Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I sit for like 10 hours today now on figuring out a game which havent got controls, it is just hard and takes ages.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sit for like 10 hours today now on figuring out a game which havent got controls, it is just hard and takes ages.

Compatibility list. They are noted in the notes.

I'll edit this post with the list

Edit:

Burnout 2
Need for speed hot pursuit 2
Pokemon XD
Pokemon colosseum
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Super Mario Strikers
Mario Power Tennis

I have tested those all myself with the exception of rayman. Probably more but that's what I found when scrolling.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paper Mario RPG (Paper Mario 2)
DSP: ??
Shrunk: Does not work
Size: 1.35GB
Emu Memory Card: Works 100%
Widescreen: N/A
480P: N/A
Crashes: Curtain falls and crashes.
Rev: Current

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

???
Why are you posting this?

Oh, and Adeka. How do you force 480p? I assumed it was just forced progressive off in options, but now i'm not so sure...

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It will be fixed eventually. At least it boots.

???
Why are you posting this?

Oh, and Adeka. How do you force 480p? I assumed it was just forced progressive off in options, but now i'm not so sure...

Paper Mario is one of those big gamecube games. People just want it fixed so people post about it often. Same deal with Melee before they fixed it.

forced progressive on. Some games may not boot.

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Compatibility list. They are noted in the notes.

I'll edit this post with the list

Edit:

Burnout 2
Need for speed hot pursuit 2
Pokemon XD
Pokemon colosseum
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Super Mario Strikers
Mario Power Tennis

I have tested those all myself with the exception of rayman. Probably more but that's what I found when scrolling.

I dont think he meant he was sifting through games, trying to figure out which games have control probelms and which dont. I think he meant he sat for ten hours and tried to get ONE of those many games to work today, to no avail and then you blasted him with a list of OTHER games that do the same thing, ha. Oh wells...

edit: GOOD LUCK, FIX!!! WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paper Mario is one of those big gamecube games. People just want it fixed so people post about it often. Same deal with Melee before they fixed it.

forced progressive on. Some games may not boot.

Uggggh. The smash bros fools were annoying as hell, and Im fairly reasonable online. I hope the devs are fairly well trained at tuning that kinda static out, otherwise it would really cheese me off, especially if english wasn't my first language. I imagine it would sometimes be grating to go on this thread as a dev, trying to read people's user reviews of the newest rendition and all I see is nonsensical amounts of posts about how smash bros wont boot when they've known that for a looooooong time.

At least Paper Mario seems like an easy fix. I thought we wouldve seen that fixed before smash tho, so who knows.

Reactions: Etheboss

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uggggh. The smash bros fools were annoying as hell, and Im fairly reasonable online. I hope the devs are fairly well trained at tuning that kinda static out, otherwise it would really cheese me off, especially if english wasn't my first language. I imagine it would sometimes be grating to go on this thread as a dev, trying to read people's user reviews of the newest rendition and all I see is nonsensical amounts of posts about how smash bros wont boot when they've known that for a looooooong time.

At least Paper Mario seems like an easy fix. I thought we wouldve seen that fixed before smash tho, so who knows.

That's why I don't request games to be fixed. It annoys the devs. Let them do whatever they want in the order they want. I think the Melee fix was a mere coincidence though.

Every game fixed regardless of which one is advancement in this amazing project.

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: It seems like somehow, people got analog working with the L and R triggers for the ps3 controllers. How did you do this? Did someone cook up a new ps3 controller ini?
As is, at least for me, Super Mario Sunshine still has the problem with not being able to run while using the FLUDD cannon.

Also, since i dont have the US version, only the PAL, could someone tell me if Resident Evil 4 NTSC still has that bug where it freezes if you try to go to any menu? The compatibility list doesnt mention it, but the PAL version still has the bug. Just wondering.

epicboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get a usb 3.0. Will it be faster on the Wii? And I know this is a crazier question, but will the loading Times decrease on Ps2 playing from it?

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Wii. I know that the Wii has usb 2.0 ports and the Ps2 uses usb 1.4 I believe. But it won't make a difference in loading Times?

It will make no difference. Only on usb 3.0 will it utilize the bandwidth. The load times on nintendont, aside from select games (twilight princess is the only one that comes to mind) isn't that bad anyways.
PS2 USB, on the other hand, is damn near unusable. All cutscenes stutter. Most games wont load. If you have a fat ps2, get an internal hdd if you can or if you cant or have a slim ps2, use esr loader. Both are FAR better alternatives to using the ps2 usb.

epicboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will make no difference. Only on usb 3.0 will it utilize the bandwidth. The load times on nintendont, aside from select games (twilight princess is the only one that comes to mind) isn't that bad anyways.
PS2 USB, on the other hand, is damn near unusable. All cutscenes stutter. Most games wont load. If you have a fat ps2, get an internal hdd if you can or if you cant or have a slim ps2, use esr loader. Both are FAR better alternatives to using the ps2 usb.

So I should stick with a usb 2.0. Any specific brand I should get?

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should stick with a usb 2.0. Any specific brand I should get?

Well, USB 3.0 is more future proof but for your needs here, 2.0 will be fine. I honestly cant recommend a hdd other than the one I use.

http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Desktop-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B002QEBMCI/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1398723807&sr=8-10&keywords=2tb hard drive external

Works for everything that uses USB on the Wii U.
The price fluctuates. Right now, it's $119 apparently but I bought mine for $85 off of amazon like a year and a half ago.

EDIT: Also, if you ever plan on using the hdd on a wii u and it draws energy from the usb instead of a cable, you should also pick up something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/OEM-UTStarcom...F8&qid=1398724059&sr=1-1&keywords=usb+y+cable

and a usb extension cable.

HolmesNumba187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if anyone is having problems with their Mayflash 3 in 1....just got mine today and the games boot up as usual but the controller is not recognized. I have a WiiU and have only been able to try the front usb port as my hard drive is connected by the y-cable. Trying to use with original wavebird controller

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if anyone is having problems with their Mayflash 3 in 1....just got mine today and the games boot up as usual but the controller is not recognized. I have a WiiU and have only been able to try the front usb port as my hard drive is connected by the y-cable. Trying to use with original wavebird controller

Loading games from usb or sd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1