Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo didn't underestimate the demand, the company making the adapters for Nintendo did. They figured with poor Wii U sales there wouldn't be a high demand. Looks like they were wrong.

You are using an out of date USB Loader GX. Look at Cyan's signature.

Nevertheless, they are manufacturing more, this much we know, when, is another part, likely next week, er week of Dec 1st. That alone should reduce the price. So, hopefully I can get one soon to use Nintedont with it :P

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo didn't underestimate the demand, the company making the adapters for Nintendo did. They figured with poor Wii U sales there wouldn't be a high demand. Looks like they were wrong.

You are using an out of date USB Loader GX. Look at Cyan's signature.

I'll check it out soon. I'm so frustrated I'm just going to end up formatting my Card and Ex.HDD.
But I'm pretty sure I have r1233.

Also I know it's the wrong topic but earlier I actually got this code error while just sitting in the system menu "error 004 an error has occurred the system files are corrupted" and I did google it and basically everyone kept saying it was do to System Version differences and the process of soft modding both of which I've done. I'm running 4.3u and haven't had any issues till now.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I've got a small request regarding something mentioned awhile back, the Paper Mario 2 demo in Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 18 crashes when going into battle. So I added the title to the ARStartDMA list and it didn't crash anymore.
Title ID:
Code:
(TITLE_ID) == 0x443737 ) // Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 18

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I got Nintendont to work with two drives attached by plugging the vWii drive into the upper Wii U port (Port 0)! However, now I can't get USB Loader GX to read my games. If I change the port to 1 in Hard Drive Settings, it still cannot mount the USB drive. If I change the Loader IOS to 58, it can read the games list in the GUI, but selecting a game does not start it; it either blackscreens or reloads HBC. I have d2x beta 53 installed to 249.

Cyan, do you have any ideas? Let me know if I should move this discussion over over to the GX thread.
It looks like you have beta52.
verify you really have beta53 in the slot you are using. with beta53 you can mount both drives at the same time (port: both, partition: all), with IOS58 only the highest one (port1).
If you still have issue it's better to discuss in GX thread to prevent offtopic here.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So erm.. Hmm. Well I might have mis-spoke. So I guess everytime I updated Nintendont it created the files, downloaded them anyway.. however after doing formatting on my sd card and harddrive I found out the updates didn't go in the actual folder :hateit:So I took what I thought was the update and renamed and stuffed it in the folder it appeared newer as well as the creation date. Fast forward a few hours I take a look at the neat and clean hard drive and sd card. boot up the wii and check nintendont.. I was missing out. I originally thought the Date was not being updated since my last update was the 29th of October. I boot it up and it has a wallpaper! A new date!

I shouldn't celebrate yet though since I might still have issues, fyi the USB Loader GX works now. Apparently I didn't have R1233 :bow:

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it possible to change resolution to use square pixels (640x480)? (This is for 4/3 of course)
Primarily thinking of Wii U as it got HDMI and doesn't need 720x480 to mess things up.

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any chance pointer codes for wiird will be supported?
EDIT: and while im at it, with all these revs coming out, am i correct in assuming that most of these revs are geared towards wii u users? to be honest, im still using rev 2.0.6 (or 2.0.9 can't confirm since i'm away from home) and have never experience any bugs that most users report here. i thought ''why update and risk experiencing bugs when i have a perfect version right here?'' (not including those bugs included in the compatibilty list ie. missing sound in baten kaitos etc which i think are still there). so is there any reason to get the latest build? any worthy improvement for wii users? actually my only wish is for pointer codes support cause my little boy has been bugging me for infinite money for a certain game for quite sometime now. after all not everyone has the patience (my son) and time (myself LOL) to grind.

nothing huh?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is it possible to change resolution to use square pixels (640x480)? (This is for 4/3 of course)
Primarily thinking of Wii U as it got HDMI and doesn't need 720x480 to mess things up.
Just because the output is 720 pixels wide doesn't mean the game is, it's just a chunk of inactive pixels.
See this screenshot, if you take out all the black you get 640 horizontal pixels. A good 90% of all GC games are like this, a few first-party games use 608 instead to get square pixels. See this screenshot of the GBP, which uses the 608 example, if you take out the black here you get 666 because of extra scaling done by the video hardware which gets even closer to square pixels; it's only off by two pixels.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got a small request regarding something mentioned awhile back, the Paper Mario 2 demo in Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 18 crashes when going into battle. So I added the title to the ARStartDMA list and it didn't crash anymore.
Title ID:
Code:
(TITLE_ID) == 0x443737 ) // Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 18
Tag Fix94 into something like that or any of the other developers to see if that could be implemented in the official repository.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So wait, a demo for Paper Mario 2 is important to have a fix but the final version of Sonic Riders crashing is "too stupid" to be fixed? :V
Personally, I don't care about Alpha or Beta versions of a game if we already have the full version working. :v
But he found a way to make it work, so that's a pro... I think. XD
Perhaps you could do the same too, try adding the game to one of the exceptions list to see if that makes it work properly.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, a demo for Paper Mario 2 is important to have a fix but the final version of Sonic Riders crashing is "too stupid" to be fixed? :V

