Hacking Nintendont

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just press the minus button to see if it fixes it

If it happens again i'll tell him to press it. What he did was save the game, press home button and then re launch the game.

Also is there any way to make it so that pressing the home button doesnt takes me to the HBC and instead takes me to nintendont menu.?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to easily determine the correct rumbles values for HID controllers?
Also, some recent revision seems to have deteriorated compatibility with the Nvidia Shield Tablet Controller. Input works, but no matter if a game is loaded from an SD card or USB drive, it loads incredibly slowly. When I use a PS3 controller, it loads at the speed it should. With the Nvidia controller, Super Mario Sunshine takes 30 seconds to get to the progressive scan question screen from boot, and hangs on a black screen after the Dolby logo until Nintendont crashes or SMS complains about a read error.

Fisher Vargas de Moraes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, Adeka, I did try to update USBLoaderGX from inside the program. I supposed it could auto update, but I was wrong!!
Now that I downloaded and installed the new version everything is fine again, thanks!!

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that nintendont doesn´t crash anymore when a WiiU drive is connected on port 0 (or lower than the main HDD port)

Can I ask how you are achieving this compatibility? I have a Y-Cable that has the USB data cable going into the TOP PORT of the Wii U console and the other USB for drawing power going into a powered USB adaptor. This allows me to use Nintendont and CFG Loader to run my games from my hard drive. I have modded this drive with U-Stealth along with the U-Stealth compatible Nintendont & CFG software versions and all is good there.

I have the other Wii U drive going into the BOTTOM PORT of the Wii U console via the powered USB hub and this allows me to have 500GB storage separately of course for Wii U games. Now when both drives are plugged in, Wii U mode ignores the U-Stealth drive and runs from the other drive correctly without issue. But when I go into vWii mode with this configuration set up, the console displays the vwii menu screen after pressing the 'A' button as usual but then immediately crashes right afterward and shuts down the console.

At one point, I could have this set up working alongside each other and the vWii would not only load correctly, but, CFG would let me run Wii games etc from the drive without issue. Nintendont at the time unfortunately would not, evidently detecting that the other drive in the BOTTOM PORT was present, even though being connected via the powered USB hub. It now sounds like this may no longer be an issue, but for some reason I can no longer get the vWii to stay on the start up screen for more than a second with both drives plugged in this way! I feel so close to having this issue finally resolved but this is just very frustrating!

Anybody any ideas as to why this may be happening, or have I maybe installed a cIOS incorrectly that may be causing this issue? If anybody has a solution or any suggestions I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks to the team for everything else thus far, amazing work from all of you!

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BARKSTAR

You still cannot have multiple drives connected when running Nintendont. Hopefully a fix will be possible at some point in the future, but for now, you cannot have both the Wii U and vWii drives connected when running Nintendont.

Reactions: BARKSTAR

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can, at least based on the idea I suggested few posts ago : connect WiiU drive to port0.
Farowe tested it and said it was working. It's only possible since v2.230 because of the way nintendont access the ports.
It's not the best solution, but it's a temporary one. You will need d2x v10-alt to support Port1 in USBLoaders, and change all your configs. if you think it's easier for you to disconnect the WiiU drive instead of changing your setup, don't re-install cIOS.

Remember, on wiiU the Port0 is at the TOP on the back of the console.

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies folks.

I would be able to test this correctly if I could get to the Nintendont app with both drives in like I used to be able to, but because of the vWii shutting the console down I cannot get that far.

Any idea what may be causing the vWii mode to just crash the system? A soon as I take out the other USB connection (Bottom Port) the vWii loads up fine?! :wacko:

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can, at least based on the idea I suggested few posts ago : connect WiiU drive to port0.
Farowe tested it and said it was working. It's only possible since v2.230 because of the way nintendont access the ports.
It's not the best solution, but it's a temporary one. You will need d2x v10-alt to support Port1 in USBLoaders, and change all your configs. if you think it's easier for you to disconnect the WiiU drive instead of changing your setup, don't re-install cIOS.

Ooh, I'll have to try that on my end once I get some free time to test things out. Right now I have vWii drive connected to the top port and a USB hub connected to the bottom port, with Wii U drive connected to that. I'll try swapping the top and bottom ports and see what happens. Thanks!

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooh, I'll have to try that on my end once I get some free time to test things out. Right now I have vWii drive connected to the top port and a USB hub connected to the bottom port, with Wii U drive connected to that. I'll try swapping the top and bottom ports and see what happens. Thanks!

Right,

Plugged in my USB adapter whilst vWii mode was already running and managed to get CFG Loader running without the vWii crashing for some reason. Tried to run Nintendont but it just crashed and gave me a stack dump. Console then reset back onto vWii menu. I then shut off the Wii U and powered it back up again but again, console just crashes immediately after showing the vWii menu. Really thought I'd found a workaround for this but seems to be to no avail at the moment. Please let me know how you get on, as you apparently have the same set up as myself!

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, vWii should have the latest IOS58 already, but i heard people still install another IOS58 over it because they think they need to for a reason.

I hope that is not the case here for you BARKSTAR AND shoemaker

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, vWii should have the latest IOS58 already, but i heard people still install another IOS58 over it because they think they need to for a reason.

I hope that is not the case here for you BARKSTAR AND shoemaker

If this is referring to IOS58 (slot) I have not tampered that at all to my knowledge. I installed the custom IOS36 and the 3 relevant IOS slots required for installation of 'd2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii', but I am sure I have not tampered with anything else. Away to try a few experiments.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, thanx, at least we can rule that out now, so, it must be something with the USB device or the cables..i am afraid i can't really help you any futher with that.

Or it is simply not (yet) possible with your setup.

Reactions: BARKSTAR

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Ok, an update and a success! Thank you Cyan for making me switch this up due to what you stated above!

I have my Wii U drive plugged into my USB hub and this now going into PORT 0 (top port) and this is being found by Wii U and loading correctly! I now also have my vWii drive with all my games plugged into the LOWER PORT via Y-Cable (data USB end into console, extra USB for power into the same hub as my Wii U HDD) and vWii no longer crashes and Nintendont worked perfectly! Over the moon!!!

This is superb and I cannot thank FIX94 enough for opening up the use of the other USB ports! The work done on this by FIX has been tremendous throughout.

I now have one small issue that I would like to resolve. CFG loader no longer finds the games and is wanting my vWii drive obviously plugged back into PORT 0 for access. How to I get around modifying this so that it looks for the LOWER PORT for the games? A solution to this would have me all up and running!

Thanks again all!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For CFG, you need to find where you set the IOS used by CFG to set to a slot with d2x beta53 and see if there's an option to mount Port1 instead of Port0, or set it to use IOS58 and it will mount Port1 by default.
I don't know CFG or Wiiflow very well, but they should have an option for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo