Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Unfortunately I also use this HDD for backups, it would take a long time to format, and I don't have enough space in my PC to transfer all files;
Anyway, checking in github, I downloaded this old loader.dol from "https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/commit/4d282ff55a695584f082a5d5dde4d27178093ad4"

"Nintendont v3.403-exFAT-test4 is now ready for testing."
And it gives the same error

I guess 3.370 is stable enough to keep for now, since I finished some games on it last time. If I get a new HDD I will try your tip (format the entire drive to fat32), thanks for the help!
try finding a hidden partition first maybe it can be there and deleted .

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched Wii U homebrew since last year. Is there any way now to boot a GameCube game via Nintendont and not have to use the Wiimote at all? For example, with an injected game, boot it up from the Wii U menu, then quit it and go back to the Wii U menu (not the vWii menu)?

That was my main caveat with Nintendont a few months ago, to be honest.

faust22

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys i have a big problem with resident evil 1. i'm playing it with nintendont on my wii but when it's time to change between disc 1 and disc 2 it gives me an error that says "an error has occured. turn off the console and consult the nintendo game cube manual". i put the files into a usb memory stick in a folder called "games" with a subdirectory called "Resident Evil" and disc 1 named as game.iso and disc 2 as disc2.iso but it doesn't work. if i start disc 2 it says to change to disc 1 and the automatic swap works fine but not the contrary...any suggest?

p.s. the nintendont version is the 5.476

Got hidden extensions off, it's definitely in the same folder.
Regarding the 'game2.iso', I was googling my problem and someone said that worked so I thought it was worth trying.
Here's my folder:
View attachment 94370

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind, I'm a dolt.
Had it as "disk2" before I renamed it.

did you resolve your problem?

Last edited by faust22,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi guys i have a big problem with resident evil 1. i'm playing it with nintendont on my wii but when it's time to change between disc 1 and disc 2 it gives me an error that says "an error has occured. turn off the console and consult the nintendo game cube manual". i put the files into a usb memory stick in a folder called "games" with a subdirectory called "Resident Evil" and disc 1 named as game.iso and disc 2 as disc2.iso but it doesn't work. if i start disc 2 it says to change to disc 1 and the automatic swap works fine but not the contrary...any suggest?

p.s. the nintendont version is the 5.476

did you resolve your problem?
well take a picture of your nintendont settings and then tak a picture inside your resident evil folder.

faust22

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMG-20180731-WA0006.jpg IMG-20180731-WA0007.jpg IMG-20180731-WA0008.jpg games.png

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
your using a real memory card what size is it btw? 4mb 8 mb 16mb?

an error has ocurred is when 2 things happen the usb is too slow to respond or bad iso or some unsuported settings, the only setting i see is language forced to ita instead of auto so hmm

can you confirm the md5 of your disc2.iso game? does it match redump?

also can you move both isos to an sd card or another usb device and try there to see if its an issue with usb respond?

Reactions: faust22

faust22

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
your using a real memory card what size is it btw? 4mb 8 mb 16mb?

an error has ocurred is when 2 things happen the usb is too slow to respond or bad iso or some unsuported settings, the only setting i see is language forced to ita instead of auto so hmm

can you confirm the md5 of your disc2.iso game? does it match redump?

also can you move both isos to an sd card or another usb device and try there to see if its an issue with usb respond?

thank you so much! i change the usb device with a faster one and it goes! thx again

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Nintendont to compile and made a build with some small tweaks (which may or may not be relevant to others). Let me know if you give it a try. I use Priiloader on my Wiis to boot to Nintendont and use a GameCube controller for input.

http://costlyclick.com/files/boot.zip

Changes:
Autoboots to SD. I keep my apps and games on SD and the SD/USB prompt is unnecessary. This has the side effect of it booting faster
Background replaced with more subtle grey cube background from MasterMOD collection

More kid friendly input:
B for Settings only activates on the first game in the list to prevent accidental input
Removed left/right page up/down - the GC dpad is not amazing and frequently bounces around the menu paging up and down while scrolling
Removed X for game info, start to exit

Last edited by costlyclick,

Optllizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a complete retard but is there any way to disable home button when using nintendont because i got friends who think its funny to click it in the middle of a mario party match and it completely resets it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not to be a complete retard but is there any way to disable home button when using nintendont because i got friends who think its funny to click it in the middle of a mario party match and it completely resets it.
unless you use something without one,like wiiu gc adapter with gc controllers or something.

Optllizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So GC to Wiimote adapter and they're pressing Home on the Wiimote?
No, when u click the start button 3 times it is like clicking the home button. they know that so they think its funny todo so. so i was wondering if i could disable nintendont from resetting when i click the home button. or just disable home button usage completely

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, when u click the start button 3 times it is like clicking the home button. they know that so they think its funny todo so. so i was wondering if i could disable nintendont from resetting when i click the home button. or just disable home button usage completely
if you want me too i could record a quick video of it happening

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video sounds good. I just booted up my Wii and used a Wiimote and a nunchuk on it. Pressing the home button exits to the loader. Let's see if it's the same behavior.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1