Hacking Nintendont

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me guys, can you please tell me if anyone has my same problem in Ikaruga? (freeze after press begin or practice, with no audio)?

PAL or NTSC? which nintendont build are you using? 1:1 backup or shrunked?
providing some details will make it easier for us to help you.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checking FS is an error on your end. It means the drive your games are on is not formatted correctly

But what is correct then? Nobody says that. Does the formatter built into Windows 8 not work? Because I formatted as FAT32, and that guy probably did too, and it still doesn't work.

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if it's a issue with USBLoaderGX or Nintendont but I'm having trouble with the following games
  • Star Fox Adventures: Loads menu fine but after starting a new game it goes to a black screen
  • Ikaruga: Loads menu fine but freezes after selecting a game and it makes a weird continuous sound till I power off the Wii
  • Wave Racer Blue Storm: Black screen straight away
Also in the settings I've turned Memory Card Emulation and Auto Boot to "On", but it doesn't detect any memory cards and it doesn't load the game automatically like DML does (which I still have installed).

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if it's a issue with USBLoaderGX or Nintendont but I'm having trouble with the following games
  • Star Fox Adventures: Loads menu fine but after starting a new game it goes to a black screen
  • Ikaruga: Loads menu fine but freezes after selecting a game and it makes a weird continuous sound till I power off the Wii
Also in the settings I've turned Memory Card Emulation and Auto Boot to "On", but it doesn't detect any memory cards and it doesn't load the game automatically like DML does (which I still have installed).
Memory Card emulation on Nintendont is different than the one in DML

MattDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PAL or NTSC? which nintendont build are you using? 1:1 backup or shrunked?
providing some details will make it easier for us to help you.
Oh excuse me, you are right. Is the NTSC version shrunked with nintendont 2.145 (i'm not sure, but is the second-last). However is the same bug that TheBroCode reported!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's important that issues are correctly documented so that the developers know about them. That doesn't necessarily mean that they should be fixed any time soon - game-breaking bugs should quite rightly take priority, as well as those that the developers themselves want to tackle. But at the same time, it is important that the compatibility list is as comprehensive as possible so that problems may possibly be fixed eventually.

If that means the entire list is orange instead of green, so be it in my opinion.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about we change the compatability list to 4 catagories as follows

Status - This column is for the compatibility of the game with a uncompressed (1.35 GB) 1:1 disc image dump.
Progressive, wide screen and memory card emulation turned off.
"Works" if the game is 98-100% compatible.
"Minor Issues" if the game can be played 100% through to the end. it may occasionally freeze, have minor graphical glitches, minor sound issues, intro or cutscene problems but the game is still playable.
"Major Issues" if the game starts to play but can not be played though to the end. It may frequently freeze, have sounds you would have to mute, plays to fast or graphical glitches that you could not play through but the gameplay could be started.
"Doesn't work" if it freezes at the same point every time or fails to boot at all.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you probably have shrunken isos , use full 1.35 gb isos and try again.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh excuse me, you are right. Is the NTSC version shrunked with nintendont 2.145 (i'm not sure, but is the second-last).
do a hash check of your full iso (not shrunked!) with Hash Calculator or a similar program and check from the link below if results are matching:
http://redump.org/disc/4993/

you have to check out the CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1 results.if not matching, then you have to get a backup from another disc.
i don't know how you got the shrunked version, but most of the sharing places have ripped gamecube games. (e.g. music or videos taken out).
this might be the reason you are hearing no in-game audio.
i can play NTSC release of Ikaruga with music. shrunked version is working with audio too.
so i'm pretty sure the source of your problem is the shrunked rip you have.
and update nintendont to latest build (v2.149) before trying out again. let us know what happens then :)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
actually ninmem.raw file is used for multisaves it can be created by nintendont itself
I recommend 1024 blocks i.e. 8 mb or more if you have lots of games and use single files for Jap titles
also this can be edited in dolphin to add/remove saves
Thanks man but... this is totally irrelevant, I already know all that and I do it fine but he sent me his save data for Resident Evil and I couldn't install it for it being a bin file, that's all, anyway thanks for the help!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks man but... this is totally irrelevant, I already know all that and I do it fine but he sent me his save data for Resident Evil and I couldn't install it for it being a bin file, that's all, anyway thanks for the help!

Were you able to inject the CV save into your raw file without problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol