Hacking Nintendont

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
It's renamed controller.ini, the hdd and controller are plugged into the proper ports. I did press the PS button prior. (Though doing so kept turning on the PS4, and when I unplugged that, the lights didn't turn on when I hit the button.)
So I'm sure I'm doing something incredibly wrong here. -.-
I'm sure it's not something incredibly wrong lol, I can try to finally test this out, I'll have some time over the weekend to see if I have issues with a Ps4 controller, and since I have a PS3 controller as well I can compare to see if the PS4 remote is problematic.

Neways don't give up, did u go back to the basics and try to use HIDTest with your PS4 remote to see if it's recognized? If it's recognized it might be best to write up your own controller.ini config, or it might be some small detail we're missing or finally you might just have to try a different remote. Sorry hun, Let us know how it goes for u.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and instructions are included on the Nintendont Google Code page.

I'm still getting the ahb access error when attempting to load nintendont directly from HBC. My setup is apps/nintendont. I have the latest boot.dol file, latest icon.png and latest meta.xml (with <ahb_access/> included). Is there anything else I can do to correct this error?

Also my IOS is 58 v24.32

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you rename the file to "controller.ini" and it is on your root of your sd or usb ..
did you press the "PS" button prior, what port is the usb cable plugged into the back?
*your hdd goes in the TOP BACK port on the wiiU*

*your HID compatible controller goes in the BOTTOM BACK port on the wiiU
And when you have a Y-cable on WiiU, the bottom back port is already in use (sure you can now disconnect it, the drive's motor is already started and you don't need the Y anymore, but it's easier to not plug/unplug it every time).

Just plug your HID in the front USB, I tested with PS3 controller and it's working fine.
Just be sure to plug it before running nintendont! (or it will freeze on "please connect HID" message).

Fix94:
thanks for the new GameID setting fixing autoboot :)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm still getting the ahb access error when attempting to load nintendont directly from HBC. My setup is apps/nintendont. I have the latest boot.dol file, latest icon.png and latest meta.xml (with <ahb_access/> included). Is there anything else I can do to correct this error?

Also my IOS is 58 v24.32
There is still the possibility that the IOS58 you use is patched, please check it with SYSCHECK, that homebrew program should tell you if it is.
If that is the case then replace it with an unpatched IOS58

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, it's related to output log (the one created on your SD or USB), when compiled with DEBUG defined.

The "debug/debug wait" in the setting menu is used to connect the game to WiiRd debugger to create cheatcodes.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What is the cheapest adapter to play on Wii U? (I have a non-official PS2 controller, GC controller and the Wii U Pro/ CC Wii)

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is still the possibility that the IOS58 you use is patched, please check it with SYSCHECK, that homebrew program should tell you if it is.
If that is the case then replace it with an unpatched IOS58

Results:

IOS58 (rev 6176)
Hollywood v0x21
Boot2 v4

Is this a patched version?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Results:

IOS58 (rev 6176)
Hollywood v0x21
Boot2 v4

Is this a patched version?
If it is patched you should see something like > IOS58 (rev 6176): NAND Access

If not, it should display > IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches

If Nothing displays after the IOS, you might be using an old syscheck.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And when you have a Y-cable on WiiU, the bottom back port is already in use (sure you can now disconnect it, the drive's motor is already started and you don't need the Y anymore, but it's easier to not plug/unplug it every time).

Just plug your HID in the front USB, I tested with PS3 controller and it's working fine.
Just be sure to plug it before running nintendont! (or it will freeze on "please connect HID" message).

Fix94:

Wait, so that means that we are able to connect the USB/HID controller in the front ports now in Nintendon't?
Because I have a HDD with a Y-Cable connected in both the back ports, and I only have the 2 front ports available.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fix94:

What? I thought that the front USB port wasn't working for controllers, at least, I was lead to believe that when I was looking at the feature requests on the app's Google Code page :P If that's the case, I can use my USB HDD after all without getting a USB extension cable.

Wait, so that means that we are able to connect the USB/HID controller in the front ports now in Nintendon't?

Because I have a HDD with a Y-Cable connected in both the back ports, and I only have the 2 front ports available.

Hey, we're in the same boat! :D I'd love to have this confirmed as well, this would make it a lot easier for those that have such cables ;) If that's the case, shouldn't this be made known?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, you can trust me, I'm playing games with PS3 controller connected on the front USB port.
I tested only the one near SD card slot, but I'm sure the other one works too.
Like I said, be sure to connect it before launching nintendont, or it will freeze (endless loop checking for controller).

I can't test other controllers, I have only PS3 which is HID compliant.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can trust me, I'm playing games with PS3 controller connected on the front USB port.
I tested only the one near SD card slot, but I'm sure the other one works too.
Like I said, be sure to connect it before launching nintendont, or it will freeze (endless loop checking for controller).

I can't test other controllers, I have only PS3 which is HID compliant.

Not trying to doubt anyone ;), I was just under the impression that OverJoy only mentioned that it could be done in passing, but that such a feature wasn't implemented, I'd say it was nearly a month ago when he told me on Google Code. This sounds like it was implemented rather recently though, so I no longer need to buy the Y-cable extender :P Thanks for heads up! :D Do you know if Nintendont has a reset button combination (like a Gamecube) so it's easier to return to the game selection?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag