self hosting link just click on this link and save as a .html page you have your own version then or like he mentioned you should be able to use his site its up and running for me. I ran the update remover like mad when it happened before and after but again I don't see the red x coming up anymore on download management, which kind of tells me its been partially updated :( also have you turned the power off completely yet to the wiiu cause I have a strong feeling soon as its powered down properly thats it! I dare not too cause I know it will then update 100%.
http://wj44.bplaced.com/remove_update2/payload532.html

Last edited by Reecey,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a self hosting link just click on this link and save as a .html page you have your own version then or like he mentioned you should be able to use his site its up and running for me. I ran the update remover like mad when it happened before and after but again I don't see the red x coming up anymore on download management, which kind of tells me its been partially updated :(
http://wj44.bplaced.com/remove_update2/payload532.html

Right, but I still see the TVii icon, which is baffling, but no longer do I see the red X on the data management, so it seems I'm not the only one who has that anomaly. What this means, I have no idea, but I know I'm still on 5.3.2, so that's good. That being said, I might have to just disable my internet connection altogether on here until we know what's going on. I don't know what happened or why I can't run the stupid remover.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, but I still see the TVii icon, which is baffling, but no longer do I see the red X on the data management, so it seems I'm not the only one who has that anomaly. What this means, I have no idea, but I know I'm still on 5.3.2, so that's good. That being said, I might have to just disable my internet connection altogether on here until we know what's going on. I don't know what happened or why I can't run the stupid remover.
Whats going on when you try to run the update remover off the site I will try as well? also again have you powered your wiiu down completely yet from the socket and see what happens when you boot it back up?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats going on when you try to run the update remover off the site I will try as well? also again have you powered your wiiuu down completely yet and see what happens when you boot it back up?

Oh that, I haven't tried that yet, but I can still run the NUS exploit, NNU patch, OSDriver, TCPGecko just fine however. I assume I run the exploit first then the update remover?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh that, I haven't tried that yet, but I can still run the NUS exploit, NNU patch, OSDriver, TCPGecko just fine however. I assume I run the exploit first then the update remover?
No you just run the update remover. What does it do for you when you do, just wandering? I'm sure mines in the same position as yours.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you just run the update remover. What does it do for you when you do, just wandering?

Oh...odd, maybe that's why it locked up on me. I ran the OSdriver first then the update remover...whoops. I've been doing it wrong oO

But everything else runs fine.

When I did it that way, it just locked up.

Reactions: Maximilious

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either way doesn't matter still works the same :(

Odd...I don't think it helped though. Oh holy hell this bites, you would have thought there would be a warning about this.

Well, time to assume a fetal pose while sucking my thumb, my console is SOL. The update remover freezes, but doesn't cause anything adverse, and yet all other exploits work, so I don't know.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum