Hacking Nintendont

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very little of our discussion goes on here. It's in a private conversation.
If I'm missing any information where you, greyrogue, or fix have attempted to up compatibility with games that didnt work before the jump to usb, I'd love to know but according to the source page, the only fixes ive seen were to controller settings and to improve memory card emulation. Am I wrong? You didnt really say, moreso than make an offhand comment about me making assumptions and to go back and look at the changes...which i already had or i wouldnt have posted in the first place.
*confused*
Memory card emulation IS compatibility. It's the only way to save games. If it crashes when trying to save, then the game is barely what you'd consider playable. There's very little point in getting other games running if they won't even save.[/quote]

Ok, i kiiiinda see where youre coming from, but you and I both know I meant anything that would help the games themselves run better, not the emulator. Being able to save is a god send but it didnt change how the games worked or played at all. The performance of the games has changed very little since r40 but it does seem that some things have changed, even if you guys dont mention it (and if very little of the development conversation occurs on here, its your own fault for people being misinformed or at the very least, you shouldnt be surprised to see people with thoughts that dont match up with reality because hey, we have NO WAY to really know) though i WILL say, even if you guys dont, that you are definitely doing SOME things that have upped compatibility with games (as opposed to the emulators compatibility with games to save). Resident Evil Zero is now DRASTICALLY different than it was 40 revisions ago, and Wind Waker no longer has audio glitches in the intro so, even if you aren't announcing compatibility updates, they ARE there...would be easier if you labeled the revisions with the ones that may change games compatibility as opposed to whether or not you changed a controller setting or something that really wouldnt effect compatibility at all. Oh well.
I also agree that memory card emulation is a high priority, it just doesnt change how the games run at all, aside from either freezing or preventing a game from freezing while saving, if you can count that.
Keep up the good work.
This thing is awesome even if youre arguing over semantics with me.

edit: Let me also add, the memory card emulation is 1000x better now, post r80. I can actually play some games from beginning to end now and thats quite an accomplishment. Congrats.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say post r80 u guys really have an awesome beta build on your hands, at least for those not having issues with SD cards. A few more improvements and u might have an official RC soon XD

Oh and it's not an emulator :P lol.

BooLWiigiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Bravo to the team which develops Nintendont from day to day! The progress is really enormous! Continue like that, I'll try to help of all my possible by making a maximum of tests and updating the compatibility list!!

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been testing Nintendont from a Kingston 8gb SD card on my Wii and Wii U since before the SD/USB merge/fusion up to today, and I never had any problems... except for it not recognizing the size and drive sector of my SD (which doesn't affect me from running the games).

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I tested r80 a while back and it removed all the random freezes I was having, I'm not 100% on that but I couldn't get it to crash after 1 hour of testing. (tested on games that work, of course)

EtahnJay144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the problem in Paper Mario TTYD where the game freezes at the curtain before every battle has been fixed?

EtahnJay144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what u mean with "slow save?", maybe is good solution use only SD card for save emulation?

I think he means on luigis mansion on r80. if you try to save it loops but will not freeze and you can reset the game while its looping. i think somone said it was fixed on r83

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luigi mansion (ntsc) stuck while saving at 1st save ...

-r83 usb
-using full game.iso
-memcard emu and HID 'ON'
-32gb NTSC WiiU

hit select on ps3 controller to exit back to HBC
-no save available on restart

-=-=-=-
on another note ...

it would be nice to use the game name as the folder name and ID6 inside
- as well as or instead of 'game.iso' -if need be just use 'game.iso' for 2 disc games

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
luigi mansion (ntsc) stuck while saving at 1st save ...

-r83 usb
-using full game.iso
-memcard emu and HID 'ON'
-32gb NTSC WiiU

hit select on ps3 controller to exit back to HBC
-no save available on restart

-=-=-=-
on another note ...

it would be nice to use the game name as the folder name and ID6 inside
- as well as or instead of 'game.iso' -if need be just use 'game.iso' for 2 disc games

It happend the same to me, I was thinking this revision will fix that, but it seems with the same issue.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All were tested on USB on R83
Paper Mario 2 NTSC-U, freezes at the curtain drop.
Paper Mario 2 NTSC-E, freezes at the curtain drop.
Paper Mario 2 NTSC-J, needs a Japanese force option, otherwise the game will not work.

Please add a Force Japanese option.

Not sure if this matters, WiiU 8GB Console NTSC-U. (I couldn't shell the extra $60 for the Deluxe).

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...