Hacking Nintendont

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So i have this problem that i want you to help me with ! I can go throught menu i select my game it loads all fine BUT then the wii remote with the classic controller pro doesnt work. It lights up all 4 lights on the bottom and it is not responding ! please help me i couldnt find anything about this problem. I think i have done all the istructions the correct way. I have tried resyncing and reconnecting the classic pro while the game still works. This is the first app i have this problem ! what am i doing wrong ?

Check if you have a official controller (Wiimote/classic controller pro). Check if the screws of your controllers have a "Y" shape - like this

yscrew.jpg

If yours is not like this, you are probably using an third party one. Some code has been implemented to support third parties controllers and unfortunatelly
maybe yours isn't supported yet.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop spreading lies, Fix94 may not be willing to fix this but Howard has stated that he is interested in fixing this issue. The problem is that no one in the competitive community (thus far) has been willing to put the time and effort to help him find the issue.
More accurately, he asked the competitive Smash community for help getting evidence that the issue even currently exists, so that he can look into it if it does. No response, therefore no evidence, therefore no fix and possibly no actual issue to be fixed in the first place.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More accurately, he asked the competitive Smash community for help getting evidence that the issue even currently exists, so that he can look into it if it does. No response, therefore no evidence, therefore no fix and possibly no actual issue to be fixed in the first place.
I am a bit behind, what issue?

I mean to ask this long ago... The reason why Wii U can't detect GCN optical disc is software based, or hardware based?
This I want to know as well. I want to say hardware based. But I am not sure.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean to ask this long ago... The reason why Wii U can't detect GCN optical disc is software based, or hardware based?
It can't read GC discs because of hardware, and the reason it can't detect DVD's (idk about bu-ray) is because of the drive's firmware.

Reactions: OriginalHamster
D

Deleted-353083

@ those who have a purely USB setup, how do you have things set up? When I try to launch a gamecube game via Wiiflow, it code dumps immediately. Launching with Wiiflow and Nintendont on SD with games on USB works fine however.

Sorry if this has already been answered but i have everything running solely off usb as i only have a 2gb sd card. I have Wiiflow and Nintendont and on the root of the usb drive just have a folder for your GameCube games called "games" and one for your Wii games called "wbfs" I trust it you know the Wii games have to be in WBFS format and the GameCube games have to be in folders with the game's name and the actual iso itself inside those folders simply called "game" I even have all my media (video, songs etc.) on there too as i also have WiiMC and this is on a Wii U (well the vWii to be precise) and everything works perfectly.

P.S. Almost forgot... if you're using Nintendont the HID files have to be on the usb drive too, not the sd card. Yeah so why not just use both?

The Gameboy-cube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can be done, but no one is interested.
dios-mios booter had an autoboot entry where the gameid would be set
After compiling the dol and inserted it into the wad it will only boot the selected game if no buttons are pressed during a timeout.
maybe the best way to do this now is to make a forwarder dol to /apps/nintendont/boot.dol with gameid argument

After much research I'm not exactly sure where to start to try something like that. Do you know where there are instructions or I could learn? Thanks!

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit behind, what issue?
According to some, Nintendont introduces just enough lag when not using native controls that it hampers competitive play in SSB Melee (and evidently Ikaruga?). Unfortunately, nobody who experiences the issue can provide much info beyond "I can feel the lag!"

So the developers don't know whether the issue is imaginary, or if it's a past issue that's already been fixed, or if it's a real issue but caused by the controller or adapter instead of Nintendont, or if it's related to certain game dumps, specific configurations, or what. All of which leaves "what issue" a very open question.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to some, Nintendont introduces just enough lag when not using native controls that it hampers competitive play in SSB Melee (and evidently Ikaruga?). Unfortunately, nobody who experiences the issue can provide much info beyond "I can feel the lag!"

So the developers don't know whether the issue is imaginary, or if it's a past issue that's already been fixed, or if it's a real issue but caused by the controller or adapter instead of Nintendont, or if it's related to certain game dumps, specific configurations, or what. All of which leaves "what issue" a very open question.
What I noticed when using three revisions ago of Nintendont for Wii Classic Controller Pro was sometimes there would be button input lag, where I would not do a move on v1.0 of Smash Bros Melee. It pissed me off. When I put new batteries in, seemed to fix the issue. I have not played Melee yet on the current revision on Nintendont. I can mess around with Melee with my Classic Controller Pro (Wii) more to see the issue.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
SSBM is one of the few games I do have for testing, but I don't have any friends so I can't test multiplayer effectively. I can try using one hand for each controller, but then I end up with one guy jumping up and down, and another walking into a wall. :lol:

Reactions: Etheboss

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh Ooh can I get in on the fixing of the GC controller poll rate problem?

I really think it's so much better now that there were some fixes implemented by Howard, but I'd love to know the technical details about why it wouldn't be the exact same as using the native control ports on a real Wii or in Smash 4.

I asked fix about it once, and he explained that there was some number he was adjusting to let the program interupt every so often to read the controller or something, but when I asked why you wouldn't want to interrupt as often as possible the answer wasn't so clear.

Credair spit out some math, but what is he trying to say? That the numbers are hard to achieve?

Reactions: The_Frag_Man

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh Ooh can I get in on the fixing of the GC controller poll rate problem?

I really think it's so much better now that there were some fixes implemented by Howard, but I'd love to know the technical details about why it wouldn't be the exact same as using the native control ports on a real Wii or in Smash 4.

I asked fix about it once, and he explained that there was some number he was adjusting to let the program interupt every so often to read the controller or something, but when I asked why you wouldn't want to interrupt as often as possible the answer wasn't so clear.

Credair spit out some math, but what is he trying to say? That the numbers are hard to achieve?
Send a PM to Howard. He said earlier in this thread that he would look into it if people were willing to do very specific tests for him.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm here, and very interested.

I know the problem sounds very hard, especially when a few games require precision more than others, and only really highly skilled players seem to notice.

I know the method of timing for controller reading was recently done away with, but this begs the question as to why you would limit the controller read in the first place?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm here, and very interested.

I know the problem sounds very hard, especially when a few games require precision more than others, and only really highly skilled players seem to notice.

I know the method of timing for controller reading was recently done away with, but this begs the question as to why you would limit the controller read in the first place?

Like it was said earlier, talk to Howard about it.. He needs tests to do something about it, if possible.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The original Wii's optical drives had special dual arms and a sensor to allow the smaller GameCube discs to be properly centered so the disc can be read as well as the software MIOS which was the GameCube sandbox. The Wii's without the GameCube ports and Wii U's no longer have these centering arms so the smaller disc cannot properly be centered and therefore the drive cannot read it. It was more expensive to produce the drives that can accept the smaller discs.

If you try to put a GameCube disc in a GameCube compatible Wii on either the left or the right side of the drive and not put it in the center, the drive automatically centers the disc using those guiding arms. Maybe if I get the urge, I'll open up my Wii again and show this in action. Before the Wii, as far as I know, no other slot loading drive accepted the smaller discs.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste