Hacking Nintendont

nevaeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you still havent shoed or said all your nintendont settings, you may have some of them on or off that those games dont like.

My apologies.

I have all the settings at default, so no hacks enabled, cheats, etc.

If I boot Nintendont everything is "OFF".

I have also tried setting "Native Controller" to "ON".

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try it. Does anyone have more information about this issue?

A small no. of HDD devices have been rendered incompatible due to the fact there's new USB code, which allows all ports on a Wii U to be used. Another workaround would be to place the games on USB but to load the app from SD and bypass the issue.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

anikom15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small no. of HDD devices have been rendered incompatible due to the fact there's new USB code, which allows all ports on a Wii U to be used. Another workaround would be to place the games on USB but to load the app from SD and bypass the issue.

Just my luck. I'll try a different flash drive. Is there a list of (in)compatible flash drives, in the case of buying a new one some time in the future?

I have a number of portable drives. I'll test all of them and post results. They have to be FAT32, not NTFS, correct?

FWIW, my SD card is only 1.0 GB and I'm running on Wii, not Wii U.

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm here, and very interested.

I know the problem sounds very hard, especially when a few games require precision more than others, and only really highly skilled players seem to notice.

I know the method of timing for controller reading was recently done away with, but this begs the question as to why you would limit the controller read in the first place?

I messaged Howard am waiting for a response you should do the same and we can help together.

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is unfortunate as the melee community would greatly benefit from having this functionality. This would save tournament organizes the hassle of carrying around multiple systems, on top of that higher quality broadcasts/playing experience would be amazing. I thought Howard was looking into since it has been confirmed that the problem has to do with how the adapter works. Many individuals including myself would not mind donating to see what can be done to minimize or possibly eliminate this lag. The competitive melee community is very large.
Hi, you should message Howard too, and we may be able to help get this fixed.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A second update today, that rare, found some more small things:
-hopefully improved the audio streaming code to not crash certain games on the end of the audio file
-added triforce video mode patches so all 4 triforce games can be patched to run with force progressive
I only verified the 4 triforce games run in progressive with my component cables on my wii, no idea if all work fine via hdmi on wiiu.

cetygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi. Is there any chance that third-party Classic Controller will work with Nintendont, for example, this one. It is really hard to get an original one today. :C

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
A second update today, that rare, found some more small things:
-hopefully improved the audio streaming code to not crash certain games on the end of the audio file
-added triforce video mode patches so all 4 triforce games can be patched to run with force progressive
I only verified the 4 triforce games run in progressive with my component cables on my wii, no idea if all work fine via hdmi on wiiu.
I'll be testing MKGP1 and F-Zero AX on Wii U for the progressive patch, will post results. MKGP 2 still crashes on camera screen? Can't remember if this was addressed to some degree. Wouldn't mind trying that game out too if it works.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I'll be testing MKGP1 and F-Zero AX on Wii U for the progressive patch, will post results. MKGP 2 still crashes on camera screen? Can't remember if this was addressed to some degree. Wouldn't mind trying that game out too if it works.
all triforce games should be working fine now

Reactions: MassiveRican

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1