Hardware Nintendo's transfer service bugs your profile.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've posted about this a while back. I've had this issue where unless I go to my profile page, I do not get friends updates (people going on and offline). This bug was causing me to not see friends playing online in say, Mario Kart. I thought the new update fixed it, but as it turned out it did not. To make matters worse the new feature where it says someone is playing a game also did not work. Finally found a solution. The answer? Make a new profile. Literally had to make a brand new profile and now it functions normally. The only thing that has happened to my console out of the ordinary was I sent the console in. My console was not fixed, but my data was transferred to a new console. This seemingly bugged the profiles in a way that made them not receive active friends list updates. I made a new profile, linked my NNID, and now my list updates automatically, and the new features work.

TL: DR, if you sent your console to Nintendo, and got a new one with your old data, and now your friends acts weird, the fix is to delink your NNID and make a new profile. Lost all my data, but besides the mass coins in Mario Kart, I'll get it back.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you just didn't enable the setting for friend notifications? That was only just added in 3.0.0, and afaik is disabled by default, at least on already-existing profiles.
I'd been struggling with this from early fw. Called Nintendo several times and they had no idea after assuring such settings were infact enabled. And what was added in 3.0.0 was the notification that a friend is playing a particular game. This also did not function till I made a brand new profile.

It also happens on my JPN profile which I normally dont use for playing, and that was also transferred. All settings enabled. It was only last night I decided to see if the profile was bugged or my whole console.

Last edited by YourHero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one