Homebrew Official nnu-patcher - a patcher to temporarily use the eShop

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There is no point on staying on 3.1.0 manly becuase hyken has already stated we will never release the iosu exploit on 3.1.0 becuase it isnt his and im guessing only failoverflow has it too and he aint sharing either so whats the point on staying on something that will never be released? i mean you can already use online, use e shop and load backups on 5.3.2 so whats the point of 3.1.0 even with iosu acess you wouldnt be doing anything you cant do in 5.3.2 lol.
yeah i guess it will end up being like the people who waited on 5.x on the 3DS for over a year only for the new exploit to work all the way upto 9.2 anyway which was the latest FW at the time

only difference here though is that the iosu exploit is known to exist for 3.1.0, where as they are just "working on" finding one for 5.3.2....no guarantee either way that the 3.1 iosu exploit will be released, or that they will ever get a working iosu exploit for 5.3.2

Last edited by gamesquest1,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah i guess it will end up being like the people who waited on 5.x on the 3DS for over a year only for the new exploit to work all the way upto 9.2 anyway which was the latest FW at the time

only difference here though is that the iosu exploit is known to exist for 3.1.0, where as they are just "working on" finding one for 5.3.2....no guaretee either way that the 3.1 iosu exploit will be released, or that they will every get a working iosu exploit for 5.3.2
thats the thing it wont be released, hyken himself said the exploit isnt his to give so he wont release it, which means the person that made it(failoverflow?) doesnt want it released so yeah it will never be released.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
thats the thing it wont be released, hyken himself said the exploit isnt his to give so he wont release it, which means the person that made it(failoverflow?) doesnt want it released so yeah it will never be released.
no what im saying is that its known to exist....so while hyken and failoverl0w may never release it, its still there to be found by someone else....there is no confirmed iosu exploits for 5.3.2 though....but tbh i think anyone looking would probably prefer to put all their attention into 5.3.2 though

Reactions: Deleted-355425
D

Deleted-355425

Even if they don't release it, it's still there to find and use by someone :)

Until anything is found for a higher firmware, coming off 3.1.0 would be silly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

well tbh if i was on 3.1.0 i would probably update anyway....people are finding crude ways around the no iosu limitations, and with no plan to release the 3.1.0 iosu exploit to end users unless its a spare console to tuck away there is really no real indication anything will ever come of it publicly

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no what im saying is that its known to exist....so while hyken and failoverl0w may never release it, its still there to be found by someone else....there is no confirmed iosu exploits for 5.3.2 though....but tbh i think anyone looking would probably prefer to put all their attention into 5.3.2 though

I just watched a youtube video from 2013 where fail0verflow goes through hacking the WiiU at launch in high detail. I'm sure if anyone else wanted to they could follow along and pin down how to get the iosu access again.

MiZ J0K3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Some questions:

About "Copy the the content of the "htmls" folder into a new folder on your webserver"
Need i compile these htmls?

About "It will only work properly if you have updated your version.bin with wupinstaller"
It means if i have already spoofed to s5.5.0 will work?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some questions:

About "Copy the the content of the "htmls" folder into a new folder on your webserver"

About "It will only work properly if you have updated your version.bin with wupinstaller"

What I did was copied the entire nnu-master directory to my hosted webserver folder (with the other exploits), copied the payload532.html from the html's folder to the /nnu-master root, changed the name of the nnu-master folder to nnu. Then on your WiiU, open browser, go to your hosted website with the folder structure appended - 192.168.1.1:8080/nnu/payload532.html - Then once it runs open eShop from the quick toolbar and you should be good. This is all after running the OS driver first of course.

And yes, you need to be spoofed to 5.5.

Reactions: fossi and MiZ J0K3R

fossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

no in fact you just need that payload532.html if you are on FW 5.3.2 (spoofed to 5.5.0)
the other html are just to protect you from running the exploit on an incompatible browser.

yes, exactly.
first run the kernel-exploit/osdriver, then the nnu-patcher.

for the kernel exploit try to use the latest version (instead of forcing a shutdown the race attack fails it will display the message "Race attack failed! Please enter the system settings and exit them before retrying." and then exit the browser for you to do so).

Last edited by fossi,
Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

MiZ J0K3R

Trophies
XP
Country
What I did was copied the entire nnu-master directory to my hosted webserver folder (with the other exploits), copied the payload532.html from the html's folder to the /nnu-master root, changed the name of the nnu-master folder to nnu. Then on your WiiU, open browser, go to your hosted website with the folder structure appended - 192.168.1.1:8080/nnu/payload532.html - Then once it runs open eShop from the quick toolbar and you should be good. This is all after running the OS driver first of course.

And yes, you need to be spoofed to 5.5.
Oh Thanks

Other question:

To enter in the e-shop, needs to disable all Nintendo Ip, is it true?

Have I just 1 chance to do it? Just once time? Or is possible to do again?

About Risks:

How is possible to brick the console?

I rly wan to do but I'm afraid to do something wrong :(

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To enter in the e-shop, needs to disable all Nintendo Ip, is it true?

I had some trouble last night downloading with blocks in place, then the gf came home and stopped my fun. I'm going to change my console DNS to tubehax and disable blocks to download my eShop items. Everyone here says that works well while also stopping the full 5.5 update from downloading.

Have I just 1 chance to do it? Just once time? Or is possible to do again?

You need to launch this every time you restart the console, it's not permanent like the 5.5 spoof.

How is possible to brick the console?

Very little chance to brick your console. The only way would be if your console started downloading and installing the official 5.5 firmware and you shut it off half way through. But that being said, this is all at your own risk.

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
@pedro702 Because hacks run a lot more easier/stable on lower firmware's and Hykem is also working on lower firmware's so once an IOSU exploit is found and released I can update to the required firmware and jump all over it :D

jeppad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Excuse my question.

I try to update hyrule warriors... Downloaded files via NUS Downloader and installed. Update shows up in data managements. When i start hyrule warriors he says, that he cant update the game.

Is it maybe possible to install an game Update via the e shop? (NNU-Patched)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think I want to go back to the eShop again, and I have a blocked update in the download queue that I need to get rid of, in order for me to do that, I

- Go to the Update Remover and run it so it removes it from the queue
- Run Kexploit
- Run NNU Patch
- Access eShop and download
- Profit?

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I think I want to go back to the eShop again, and I have a blocked update in the download queue that I need to get rid of, in order for me to do that, I

- Go to the Update Remover and run it so it removes it from the queue
- Run Kexploit
- Run NNU Patch
- Access eShop and download
- Profit?

well if you remove the update, it will just re-download. But if it asks to update, than yes, remove it, than power off. than power on and do rest. Power off removes any pointers to the update and is probably the safest way to do it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you remove the update, it will just re-download. But if it asks to update, than yes, remove it, than power off. than power on and do rest. Power off removes any pointers to the update and is probably the safest way to do it.

Well, the reason I ask is I narrowly escaped an update when I downloaded VC games the other day. What happened is that the update was "stuck" in the queue under "pending" status, as were the VC games. I had to temporarily disable the parental block in my router settings (as I blocked all Nintendo update, etc servers) to download the games. However, it started to download the previously pending update and I had to unplug it. I'm wondering what other way I can get around that, as in, run the exploits, gain access to the eShop and get a couple of VC games without that red X update from downloading after I temporarily disable the router block. I hope that made sense.

Trying to avoid that bedamned update when I download VC games is all.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the reason I ask is I narrowly escaped an update when I downloaded VC games the other day. What happened is that the update was "stuck" in the queue under "pending" status, as were the VC games. I had to temporarily disable the parental block in my router settings (as I blocked all Nintendo update, etc servers) to download the games. However, it started to download the previously pending update and I had to unplug it. I'm wondering what other way I can get around that, as in, run the exploits, gain access to the eShop and get a couple of VC games without that red X update from downloading after I temporarily disable the router block. I hope that made sense.

Trying to avoid that bedamned update when I download VC games is all.

It might download first, but it wont install first. Once all downloads are done, enter settings, re-apply Tubehax DNS settings, re-apply router settings. in Browser, hit the remove update link, once it returns, just power down and the update is gone.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might download first, but it wont install first. Once all downloads are done, enter settings, re-apply Tubehax DNS settings, re-apply router settings. in Browser, hit the remove update link, once it returns, just power down and the update is gone.

Sounds risky but worth a shot I suppose, currently not using the Tubehax method (which i assume the IP goes into the Wii U WiFi setting as the DNS). I've only thus far used the simple IP blacklist method.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds risky but worth a shot I suppose, currently not using the Tubehax method (which i assume the IP goes into the Wii U WiFi setting as the DNS). I've only thus far used the simple IP blacklist method.

Think about this logically, does Windows make you reboot while its still downloading files for an update? The update changes the OS, so it will always priotize applications before installing, if not, Nintendo would probably brick itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0