Hacking Nintendont

MrRom92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On that note, that button combo is awesome (and if you have the pro controller, the home button is equally awesome :P) is there a combo that actually powers off the system?

darkvam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess nintendont supports Ustealth now. I downloaded within the app and it still detected my Ustealthed hard drive :)

Lord Coolman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
your using a 16mb card that can have issues depending on the games for instance godzilla resets when you do the first fight in adventure if you use a 16mb card, just try a smaller one like 8mb or something.

lolwut
I'm using a 128MB one, third party. I've been using it since 2010, and... damn, this doesn't even make sense. It seems to be a glitch, because i can't go further in the game unless I play the whole chapter again using an earlier save.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got an idea for the loader. What do you guys think? If only I knew how to code.:cry:

Pressing 1 opens a favorites menu
pressing 2 adds/removes games to/from the favorites menu

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
FIX94:

I noticed that since your video mode update (2.150), some games don't boot correctly with video mode Auto.
I tested with Mario Kart DD PAL, on PAL wii, component480p.
video mode set to AUTO.

it works fine on r149, but since r150 there's a black screen on the Nintendo logo and 50/60hz screen selection until I select 60Hz. (If I pick 50hz it's stay on black screen and stuttering sound)

I don't change anything in the loader or settings, only the nintendont version.
it's still happening with r209/210.

I tested only when booting from USBLoaderGX, I can try when booting from hbc.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
lolwut I'm using a 128MB one, third party.
The biggest mcd size a GC game can handle in MB is 16, so 128MB would be incompatible and a bit overkill too, however 128Mb in MB is 16; it's a common mistake. Nintendont tends to be more sensitive to things like iso shrinking and mcd size, I didn't think the same would apply to physical cards but you might want to try using an emulated card with a smaller size like pedro702 said.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94:

I noticed that since your video mode update (2.150), some games don't boot correctly with video mode Auto.
video mode set to AUTO.

it works fine on r149, but since r150 there's a black screen on the Nintendo logo and 50/60hz screen selection until I select 60Hz. (If I pick 50hz it's stay on black screen and stuttering sound)

2.206 also brakes auto booting for PAL versions of both Metroid Prime games and Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike. These games now only work by forcing PAL modes. These games auto boot fine in 2.205

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94:

video mode set to AUTO.

This actually surprises me, because I only had problems with video mode auto since r206. Maybe you could try booting the games via hbc, just to make sure.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with sonic riders.

Game: Sonic Riders
Describe Issue: The game crashes after third race during the loading screen.
Region Game: NTSC U
Wii/Wii U: Wii U
Nintendont revision: v2.209
Last know working revision (if any):Compatibility list says it is working on v2.159
Loader used (if any) with revision no.: None
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD: USB HDD
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size: Toshiba,320gb, fat32
ISO 1:1/compressed: ISO 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size: McEmu
Native on/off: off
Controller used if Native off: Wii u pro controller
Composite/Component/HDMI: HDMI

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94:

video mode set to AUTO.

Missing "break;" ?
https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/kernel/Patch.c?spec=svn209&r=209#1825

Reactions: VinsCool

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess I'm using PAL60, the missing break is for MPAL.

The issue might be the way I set video modes in USBLoaderGX.
I'll test from hbc.

edit:
it works from hbc.

I guess it's because nintendont now checks other settings first (force_progressive etc.).
I'll change the way it works for next USBGX revision (probably tomorrow after few more tests).

I did some tests and it's still the same.
It's maybe the way I setup the video mode before launching nintendont. (VI_PAL, VI_EURGB60, etc.)

no, even without setting/forcing any mode, it doesn't work.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Like the new update? :D
NintendontScreenshot.png~original

Edit: I've temporarily reverted the changes until I can figure out why PAL games aren't working. You can still download it here.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad we can't have the original GameCube startup animation when Nintendont is loading the game. LOL Or maybe have a custom video that's on the SD card. I know it's wishful thinking but it would make it feel more like something Nintendo did.

Reactions: NicoCP

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad we can't have the original GameCube startup animation when Nintendont is loading the game. LOL Or maybe have a custom video that's on the SD card. I know it's wishful thinking but it would make it feel more like something Nintendo did.
Maybe we can make a single rom loader virtual console style wad. I think that would be cool.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That's not happening. Actually some of the team wasn't happy with me upgrading the UI. If you want a nicer one, you can use another loader.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Too bad we can't have the original GameCube startup animation when Nintendont is loading the game.
That would be possible. This animation is included in the gamecube's bios. It would be possible that it can be read from an ipl.bin. The big quesion is only how difficult is it to read from the ipl.bin (it's encrypted) and if its worth the time adding this purely cosmetic feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock