Hacking Nintendont

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone knows why sometimes I get SD init error when booting nintendont?

Here's what happens:

Same game always so that I can get consistent results.

Let's say I boot it up and start SMS , it works, I play, all is fine, I reset nintendont with the controller button, I try to boot the same game a lot of times I'll get that error, I'll get it with any game I try to boot. I always try with SMS because I know this one works so I try an eliminate compatibility issues. Try a different game same issue.

What seems to fix it is going into settings and just toggling something on/off or vice versa (kind of like making the ini re-write) the chose game and it boots again until the next time I get SD init error.

Here are details of my setup.

Nintendont ver: 2.151
SD: 16GB 32k
System: WiiU
Games located on SD.

If anyone needs more info for troubleshooting or knows why this is happening please let me know.

Thanks,

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone knows why sometimes I get SD init error when booting nintendont?

Here's what happens:

Same game always so that I can get consistent results.

Let's say I boot it up and start SMS , it works, I play, all is fine, I reset nintendont with the controller button, I try to boot the same game a lot of times I'll get that error, I'll get it with any game I try to boot. I always try with SMS because I know this one works so I try an eliminate compatibility issues. Try a different game same issue.

What seems to fix it is going into settings and just toggling something on/off or vice versa (kind of like making the ini re-write) the chose game and it boots again until the next time I get SD init error.

Here are details of my setup.

Nintendont ver: 2.151
SD: 16GB 32k
System: WiiU
Games located on SD.

If anyone needs more info for troubleshooting or knows why this is happening please let me know.

Thanks,
Next time it gives you the error try unplugging the wiiu form the power. wait 10 seconds. plug it back in . retest.

If that dosent work. make a copy of a working nincfg.bin. when you get the error instead of changing an option. rename the bad nincfg.bin. copy the good one in place of the bad one. retest. If you find one file it works with and another it dosent send copies of booth files.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
setting maxpads to 0 is not working with the current autoboot method.
you said it was better to not allow it, but now it would be useful.
Maybe you could edit the main.dol again?

Sorry, last time I didn't commit it myself.
I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to allow old cfg version or not. (in my opinion, we should. but users should also use updated loaders)

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
setting maxpads to 0 is not working with the current autoboot method.
you said it was better to not allow it, but now it would be useful.
Maybe you could edit the main.dol again?

Sorry, last time I didn't commit it myself.
I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to allow old cfg version or not. (in my opinion, we should. but users should also use updated loaders)
Yes, that is true, if I set to 0, the autoboot doesn't work. But well, i can play multiplayer :)

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Next time it gives you the error try unplugging the wiiu form the power. wait 10 seconds. plug it back in . retest.

If that dosent work. make a copy of a working nincfg.bin. when you get the error instead of changing an option. rename the bad nincfg.bin. copy the good one in place of the bad one. retest. If you find one file it works with and another it dosent send copies of booth files.

Hey Howard thanks for the prompt reply, quick question, after I get SD init error the system reboots itself and goes to the regular wiiu screen at which point do you want me to unplug the power? While it's on? Or turn it off with remote then unplug the power for 10 secs?

For the bin file, to make sure it's a working one, do I pull the plug while in a gamecube game? Will that corrupt it? How can I ensure its a working one?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Howard thanks for the prompt reply, quick question, after I get SD init error the system reboots itself and goes to the regular wiiu screen at which point do you want me to unplug the power? While it's on? Or turn it off with remote then unplug the power for 10 secs?

For the bin file, to make sure it's a working one, do I pull the plug while in a gamecube game? Will that corrupt it? How can I ensure its a working one?

Turning it off at the menu before pulling the power will not make any differance. What ever you want.

The best way to make sure you have a working one is to make the backup befoue you know if it will work.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok so I got all the way up to the 5th Crystal Star in Paper Mario TTYD using Nintendont, and I haven't got any issue so far.
The game has been working flawlessly up to this point.

Why am I saying this?
Well...
I got tired of it. XD

I won't be coming back to that game in a while, and I owe it all thanks to Golden Sun Dark Dawn, that damn game just got me enchanted from the start.
So I will give Paper Mario a rest for quite sometime.
I will try to find which will be the upcoming game to try to beat in Nintendont.

Can anyone tell me what are the bonus features (additional stuff) or differences between the original and the Metal Gear Solid remake, Twin Snakes?

Reactions: the_randomizer

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have this ongoing problem. Some games in Nintendon't freeze for me. Examples are Melee and Budokai 2. Melee when just going in to a new mode or event and DBZ Budokai 2 randomly in Dragon World. Someone on here said that I had bad iso's but when I used CleanRip to get Melee it still froze. Dios Mios doesn't freeze my games, but on some games it has frame rate issues. Any help? I'm on a Wii.

Try a different drive or change your cluster size to make your current drive faster

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I got all the way up to the 5th Crystal Star in Paper Mario TTYD using Nintendont, and I haven't got any issue so far.
The game has been working flawlessly up to this point.

Why am I saying this?
Well...
I got tired of it. XD

I won't be coming back to that game in a while, and I owe it all thanks to Golden Sun Dark Dawn, that damn game just got me enchanted from the start.
So I will give Paper Mario a rest for quite sometime.
I will try to find which will be the upcoming game to try to beat in Nintendont.

Can anyone tell me what are the bonus features (additional stuff) or differences between the original and the Metal Gear Solid remake, Twin Snakes?
I love Paper Mario TTYD, I think it's the best in the series, haven't played the 3DS version yet, which is ironic as I bought it long ago I just never got around unwrapping it ^^;

Reactions: _47iscool

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love Paper Mario TTYD, I think it's the best in the series, haven't played the 3DS version yet, which is ironic as I bought it long ago I just never got around unwrapping it ^^;

I'm playing the 3ds version atm :P I had it since release date and I never even tried it. Everybody told me it sucked compared to the others so I had no expectations and I'm having a lot of fun with it!! It's not TTYD, but it's really fun in its own way.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing the 3ds version atm :P I had it since release date and I never even tried it. Everybody told me it sucked compared to the others so I had no expectations and I'm having a lot of fun with it!! It's not TTYD, but it's really fun in its own way.
I bought mine like a year ago but I haven't played it yet!

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2.152 is up

-Fixed auto boot from some loaders when maxpads is set to 0
-Fixed PS4 controller.ini digital triggers
-Fixed JPN and non JPN saves trying to use the same multi save file. If you were saving JPN saves in a multi save file you need to rename ninmem.raw to ninmemj.raw when upgrading to this version. (Thanks Airline38)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
v2.152 is up

-Fixed JPN and non JPN saves trying to use the same multi save file. If you were saving JPN saves in a multi save file you need to rename ninmem.raw to ninmemj.raw when upgrading to this version. (Thanks Airline38)
works great,
now all my games are on just 2 memory card files and the Japs file is just 512kb :)

Reactions: bm123456

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
v2.152 is up

Awesome, now if only the swap disc gets fixed I'd use only one save for my games, any news about Billy Hatcher fix?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but I am very picky when it comes to RPGs, I don't have the same patience nor interest for RPGs since some years ago, and I think it is because I am more inclined to other genres.

Anyway, I am still seeing what other game can I complete from my library with Nintendont.
I have Army Men Sarge's War, both Pokemon and the Medal of Honor games in hiatus when they become fully compatible, and I have Sonic Gems waiting too.

That pretty much leaves me with Megaman X Collection and MGS... And I'm still a little sick of Megaman thanks to Anniversary C. XD

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but I am very picky when it comes to RPGs, I don't have the same patience nor interest for RPGs since some years ago, and I think it is because I am more inclined to other genres.

Anyway, I am still seeing what other game can I complete from my library with Nintendont.
I have Army Men Sarge's War, both Pokemon and the Medal of Honor games in hiatus when they become fully compatible, and I have Sonic Gems waiting too.

That pretty much leaves me with Megaman X Collection and MGS... And I'm still a little sick of Megaman thanks to Anniversary C. XD

A little off-topic:
I wanted a Paper Mario U... I love Paper Mario and I don't have a 3DS to play Stcker Star....

On-topic:
Now we have to wait to having the others games like Sonic Adventure 1 working, but Nintendont have other priorities, anyway, the current developement of Nintendont is quick for me.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A little off-topic:
I wanted a Paper Mario U... I love Paper Mario and I don't have a 3DS to play Stcker Star....

On-topic:
Now we have to wait to having the others games like Sonic Adventure 1 working, but Nintendont have other priorities, anyway, the current developement of Nintendont is quick for me.

It's still too early for more First Party announcements from Nintendo.
Besides, don 't forget that we are just 2 weeks away from the TGS 2014, which might shed some light on some upcoming games and new announcements!

On topic:
I don't know why I never liked SA1, I am more of a SA2 and the way it overhauled everything in several aspects. Most importantly the Chao Gardens, since I highly dislike the Chao Gardens in SA1.
Anyway, I think I'll be going for Metal Gear Solid for my next walkthrough in Nintendon't, I just hope that such game doesn't have that many collectibles in game for a 100%.

Reactions: _47iscool

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's still too early for more First Party announcements from Nintendo.
Besides, don 't forget that we are just 2 weeks away from the TGS 2014, which might shed some light on some upcoming games and new announcements!

On topic:
I don't know why I never liked SA1, I am more of a SA2 and the way it overhauled everything in several aspects. Most importantly the Chao Gardens, since I highly dislike the Chao Gardens in SA1.
Anyway, I think I'll be going for Metal Gear Solid for my next walkthrough in Nintendon't, I just hope that such game doesn't have that many collectibles in game for a 100%.

I think you need two playthroughs to get every possible item in the game. At least it was that way in the PSX version, haven't given myself time to play this one yet :P

Have you tried disk swap recently? The person that origonally reported the issue on the google code page said he retested in v2.151 and it was fixed.

I just went to check the issue you mentioned and it seems to be a different scenario from what sonictopfan is talking about. Apparently, using MC set to Multi would break disc swapping for him, i'll test it now just in case.

Edit: Okay, i tried using loadergx, changing Tales of Symphonia settings to MC Multi and loading disc 2. After formatting the new memory card and choosing new game, it asks for the disc 1 and gets stuck on Checking Game Disc. And I couldn't use Select to go back to the loader either, so i guess nintendont itself freezes. Using Individual MC it works as expected.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think you need two playthroughs to get every possible item in the game. At least it was that way in the PSX version, haven't given myself time to play this one yet :P

I just went to check the issue you mentioned and it seems to be a different scenario from what sonictopfan is talking about. Apparently, using MC set to Multi would break disc swapping for him, i'll test it now just in case.

Edit: Okay, i tried using loadergx, changing Tales of Symphonia settings to MC Multi and loading disc 2. After formatting the new memory card and choosing new game, it asks for the disc 1 and gets stuck on Checking Game Disc. And I couldn't use Select to go back to the loader either, so i guess nintendont itself freezes. Using Individual MC it works as expected.

Yeah, his problem is related to using MC Multi feature along with disc swapping, and that is what is causing the problem since using individual saves has no issues with disc swapping.

Let us know what happens on your end!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F