Hacking Nintendont

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, all same I think it's a BBA trigger of some sort, but be careful asking about PSO on here apparently it's taboo or something haha.
Also:

Added -
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
21px-Flag_of_USA.png
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
21px-Flag_of_Europe.png

v.2.187​
Memcard = Yes​
Widescreen = Yes​
480p = Yes​
Issues: None​
Notes: These used to have sound issues but that is fixed, can't say as of what version since they weren't tested for ages but work now.​
I ain't skeered.

Reactions: KongsNutz

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please don't reply to this post since I don't want to make this thread about PSO again (or about if it's right or wrong to talk about it :P) but I promise to donate a small amount to whoever fixes PSO (since it is my fav GC game). I'll donate even more if a BBA emu ever works. I'm low on cash right now but soon it will get better so I'll donate even more when I can no mater what happens ;)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is alot of games needing to be updated in compatibility list. Some are still in pre v2.0 version of nintendont, having issues. I won't be surprised if they works properly now :)

There is even one that says r85. XD
I agree, some games need to be updated because we don't even know if they stopped working or not in any rev from than point to the current rev.

Reactions: VinsCool

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is even one that says r85. XD
I agree, some games need to be updated because we don't even know if they stopped working or not in any rev from than point to the current rev.
You missed Chronicles of Narnia Pal (R35) :D

Also, how are we treating games that need bongos, mic, gba link, etc? Are we waiting for support to be added in the official (and by that I mean the one that's always being updated) build before we give them the green light?

Reactions: VinsCool

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You missed Chronicles of Narnia Pal (R35) :D

Also, how are we treating games that need bongos, mic, gba link, etc? Are we waiting for support to be added in the official (and by that I mean the one that's always being updated) build before we give them the green light?

You have to recompile Nintendont with this one option commented out (don't remember which one) so it can use the Real GameCube Ports but this obviously won't work on Wii's without the ports and the Wii U.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to recompile Nintendont with this one option commented out (don't remember which one) so it can use the Real GameCube Ports but this obviously won't work on Wii's without the ports and the Wii U.
I know this. I was asking if we were waiting for there to be an all in one solution (option to turn it on/off) instead of two different builds

Coulda swore Big Air Freestyle was working correctly in 2.184. Can anyone confirm this? Nevermind. I tried it with 2.187 and I got a Progressive issue like before, but now it's not doing it. Random...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

PatchSI. Do you want I compile a build based on latest version?

Reactions: MassiveRican

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PatchSI. Do you want I compile a build based on latest version?

I guess that might be a good idea for people who can make use of it at least until it becomes an on/off option in Nintendont's options. Too bad that version will only work for people who have a Wii with GameCube Ports.

Compile a build in which there is an option to turn it on/off. 0_0
It doesn't work that way yet. We need 2 versions, one with it on and one with it off for now.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After further testing, it would appear that BAF randomly (and frequently) lapses back into it's anti progressive behavior. I had to launch the game several times before the issue went away.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
After further testing, it would appear that BAF randomly (and frequently) lapses back into it's anti progressive behavior. I had to launch the game several times before the issue went away.

There is many games having issues with video mode patching, so my guess is once video mode patching is corrected, all games (including Big Air Freestyle) having similar problems might be fixed.

MrRom92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it not within the realm of possibility for those ports to be accessed when the adaptor is released? May be a toughie but if the ports can be accessed at all in vwii maybe there is room for data exchange to take place

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it not within the realm of possibility for those ports to be accessed when the adaptor is released? May be a toughie but if the ports can be accessed at all in vwii maybe there is room for data exchange to take place

It all depends on how Nintendo is implementing the adapter and whether we can access it in vWii mode. Nintendo did update the vWii System Menu in Wii U update 5.2.0 but it is unknown what was changed. FIX94 said he would take a look once the adapter is released in a few weeks.

Reactions: MrRom92

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Holy sh*t!

I just went through some Wii games using vWii output set to 480i with Joostin's Settings Editor Gui, and OH GOD do the models look good!
I thought 480p would look better, but now the character models look soft and round instead of rough and somewhat pixelated due to 480p.
Even better, when I launch Nintendon't, my games STILL ask if I want to enable progressive or not, even with Force Progressive off.

The solution/workaround to be able to play Medal of Honor European Assault ended up being more possitive than I thought.
Thanks, pedrobarca for pointing me to this app.
I highly recommend this to people using Wii U and think some games do not look that good.

EDIT:
Is there any way (app) in which I can take screenshots from a Wii game to post them here as comparison?
I also want to do the same with NGC games running in Nintendont for users to compare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ... +1