Hacking Nintendont

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendont saves GC raw game saves in a saves folder on the same drive as the GC games.
Could I please request that a new 'Force Saves to SD' setting be added.
Enabling it would allow the saves to be on SD Card whilst the games are on USB disc.

This would be extremely helpful for me because:
I regularly backup my SD Card but not my USB disk as it only contains games that don't change.
Accessing the saves via Savegame Manager is faster if they are on SD.

I hope this is the best place to make suggestions, but if better somewhere else then please let me know.
Your only alternative is to use a physical memory card if you're on Wii. If you're on Wii U you have to deal with it.

Reactions: Clutz450

1985VV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried using my wired Dualsense (PS5) controller in Nintendont but I couldn't get it to work on my Wii U with Tiramisu. I'm using a forwarder from the Wii U menu, my Mayflash GC adapter works perfectly even if I plug it after Nintendont opens, but I cannot get the Dualsense to work in either of the 4 USB ports. Does anyone know if a further config is needed? I've read the first page and I know Bluetooth is not supported, but I guess wired would since DS3/DS4 are currently supported.

Thanks a lot

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried using my wired Dualsense (PS5) controller in Nintendont but I couldn't get it to work on my Wii U with Tiramisu. I'm using a forwarder from the Wii U menu, my Mayflash GC adapter works perfectly even if I plug it after Nintendont opens, but I cannot get the Dualsense to work in either of the 4 USB ports. Does anyone know if a further config is needed? I've read the first page and I know Bluetooth is not supported, but I guess wired would since DS3/DS4 are currently supported.

Thanks a lot
of course a config is needed, controllers dont just work, you would need to make your own controller.ini for it.
mayflash works because there is already an ini made for it.

Reactions: jeannotte

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've used nintendont on wii before on a usb mem stick, but recently got a WiiU and I'm running Tiramisu.. I have an external 2tb hd.. And I'm wondering if I instal nintendont - can I put the iso's on the external drive with the wiiU games already there? Or can I put them on the usbmem stick (but Im sure wiiU only likes 1 external usb drive connected??)
So basically i'm asking whats the best way for me to havenintendont on the wiiU for me.. Many thanks!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've used nintendont on wii before on a usb mem stick, but recently got a WiiU and I'm running Tiramisu.. I have an external 2tb hd.. And I'm wondering if I instal nintendont - can I put the iso's on the external drive with the wiiU games already there? Or can I put them on the usbmem stick (but Im sure wiiU only likes 1 external usb drive connected??)
So basically i'm asking whats the best way for me to havenintendont on the wiiU for me.. Many thanks!
your usb should still work but i dont know if it would clash with wiiu formatted hdd or not its a matter of trying.

to put them on your wiiu formatted hdd along with wiiu games and such you would need to make a single injection for each game, which could be cumbersome depending on how many games you want to have on your wiiu menu since it takes abit of work and can be messy if you are the type of people that wants to have 200 or 300 games on demand(wiiu title limit is 300 so this wouldnt even fit 300 on home menu)

Imo the best option for wiiu is an sd card, buy a big sd card they are cheap nowadays, i have a 128gb one works great, format to fat 32 and put your isos there and then install a nintendont wiiu menu forwarder it will allow you to use wiiu gamepad as a controller and can be booted directly from wiiu menu and you can select the isos like normal from a list.

So yeah its up to you and how many games you want to have on demand.

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Imo the best option for wiiu is an sd card, buy a big sd card they are cheap nowadays, i have a 128gb one works great, format to fat 32 and put your isos there and then install a nintendont wiiu menu forwarder it will allow you to use wiiu gamepad as a controller and can be booted directly from wiiu menu and you can select the isos like normal from a list.

So yeah its up to you and how many games you want to have on demand.
I have a spare 128gb sd card I can use and I'm only looking to put 10-20 games I really enjoy on system - So this will be the best for me.. many thanks for fast replay and advise !!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: Welshgamer101

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: pedro702

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon the ignorance, I haven't messed with modding a console in many years.

Why does there seem to be so little documentation surrounding playing GameCube games on the Wii U game pad? I can find forum posts asking about it, ending with people DMing, and the YouTube videos I see are either old, or have incomplete information.
I softmodded my Wii U earlier with Tiramisu, with the sole intention of playing GCN on my Game Pad. Can someone guide me through this? As far as I can tell, I need a Nintendont Forwarder, but it seems to be more complicated than old Wii channel forwarders in used to

Thanks!

Last edited by Lanlan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon the ignorance, I haven't messed with nodding a console in many year.

Why does there seem to be so little documentation surrounding playing GameCube games on the Wii U game pad? I can find forum posts asking about it, ending with people DMing, and the YouTube videos I see are either old, or have incomplete information.
I softmodded my Wii U earlier with Tiramisu, with the sole intention of playing GCN on my Game Pad. Can someone guide me through this? As far as I can tell, I need a Nintendont Forwarder, but it seems to be more complicated than old Wii channel forwarders in used to

Thanks!
Yeah, it should work on Tiramisu, but I don't think it will on aroma if it's hbl2hbc. All forwarders that use elf do not work on aroma, but you can if you put that hbl rpx in setup. However, the rpx from the wiiu/apps will no longer be on the home menu. Anyway, I have the forwarder backed up on my laptop. It will ask you if you want to use the gamepad. Do you need it?

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it should work on Tiramisu, but I don't think it will on aroma if it's hbl2hbc. All forwarders that use elf do not work on aroma, but you can if you put that hbl rpx in setup. However, the rpx from the wiiu/apps will no longer be on the home menu. Anyway, I have the forwarder backed up on my laptop. It will ask you if you want to use the gamepad. Do you need it?
I appreciate the reply! But I'll be honest I understood about half of your message. I was pretty active here during the Wii days, so I remember Elf files, but other than that I dunno.

But I'll definitely take the help

Last edited by Lanlan,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pardon the ignorance, I haven't messed with modding a console in many years.

Thanks!
first thing first to use wiiu gamepad you cant use fat32 usb

So you either use a sd card for isos or you need to install games to wiiu nand/wiiu formatted hdd(those are a hit and miss on tiramisu afaik)

if you have an sd card then simply install this forward with an wup installer https://www.mediafire.com/file/09qa...28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first thing first to use wiiu gamepad you cant use fat32 usb

So you either use a sd card for isos or you need to install games to wiiu nand/wiiu formatted hdd(those are a hit and miss on tiramisu afaik)

if you have an sd card then simply install this forward with an wup installer https://www.mediafire.com/file/09qacy3cxpmawe3/Nintendont_%28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file
So I install that, then it's an icon on my main Wii U menu? Then I click it, and it just loads Nintendont but I can use the Gamepad?

yaketyJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So I install that, then it's an icon on my main Wii U menu? Then I click it, and it just loads Nintendont but I can use the Gamepad?
The other way would be to inject single games as WiiU icons (that loads the game directly (still uses Nintendont), and it will ask you if you want to use Gamepad.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The other way would be to inject single games as WiiU icons (that loads the game directly (still uses Nintendont), and it will ask you if you want to use Gamepad.
yeah but like i said you would need to either make your own injects one by one or find them somehow and install them one by one. on your home screen, consider that the wiiu screen has a 300 title limit.

Reactions: yaketyJack

yaketyJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
yeah but like i said you would need to either make your own injects one by one or find them somehow and install them one by one. on your home screen, consider that the wiiu screen has a 300 title limit.
Yea, I agree! But, if you have a favorite game, that you play often, that's the easiest+fastest way, since it skips Nintendont loading+menus.

I use "TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector" to create the icons

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yea, I agree! But, if you have a favorite game, that you play often, that's the easiest+fastest way, since it skips Nintendont loading+menus.

like i said to each their own, i prefer the sd card way because i can change settings before starting a game since not all games are compatible with all settings and whatnot.

Reactions: yaketyJack

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't care about having individual icons for each game. I just wanna load nintendont and have a portable gamecube.

Can Nintendont use GCM files? Or only ISO? Also, can I trim the gamecube games to make them smaller?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't care about having individual icons for each game. I just wanna load nintendont and have a portable gamecube.

Can Nintendont use GCM files? Or only ISO? Also, can I trim the gamecube games to make them smaller?
nintendont needs iso, a gcm file is an iso you can just rename the extension part to iso on your pc by editing the extension of the file.

you can trim the iso with dmtollbox make sure to select 32k alligment to not break games, the best compatibility is always full 1.35gb isos to make sure matching redump md5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work