Hacking Nintendont

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion: Can we change the return to loader combo (R+Z+B+Down) to something different? I was trying to pull off a combo (just button mashing, really) and accidentally exited the game. Maybe something like R+Z+B+Start or something?

Reactions: flinto

cetygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
on latest version you mean 193 right?
does your hdd have some sort of sleep mode?
you should always try full isos for best compat dont shrunk them especialy if you have a 252gb hdd...

193 ye, smth like that. I just downloaded it today. I didnt notice any issues with my HDD playing Wii games. I can play 1 game for hours and something like that never happened.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
193 ye, smth like that. I just downloaded it today. I didnt notice any issues with my HDD playing Wii games. I can play 1 game for hours and something like that never happened.
my usgestion is try a full iso and be on the lookout to head if your hdd falls asleep or not.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion: Can we change the return to loader combo (R+Z+B+Down) to something different? I was trying to pull off a combo (just button mashing, really) and accidentally exited the game. Maybe something like R+Z+B+Start or something?
I've always felt that Start should be used instead of B since you don't ever use that as a combo, but if I change it now then it will confuse a lot of people.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
ive fixed a few issues by using 1:1 RAW. That would be my first port of call. Ill try and replicate the issue for you a bit later on. How long does it take to complete 3 levels? What region are you using?

t_jay17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's your issue !
You need a primary partition.
a logical/extended partition is not working with nintendont.

You confounded "primary" with "first".
USBLoaderGX message is "To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need to set your 'Main GameCube Path' on a primary partition.".

Primary is a state, not a number.
HDD partition table can hold up to 4 primary partitions.
if you need 5 partitions on the drive you need to create logical partitions inside an extended primary partition, which can hold additional 4 partitions inside it. (like sub-partitions).

example :
4 partitions:
[primary][primary][primary][primary]

or 7 partitions
[primary][primary][primary][extended : [logical][logical][logical][logical]]

What you have:
[extended : [logical]][empty][empty][empty]

what you need:
[primary][empty][empty][empty]

Thanks I'll copy everything off it and format it right and it should work.

Reactions: Cyan

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
native has nothing to do with memory card, it has been said lots of times

native is only gc ports

mcemu on emulates the memory card while mcemu off reads the real card.

The game that is giving me issues about not reading the memory crd it's F-zero GX, even with mem emu on, it says I can't create a save in-game.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always felt that Start should be used instead of B since you don't ever use that as a combo, but if I change it now then it will confuse a lot of people.
So we're stuck with it, or you'll change it later? Basically it's only needed if you use the gamecube controller and don't have a wiimote on hand. Also, I feel that home from the wiimote should work regardless of if there's something plugged in or not. Maybe another way to go would be to have users hold down the start button for 3 seconds or something.

Reactions: SuperrSonic

cetygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ive fixed a few issues by using 1:1 RAW. That would be my first port of call. Ill try and replicate the issue for you a bit later on. How long does it take to complete 3 levels? What region are you using?
2009 PAL Wii
I use latest version of Nintendont and NTSC version of the game compressed with DiscEX (-c mode) and emulated MemCard of course (that damn new Wii type).
It takes me about 20-30 mins to complete 3 levels with all loadings and cutscences.

I checked my HDD according to this guid. It do has checked 'Activate APM' option, I unchecked it, applied changes, but whenever I reattach my HDD to my computer it shows me that this option is on again. But I never had loading issues playing wii games for a long time. Now I wanna test game with original 1,36 GB iso and I will reply a little bit later.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It takes me about 20-30 mins to complete 3 levels with all loadings and cutscences.

I checked my HDD according to this guid. It do has checked 'Activate APM' option, I unchecked it, applied changes, but whenever I reattach my HDD to my computer it shows me that this option is on again. But I never had loading issues playing wii games for a long time. Now I wanna test game with original 1,36 GB iso and I will reply a little bit later.
a good way to find out if you hdd sleeps is just load a level you know it works and just leavue the game without touching anything for like 30 mins or so.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
So we're stuck with it, or you'll change it later? Basically it's only needed if you use the gamecube controller and don't have a wiimote on hand. Also, I feel that home from the wiimote should work regardless of if there's something plugged in or not. Maybe another way to go would be to have users hold down the start button for 3 seconds or something.
It's very unlikely I'll change it, but you can do so manually in your controller.ini file. Open up Windows Calculator and your ini file. Change the Calculator mode to Programmer and switch to Hex. Don't miss that last step. Add the second value for each button you want to use in your reset combo, and use the total as the second Power value.