Personally, I don't care about Alpha or Beta versions of a game if we already have the full version working. :v
But he found a way to make it work, so that's a pro... I think. XD
Perhaps you could do the same too, try adding the game to one of the exceptions list to see if that makes it work properly.

I agree with ShadowOne. If someone found a way to make it work then it should be be fixed. Even if it is a demo disc.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
As some of you may know, jamen is sending me two flash drives that don't work so I can attempt to improve compatibility. All money that gets donated to me is spent directly into further development, either towards hardware or to games (the cheapest, crappiest ones I can find).

I'd like to buy him two replacement drives, and cyber Monday is the perfect day to do it, but I'm already spending a lot of my own money on Nintendont (I've actually put a couple hundred towards homebrew development). For $20 I could get him two new 32GB drives from Amazon. If some of you guys could just donate a few bucks (or even a dollar) it would really be helpful.

Edit: Donations received, and I've bought the replacement drive for jamen. Thanks guys! :)

Blubby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, i just installed Homebrew channel on my PAL Wii U and launched Nintendont, i used the PAL Smashstack and everything went ok.
I use the same USB-stick that i use for my wii as well, though i created the "controller" folder and added the *.ini files. (i used to boot games with the cfg loader though)
Nintendont finds all the games as well, (Melee NTSC/PAL/20XX, Mario Party...) but unfourtanetly when i try to start any of them (with any kind of settings) the launcher is getting stuck at: "Init USB/SD device..."

Front USB: the offical Nintendo Gamecube Adapter
Backside USB: the top USB has my USB Stick and the bottom one has my LAN-Adapter.

Can somebody tell me what the issue is? (i never used nintendont on a wii) I couldn't find anything on google or in the starting post about this problem :/

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i just installed Homebrew channel on my PAL Wii U and launched Nintendont, i used the PAL Smashstack and everything went ok.
I use the same USB-stick that i use for my wii as well, though i created the "controller" folder and added the *.ini files. (i used to boot games with the cfg loader though)
Nintendont finds all the games as well, (Melee NTSC/PAL/20XX, Mario Party...) but unfourtanetly when i try to start any of them (with any kind of settings) the launcher is getting stuck at: "Init USB/SD device..."

Front USB: the offical Nintendo Gamecube Adapter
Backside USB: the top USB has my USB Stick and the bottom one has my LAN-Adapter.

Can somebody tell me what the issue is? (i never used nintendont on a wii) I couldn't find anything on google or in the starting post about this problem :/

First post, account almost 7 years old:lol:

How is your drive formatted?
As some of you may know, jamen is sending me two flash drives that don't work so I can attempt to improve compatibility. All money that gets donated to me is spent directly into further development, either towards hardware or to games (the cheapest, crappiest ones I can find).

I'd like to buy him two replacement drives, and cyber Monday is the perfect day to do it, but I'm already spending a lot of my own money on Nintendont (I've actually put a couple hundred towards homebrew development). For $20 I could get him two new 32GB drives from Amazon. If some of you guys could just donate a few bucks (or even a dollar) it would really be helpful.
Your going to attempt to fix checking fs?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dreamt today that a developer posted another update for Nintendont and the changelog said something like:
-fixed RE Zero dial door freeze and other RE freezes.

I think I am somewhat obsessed with this. :-:

Reactions: Adeka

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dreamt today that a developer posted another update for Nintendont and the changelog said something like:
-fixed RE Zero dial door freeze and other RE freezes.

I think I am somewhat obsessed with this. :-:

I'm not a big resident evil fan (I only own one on 3ds because I saw it on the clearance rack for a few bucks) but I would like to see it fixed as well. Only because of it working with Native Controls on. I think it will lead to other game fixes as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work