FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
new version, needs some testing:
-added a new ARStartDMA patch which hooks itself into the original nintendo code instead of completely replacing it, this patch will be used by burnout 2, viewtiful joe, animal crossing and megaman x command mission
Also I tested all the other games on the exception lists with this and it didnt help any so yea, this is the max I got so far out of it, see how well it works.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, i do to work gamecube on my wii. I have done my own controller.ini , for this gamepad Xeox Pro Analog Gamepad (Speed Ling) - Usb.
Sometimes when i start nintendont it is get and error saying something like put controller on TOP usb... but i fix it, restarting and trying again.

If someone can modify to properly add to the list of oficial gamepad controllers,
it will be usefful i think.

Before we add it can you check some of your settings.
You have the booth the dpad and the Stick mapped to the same offset. somethinfg is probably mapped wrong.
DigitalLR=1 and values for AnalogL AnalogR probably means the analog triggers are working as digital.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started burnout 2 at 11:50 :P Lets see how long it will work before crashing :)

Now since Nintendont uses Classic Controllers, Wii remotes, etc, and since I wish to continue to use Gamecube controllers, is there anything I need to do when updating the version to 2.166? Aside from deleting the config file? Let me know how it goes ^_^

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Now since Nintendont uses Classic Controllers, Wii remotes, etc, and since I wish to continue to use Gamecube controllers, is there anything I need to do when updating the version to 2.166? Aside from deleting the config file? Let me know how it goes ^_^

nope, use the gamecube controller :) just be sure to turn off the wiimote.

Reactions: the_randomizer

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent, thank goodness I can boot up the Wii with the Gamecube controller only :P Let me know how game testing goes, and I noticed Sonic Adventure DX works properly now :D

still in burnout 2, finished 2 championship races, and no problem so far :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still in burnout 2, finished 2 championship races, and no problem so far :)

I'll be damned, I think an hour or so of testing any given game, doing random things, spamming the opening/closing of menus, is another good way for me to test, still, it's looking good :P Oh and 11,000, heh.

Reactions: VinsCool

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much do I donate to get native 360 controller support? Maybe this option should be considered as almost everyone in the world has a 360 controller.

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much do I donate to get native 360 controller support? Maybe this option should be considered as almost everyone in the world has a 360 controller. FIX can get some really good donations from desperate players :D

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Good new! played Burnout 2 for over an hour now, and still, the game hasn't crashed ! :D Excellent!

Personally, i get a crash in the same point as any other version: try Championship mode--> select the very first cup--> complete the first 2 races of this cup-->while loading the third and final race of this cup, i get a freeze (info: full NTSC iso, Wii PAL 4.3, MC on, size=251, video: force PAL 60).

Can you verify the above yourself too to see if you get a freeze at that same place?

Fortunately, i had beaten the game 100% in DM and transfered the complete savegame to my nintendont save file. So now, i only play single race mode for my favorite courses & vehicles or Crash mode or multiplayer. Doing that, i never get a freeze. And with rev 2.166, we now have music in game as well!

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, i get a crash in the same point as any other version: try Championship mode--> select the very first cup--> complete the first 2 races of this cup-->while loading the third and final racer of the cup, i get a freeze (info: full NTSC iso, Wii PAL 4.3, MC on, size=251, video: force PAL 60).

Can you try this yourself too?

Fortunately, i had beaten the game 100% in DM and transfered the savegame to my nintendont save file. So i only play single race mode for my favorite courses & vehicles or Crash mode or multiplayer. Doing that, i never get a freeze. And with rev 2.166, we now have music in game as well!

The exact first thing I did :) No crash occured. Using a WiiU, with full ntsc rip made from my disc, loaded from usb loader gx, mcemu to individual, force progressive, ntsc 480P.

Reactions: nakata6790

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, i get a crash in the same point as any other version: try Championship mode--> select the very first cup--> complete the first 2 races of this cup-->while loading the third and final race of this cup, i get a freeze (info: full NTSC iso, Wii PAL 4.3, MC on, size=251, video: force PAL 60).

Can you verify the above yourself too to see if you get a freeze at that same place?

Fortunately, i had beaten the game 100% in DM and transfered the complete savegame to my nintendont save file. So now, i only play single race mode for my favorite courses & vehicles or Crash mode or multiplayer. Doing that, i never get a freeze. And with rev 2.166, we now have music in game as well!

You sure it's a clean and verified dump from Redump.org? If it is..then....

How much do I donate to get native 360 controller support? Maybe this option should be considered as almost everyone in the world has a 360 controller.

The 360 isn't HID, it's Xinput, which is pretty much impossible to implement on the Wii/Wii U.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Did you try the first cup? I can complete other cups just fine, it is this one that freezes when loading its' 3rd and final race

yes the first one, which has 3 races on it :) If you want I could retry right now :) I'm still in the game hahaha :P

Pacific Gate Grand Prix, right? just to be sure.

Reactions: nakata6790

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You sure it's a clean and verified dump from Redump.org? If it is..then....

then what? It could very well be a mistake in my part, if others get no freeze in that exact spot (loading 3rd race in 1st cup).
Btw, don't get me wrong, but why don't you also try the game yourself instead of finishing the post on a cliffhanger?
I mean you asked for a B2 fix so many times, can't you also try the latest fix yourself?

yes the first one, which has 3 races on it :) If you want I could retry right now :) I'm still in the game hahaha :P

Pacific Gate Grand Prix, right? just to be sure.

Yep, that one :). Freeze occurs when loading Palm Bay Heights (3rd race)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E