Let's use the "controller_Mayflash_3_in_1_Magic_Joy_Box" file as an example.
Code:
[Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box]
VID=0926
PID=2526
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=1,01
B=1,02
X=1,04
Y=1,08
Z=1,40
L=1,10
R=1,20
S=1,80
Left=2,01
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,08
RightUp=2,0A
DownRight=2,06
DownLeft= 2,05
UpLeft=2,09
StickX=3,0,100
StickY=4,0,100
CStickX=5,0,100
CStickY=6,0,100
LAnalog=7
RAnalog=7
Power=1,62
Now, if we want to use R+Z+Start as the reset combo, we'll need to add 20+40+80. The sum is E0. Change "Power=1,62" to "Power=1,E0" and save. R+Z+Start will now be the reset combo.

kongsnutz You might consider adding this (or a cleaned up version) to your website.

Reactions: darkvam and flinto

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very unlikely I'll change it, but you can do so manually in your controller.ini file. Open up Windows Calculator and your ini file. Change the Calculator mode to Programmer and switch to Hex. Don't miss that last step. Add the second value for each button you want to use in your reset combo, and use the total as the second Power value.

Let's use the "controller_Mayflash_3_in_1_Magic_Joy_Box" file as an example.
Code:
[Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box]
VID=0926
PID=2526
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=1,01
B=1,02
X=1,04
Y=1,08
Z=1,40
L=1,10
R=1,20
S=1,80
Left=2,01
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,08
RightUp=2,0A
DownRight=2,06
DownLeft= 2,05
UpLeft=2,09
StickX=3,0,100
StickY=4,0,100
CStickX=5,0,100
CStickY=6,0,100
LAnalog=7
RAnalog=7
Power=1,62
Now, if we want to use R+Z+Start as the reset combo, we'll need to add 20+40+80. The sum is E0. Change "Power=1,62" to "Power=1,E0" and save. R+Z+Start will now be the reset combo.

kongsnutz You might consider adding this (or a cleaned up version) to your website.
My apologies, but it seems odd that you would let this go as is. I would find it less inconvenient to have to learn a new reset combo than to reset my game without meaning to, and to add to that inconvenience, reprogram the reset combo myself for each subsequent revision.

(Using bluetooth and gamecube controllers, btw, not HID)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know of any other game but Mega Man X Command Mission uses that for cutscene cancellation, it won't be ideal to use that!

On my chip-modded GC I remember the combination was L+R+Start to reboot the console, A+B+X+Start to restart the game, if that helps anyone!

Reactions: Drak0rex

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Wanna test sleep with a GC game? Start Sonic Adventure 2 > Last story > The cutscsne after Cannon's Core (the one with Amy and Shadow) it's a somewhat long cutscsne with no BGM with it, if the dialog starts to not-synch with the lips timing then you're HDD is the sleepy type or is about to go to sleep, some HDDs even go full speed during the cutscene characters start talking a minute after the lip motion!

Or you could you know, start a game where "pause" mutes the music, from the top of my head TMNT2 does that, pause the game and wait for a little bit then start again, if the music takes longer to start then it's sleepy!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Western Digital Blue drives are notorious sleepers which is why that are not recommended for Macs as this causes the OS to serious hang.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
My apologies, but it seems odd that you would let this go as is. I would find it less inconvenient to have to learn a new reset combo than to reset my game without meaning to, and to add to that inconvenience, reprogram the reset combo myself for each subsequent revision.

(Using bluetooth and gamecube controllers, btw, not HID)
Sorry, I assumed you were using HID. I hadn't even considered using GC ports.

I'll consider changing it. I'm not looking forward to every person who uses a GC controller thinking that the reset combo doesn't work anymore.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got another question.

Is there a way to make the sound in Baten Kaitos Origins work? Or is it just me?
In the first level the music starts for a second and then it just quits.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I assumed you were using HID. I hadn't even considered using GC ports.

I'll consider changing it. I'm not looking forward to every person who uses a GC controller thinking that the reset combo doesn't work anymore.

Or you could make it an option in the settings where you can switch between the two depending on the game so it doesn't cause an issue. Someone mentioned they were playing SSX Tricky and the reset combo is a move.

I got another question.

Is there a way to make the sound in Baten Kaitos Origins work? Or is it just me?

In the first level the music starts for a second and then it just quits.

It's a known issue.

Reactions: Bimmel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble +1