Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then your rumble must work unless on the controller ini you have something setup wrong? for all i readed since i join everyone got rumble on their ps3 controllers long ago.

I am using the controller.ini for the PS3 located on the first page. Didn't change anything in it. I even checked to make the game has rumbled enabled and that option is on. I am playing Star Fox Adventures.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am using the controller.ini for the PS3 located on the first page. Didn't change anything in it. I even checked to make the game has rumbled enabled and that option is on. I am playing Star Fox Adventures.
your ini looks like this? check every value just to make sure.

[Dual Shock]
VID=054C
PID=0268
Polltype=0
DPAD=0
DigitalLR=2
Power=2,01
A=3,80
B=3,40
X=3,20
Y=3,10
Z=3,08
L=12,F0
R=13,F0
S=2,08
Left=2,80
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,10
StickX=6
StickY=7
CStickX=8
CStickY=9
LAnalog=12
RAnalog=13

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
If he is willing to go through the effort he could probably add the voices back in by making a undub version of the game.
I don't see how that's possible, if the data isn't in the game disc then he can't do much about it, you can always play the PS1 version with WiiSX though!

Reactions: cvskid

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The only way an undub version could be made if it there was a jap version with the voices included. And even then, undubbing varies from game to game, in some it's as easy as a copy paste + rename files to match ; but most others involve a lot of hacking and work that (let's be honest) wouldn't be worth the time for one single game, and isn't really related to nintendont. The app works, the game works, just blame CAPCOM.

Regarding the controllers talk, I just want people to be clear about something: We're not an anti-controllers faction nor will jump at your throat for asking about a controller. The big deal here is that you can't even compare adding support for a HID controller (no matter how old it is) to adding support for a XBOX controller that uses XInput, because it means working out a completely different protocol to make the inputs work with the app. In other projects (pc, linux) a wrapper for the drivers was needed to make it work, so IT IS a lot of unneeded work at this point; so yeah, it's pretty obvious we'll tell you to stop begging when you can get a hid controller (pc, ps3), a pro controller, a classic controller or an adapter for ps2/gamecube controllers.. i mean, isn't that a really wide range of options?

That clear i rest my case. Anyone else who has doubts about their controllers not working, feel free to ask about it.

---

One question though, do I need to hook my wii and tv with a Component cable for the widescreen and progressive patches to work? Or should I notice them working even with the original cable? I know the component cable gives much better image quality, but it's been a pain to get one around here.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does Megaman X Collection work with the games as Zelda's games do?
If they are emulated, could there be a way to extract the TGCs or isos and replace them with a Megaman X6 that does have voice in the cutscenes?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Megaman X Collection work with the games as Zelda's games do?
If they are emulated, could there be a way to extract the TGCs or isos and replace them with a Megaman X6 that does have voice in the cutscenes?

I don't know if they're emulated or simply ported, I think they're ported, they likely used an outside company to do the work for them, maybe. I didn't even know the game had missing voices until someone mentioned it. I have the PSX ISO, you'd probably have to somehow extract the sound files from that, I think.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I JUST bought a Wii U half an hour ago, I won't mod it anytime soon (though I plan on doing so eventually) but I was wondering about certain things if you guys could help me:
-Do I need a SD to be inserted?
-Can I use my 3DS charger for my Gamepad?
-Is there a way to transfer my Mii from my 3DS to my Wii U?
-Can I play on a AVTV?

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I JUST bought a Wii U half an hour ago, I won't mod it anytime soon (though I plan on doing so eventually) but I was wondering about certain things if you guys could help me:
-Do I need a SD to be inserted?
-Can I use my 3DS charger for my Gamepad?
-Is there a way to transfer my Mii from my 3DS to my Wii U?
-Can I play on a AVTV?
1) For homebrew stuff, yes.
2) No.
3) Yes, you'll be prompted when you create your account. There'll be a transfer from 3ds option.'
4) I actually haven't tried. o.0

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
1) For homebrew stuff, yes.
2) No.
3) Yes, you'll be prompted when you create your account. There'll be a transfer from 3ds option.'
4) I actually haven't tried. o.0
Thanks for the quick reply, since I'm not gonna use homebrew anytime soon I guess I won't need it? I'm planning to download demos and dlc stuff, as for the avtv I only have that and I hope it works, the guy at the store told me I can use my regular Wii av cable and I hope he's right, sadly I won't be able to test it till tomorrow morning, oh well!

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply, since I'm not gonna use homebrew anytime soon I guess I won't need it? I'm planning to download demos and dlc stuff, as for the avtv I only have that and I hope it works, the guy at the store told me I can use my regular Wii av cable and I hope he's right, sadly I won't be able to test it till tomorrow morning, oh well!
Good luck!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I don't think an AVTV connection might be an issue. If you had the connection for your regular Wii, the Wii U has the same connection for composite cables on the back of the console. Also, the Wii U comes with a HDMI cable along with it, which you might be able to use.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys thanks for the answers. I did not know that Capcom had cut the voices in megaman x6 inside the megaman x collection.

I thought it was a bug because there's no voice nor background music during the cut scenes (When X meets Zero there should be
a cheerful background music as well besides the japanese voices....)

But It doesnt matter... I was just curious... Thank you!

Reactions: kupo3000

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One question though, do I need to hook my wii and tv with a Component cable for the widescreen and progressive patches to work? Or should I notice them working even with the original cable? I know the component cable gives much better image quality, but it's been a pain to get one around here.

Neither composite nor svideo have enough power for a progressive signal so you will need component on wii/hdmi on wiiu for that. Widescreen is just something which gets patched ingame so there it doesnt matter which cable you use. I dont know what you currently use but I have my wii connected to my pc via svideo and my picture isnt really too terrible to be honest.

Reactions: faku1810

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then my guess is wait for someone with a dualshock3 to say if rumble works for them i only have 2 syaxys so i cant say or deny if rumble for the ps3 controller is working or not on the latest revs.

What version of Nintendont are you using? I had rumble working on my DS3 at one point but I think when BT was added it stopped working.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping to be back testing Nintendont tonight after my HDD format! Got Gamecube back up, got all my Wii games back. And I love my past self, I made a backup of my emuNAND save data on 0715/14 :)

I wish I would have backed up my Gamecube saves but it's not a big deal, makes me have to play those great games again ;) I think I have my Super Mario Sunshine gci file from when I moved it a few months ago from GC mem card to Nintendont format.

Between Nintendont and Dios Mios, we should have damn near 100% compatibility. I might start working on a list to help determine what loader/settings for each game.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He's correct, but prepare to be disappointed with the quality and i don't mean the pixel quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: