Hacking Nintendont

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just tested it. I can confirm that it doesn't work.
I just double confirmed that too.

P.s http://nintendont.net is now live and full of info for newbies.
I will continually add to it until I'm happy enough.
Thank you both for your responses.

I think I'll open up a new thread about that to leave this one clean only for Nintendont discussion and not cheat codes.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
JoostinOnline I have a small request for you. What about a splashscreen from one of the creations people made on the nintendont logo contest? It will be clean to see that instead of the dos text displayed while games are loaded from a loader :)

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
nintendont only has one version there is no such thing a a wii version lol same version is for wii and vwii on wiiu

latest is nintendont v 187
link here https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r187/trunk/nintendont/boot.dol

get that

On your wii menu just press your wii sinc button and do the same on the wiiu pro controller, the wiiu pro controller will flash for some instants and then shutdown this means it has synced

Now do as you normaly do launch a game in nintendont when the game is running just press any button on the wiiu pro controller like the A button and the controller will sinc up and be usable.

seems your not using the lastest version? i putted a link here latest is 187, it seems your using an really old rev

Also there is no such thing as a gc iso that is 1.46 GB, full GC isos are all 1.35 GB not sure where you got 1.46 gb isos lol.

Thanks man, I think I get it now. :)

If it works, I'll be happy.

I hope Nintendont will support the GameCube Controller USB Adapter for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out that mystic heroes isnt working anymore. gives an error message like gaunlet. not sure what revision it stopped working at.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline since everyone's doing it, what I really want is a better scrolling in the menu, I really hate the way it changes screens when pressed left/right, the crasser is hard to find and it takes a while to figure out which game you're on.

Reactions: KongsNutz

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
JoostinOnline since everyone's doing it, what I really want is a better scrolling in the menu, I really hate the way it changes screens when pressed left/right, the crasser is hard to find and it takes a while to figure out which game you're on.

Text changing color instead of an arrow ( the "<" ) would be better I think :P

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If work goes towards a splash screen, how about making it read an external image from sd/usb, in the apps/nin/ dir? I don't like the bootup text but I don't like splash screens either, and would much rather use a blank image instead. I still always compile nintendont with the printed text removed because I use a loader.

EDIT:
Is there any way (app) in which I can take screenshots from a Wii game to post them here as comparison? I also want to do the same with NGC games running in Nintendont for users to compare.
There is no way for an app to "capture" the signal quality; any app that supports screenshots is always just framebuffer copies and the quality is always the same. You would need a capture card.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Text changing color instead of an arrow ( the "<" ) would be better I think :P
Actually I was thinking something like when you change the page the pointer remains in the same line but the page changes, also if possible to make the pointer slightly bigger to be able to see it, but the "change text color" idea instead of making the pointer bigger works too.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So finaly I got Pokemon XD, quickly ripped it on my old wii (which collect more dust everydays) and it works great on nintendont v2.187 :D Great game overall :)

On the same report, Need for speed Hot pursuit 2... Is that me or the framerate is better in the latest version? also, the game is running in replay mode since 35 minutes now, and it still hasn't crashed :P I'm waiting it to crash.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So finaly I got Pokemon XD, quickly ripped it on my old wii (which collect more dust everydays) and it works great on nintendont v2.187 :D Great game overall :)

On the same report, Need for speed Hot pursuit 2... Is that me or the framerate is better in the latest version? also, the game is running in replay mode since 35 minutes now, and it still hasn't crashed :P I'm waiting it to crash.
Great news!
If NFS doesn't crash that often now I might even get that game again from my cousin :D

Reactions: VinsCool

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
did it ever botted before? there are some isos of it bad around the web my iso is 336mb just to see if you want some comparisons or something.

Yes it works perfectly and loads ultra fast on r.2.167. See guys, that's what i am talking about when people harp on already perfectly working games not working with new revisions, confusion is created and steps back are taken instead of forward (more new games working).

Poor kongsnutz is absolutely right, he got blasted for mentioning PSO but this is nothing compared to the periodic MKGP circle-jerk. [/rant]

P.S. Spartan Total Warrior broke since 2.174. Use 2.173 and it works flawlessly.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes it works perfectly and loads ultra fast on r.2.167. See guys, that's what i am talking about when people harp on already perfectly working games not working with new revisions, confusion is created and steps back are taken instead of forward (more new games working).

Poor kongsnutz is absolutely right, he got blasted for mentioning PSO but this is nothing compared to the periodic MKGP circle-jerk. [/rant]
CAN I HAZ MARIO KARTZ GP PLZZZZ?!?!

Lol JK.
But as stated before, it is of great importance to check all the games with newer revs so we can track down if some of them broke down the road, like GP did. And even more important to update the compatibility list with each rev.

One thing to take into consideration...
If you have one game that does not boot or has strange behavior, be sure to verify with other users by posting here first BEFORE updating the compatibility list.
If other users have confirmed so, then you can update it safely.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I get what you are saying man, but the thing is you can already use a working nintendont version for every green game in the list. It is not like you are confined to single version, is it?
OP should mention that imho. LOTS of hassle would be solved.

Anyways, i personally don't post on the compatibility list. If anyone else wants to confirm my Spartan Total Warrior feedback, he/she can update the list if he/she wishes to, in regards to later than 2.173 versions.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I get what you are saying man, but the thing is you can already use a working nintendont version for every green game in the list. It is not like you are confined to single version, is it?
OP should mention that imho. LOTS of hassle would be solved.

Anyways, i personally don't post on the compatibility list. If anyone else wants to confirm my Spartan Total Warrior feedback, he/she can update the list if he/she wishes to, in regards to later than 2.173 versions.
Yes, you are right about that.
Users are free to use another Nintendont version to play a certain game that was working before.

Although...
I cannot fully agree with that.
Of course people might hassle about the game not working anymore, but remember that the main and final purpose is to have most games functional and working with the new rev. If they broke then it should be noted in which rev it broke so the developers have an easier way to track down where and what changes broke that particular game so that certain patches or exceptions can be added for that particular game.

So users should still post in what revision did a certain game broke. Just by informing the developers should be enough.
Now if they start saying several times that... then yeah, don't be such a bothersome creature. :P

Reactions: sonictopfan

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to confirm - Is anyone else unable to access Chao racing in Sonic Adventure DX USA?

I'm not posting and posting because it's fun - I'm posting again because no one has either confirmed or denied this problem and so I don't know whether it should be updated on the compat. list...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...