Hacking Nintendont

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thank you for replying, sideskroll, but as it turns out though, there hasn't been a game I've played yet with perfect circles whether the Wii U Widescreen setting is on or not, which is especially made evident when GC controller button prompts appear. For some reason, the Aspect Ratio is indeed off. Also, as I said earlier, changing my TV settings doesn't fix the issue and the issue is even present on the gamepad's screen. I can link some screenshots it it helps.

That is most definitely weird... Are you launching Nintendon't from a loader, HBC or a forwarder?
Try setting "just scan" on your TV and turning OFF Wiiu Widescreen mode in both, the loader (if used) and Nintendon't.

If it bothers you that much try Devolution and enable the horizontal scaling option; it will stretch by 32 pixels and you won't notice black bars on the left or right. It's what many Wii titles do otherwise you'd see the black bars on every game.

But note that nintendont doesn't do anything to change the aspect(disregarding the widescreen option), if you compare it side by side with a GC it's the same amount of wide. Then again on the Wii U it might be different.

It most likely is because it's outputting in 1080p. So the TV is most likely just scanning what its being fed instead of applying over-scan to the image which is the usual behavior when a lower resolution is displayed on digital HD monitors.
On Wii the "advertised" resolution was 480p even though the REAL one was 448. So the TV just applied over-scan and that was that.

Reactions: Troopage

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree. BAck in the day when surround went "mainstream" and home based it was all the rage to just use it for anything. I remember people even listened to audi CDs with that crap on. I think in this day and age we're better than that. (At least I know I am cause in time I learned what is really surround sound and how it works) And that's why I said that my second (and main) concern aside from the fact that I'm always wondering if the game was indeed created with matrix encoded content or not was the bother of having to manually select PLII on a game by game basis.
And on that note and to end this *unrelated-to-nintendon't* conversation. Does anybody know if SNES/N64 etc games encoded with surround matrix translate to VC and such? I mean, is there for example a game in N64 and/or SNES with any kind of "test"?
I've NEVER in my entire life listened to a SNES surround game with a proper Dolby receiver before and I'd like to try it :)
Thnks guys.

Yes, super nintendo and N64 games use Dolby Surround encoding (the predecessor of dolby pro logic) Dolby Pro logic 2 is backwards compatible with it and will work if the the has an surround sound option. Of the top of my head, Ocarina of time and Majoras mask have this. They work perfectly fine through VC. I havent tried it through emulators though

Edit: also there is no game with a sound test that i can think of but you can test it yourself by first trying the game with Surrond on in the game and Pro logic 2 mode on the receiver and then try again with Stereo on (instead of surround) and Pro logic 2 mode on the reciever. You should hear a difference in the back channels if the n64 surround mode is working

zlqtt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
HHeeeeeyyy, has anyone made it to play with multiple controllers?
I have a Twin usb gamepad (2 gamepads from 1 port) and i configure it to play with one, but i cant with both controllers. I have changed MultiIn and MultiInValue several times and sometimes works just one controller or both but not quite well. Anyone who knows how to configure it?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
When loading through the bios with component cables my TV seems to show a blue screen for about a second, making it miss the first part of the boot animation, not a big deal but it strikes the nostalgia. This happens regardless of 480p or 480i

It most likely is because it's outputting in 1080p. So the TV is most likely just scanning what its being fed instead of applying over-scan to the image which is the usual behavior when a lower resolution is displayed on digital HD monitors.
Could be but most modern TVs will have low overscan anyway so the black bars should still remain very noticeable; they do on my EDTV which definitely does overscan.
On Wii the "advertised" resolution was 480p even though the REAL one was 448. So the TV just applied over-scan and that was that.
Not quite right, I can think of more Wii games that used something higher than 448, 456 was used more than 448. The idea is generally correct though as even NES and N64 VC were vertically cropped to 456. In fact there's some nonsense games that were widescreen in 4:3, making them use even less lines, like this one which uses 334 lines. I can think of many GC games that used all lines though, Melee, Paper Mario and most Sonic games.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When loading through the bios with component cables my TV seems to show a blue screen for about a second

My TV doesnt do that so my guess is that your tv simply show a blue screen on signal switches, I cant do anything about signal changes so you gotta live with that.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HHeeeeeyyy, has anyone made it to play with multiple controllers?

Yes

I have a Twin usb gamepad (2 gamepads from 1 port) and i configure it to play with one, but i cant with both controllers. I have changed MultiIn and MultiInValue several times and sometimes works just one controller or both but not quite well. Anyone who knows how to configure it?
How could anyone tell you how to fix it when you havent told us:
What version of nintendont.
Which Twin usb gamepad it is.
What the raw data from hidtest looks like.
Whats in your controller.ini file.
What it is that dosent work.
How to tell the differance in the raw data from the two controllers.

You should continue this in the nintendont controller configurations thread.

zlqtt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes

How could anyone tell you how to fix it when you havent told us:
What version of nintendont.
Which Twin usb gamepad it is.
What the raw data from hidtest looks like.
Whats in your controller.ini file.
What it is that dosent work.
How to tell the differance in the raw data from the two controllers.

You should continue this in the nintendont controller configurations thread.

sorry.. thanks for the advice

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is most definitely weird... Are you launching Nintendon't from a loader, HBC or a forwarder?
Try setting "just scan" on your TV and turning OFF Wiiu Widescreen mode in both, the loader (if used) and Nintendon't.
Where would "just scan" be under? I have a Samsung 40" LCD from '09, and I can't find that option anywhere. Btw I got a couple new games and the don't have any Aspect Ratio issues. I don't think it has to do with the TV scanning though, cause the Wii U's Gamepad is its own thing and it displays the exact same as my TV. Maybe the developers of the games just didn't care about ratio and it has always been wrong.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot games from usbloadergx none of the widescreen settings seem to work. If I change the widescreen settings in nintendon't everything works but it does not autoboot from usbloadergx anymore. The only way i can get it to autoboot from usbloadergx is to delete the nintendon't configuration files from my sd card but then no widescreen again. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? I feel like this started after the wiiu widescreen stuff was implemented but there is no wiiu widescreen setting in usbloadergx.

I am using usbloadergx 1233 and the latest nintendon't from the first page of the thread.

I did not have this problem with older versions of nintendon't and I really don't mind using them but I would like to be able to use the gc bios.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I boot games from usbloadergx none of the widescreen settings seem to work. If I change the widescreen settings in nintendon't everything works but it does not autoboot from usbloadergx anymore. The only way i can get it to autoboot from usbloadergx is to delete the nintendon't configuration files from my sd card but then no widescreen again. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? I feel like this started after the wiiu widescreen stuff was implemented but there is no wiiu widescreen setting in usbloadergx.

I am using usbloadergx 1233 and the latest nintendon't from the first page of the thread.

I did not have this problem with older versions of nintendon't and I really don't mind using them but I would like to be able to use the gc bios.

The wii u widescreen settings were added with rev 1235...

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

check Cyan's signature for the new version of GX

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
check the gameid by hexediting the iso
it's the first 6 letters, you only need the first 4 letters though
then add && (memcmp(&(ncfg->GameID), "XXXX", 4) != 0) in side the new line where XXXX is your ID4
if you don't know how to compile just post your ID in the mod thread

Edit: and sonic adv alpha might have an ID starting with letter D so that's why the bios is skipped
Sonic Adventure Alpha ID is RELSAB actually, I will check Peach Castle later on since the hard drive is busy atm, but what's weird is if I try to convert it using Dios Mios Wad Creator which I usually use to get the game ID, the game doesn't even convert at all, it's like it doesn't even have an ID at all, weird.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Adventure Alpha ID is RELSAB actually, I will check Peach Castle later on since the hard drive is busy atm, but what's weird is if I try to convert it using Dios Mios Wad Creator which I usually use to get the game ID, the game doesn't even convert at all, it's like it doesn't even have an ID at all, weird.

Peach's castle doesn't by default. I arbitrarily set it to GDSE01 (before I realized that was the I'd for dark summit)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup