Hacking Nintendont

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not sure what happened but I booted up my Wii U after a while of not using it. Wii U games work fine. I wanted to try some gamecube games. I booted up Smash Bros Melee as a VC inject. It worked fine. I pressed home to restart the console. It softlocked and reset. Now all GCN VC injects are a black screen. What did I break? How do I fix it?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I'm not sure what happened but I booted up my Wii U after a while of not using it. Wii U games work fine. I wanted to try some gamecube games. I booted up Smash Bros Melee as a VC inject. It worked fine. I pressed home to restart the console. It softlocked and reset. Now all GCN VC injects are a black screen. What did I break? How do I fix it?
could be that your settings file ninconfig.bin got corrupted or your controller.ini on the sd card, maybe delete them and get new ones.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
could be that your settings file ninconfig.bin got corrupted or your controller.ini on the sd card, maybe delete them and get new ones.
Would make sense. Where are those stored? How do I reset them? Just delete them?
Where's the right place to download the latest Nintendont for Wii U? Is there some fork everyone uses now?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Would make sense. Where are those stored? How do I reset them? Just delete them?
Where's the right place to download the latest Nintendont for Wii U? Is there some fork everyone uses now?
they are just on the root of your sd card just delete them and then you will need to make a new one by either starting nintendont from a none autoboot channel like vwii and starting a random game on the sd card after changing the settings or just use the app on pc you used to make the settings before.

for nintendont forks i have no idea the official one the latest link is always on the OP

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
they are just on the root of your sd card just delete them and then you will need to make a new one by either starting nintendont from a none autoboot channel like vwii and starting a random game on the sd card after changing the settings or just use the app on pc you used to make the settings before.

for nintendont forks i have no idea the official one the latest link is always on the OP
Got it. Yeah, deleted the config file, made a new one with Nintendont through Wii VC (fortunately I was smart enough to leave a single ISO to load against). That fixed it.

Thanks!

Greenethic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, i couldn't find the awsner on google !

I play gamecube games injected in my WiiU. I would like to know if there is a way to start the games without having to turn a wiimote on.
I use a pro controller to start the system and lunch the games bus I must turn on the wiimote and point the screen to set "TV only or TV + gamepad)
I found that is was impossible to skip that.
But !
When the game shows up on the "quick start screen" when I boot the WiiU with the gamepad, the game lunches without having to use a Wiimote !
So I guess it must me somehow possible ?

Or is there a way to force a game to show up in "quick start screen" ?

Thanks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, i couldn't find the awsner on google !

I play gamecube games injected in my WiiU. I would like to know if there is a way to start the games without having to turn a wiimote on.
I use a pro controller to start the system and lunch the games bus I must turn on the wiimote and point the screen to set "TV only or TV + gamepad)
But !
When the game shows up on the "quick start screen" when I boot the WiiU with the gamepad, the game lunches without having to use a Wiimote !

Thanks.
you can use the wiiu gamepad to start the game without the wiimote but that is about it you can never start an inject with a wiiu pro controller only, its not nintendont codding but the way nintendo coded the wii injects.

Reactions: Greenethic

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

But !

Thanks.
Assuming you have Aroma installed, there are a lot of cool things that can be done with plugins. Don't know if one exists that does what you want but I would recommend asking over in the Aroma thread. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-aroma-environment-for-wii-u.618474/

Reactions: Greenethic

Greenethic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I found out I have tiramisu and not aroma.

While on aroma, this should be working to solve my "problem" ! WiiVCLaunch (available on the appstore)

Reactions: Clutz450

Nonstiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi I'm playing gamecube games on the wii u gamepad but I'm noticing that the games are pretty blurry. is this just how it's supposed to look on the wii u gamepad?
I run the evWii plugin on Aroma to remove any overscan so it's a 1:1 pixel ratio (for NTSC titles at least). Beyond that, I actually think the little bit of softness on the GamePad display actually makes these 480p games look better.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I'm playing gamecube games on the wii u gamepad but I'm noticing that the games are pretty blurry. is this just how it's supposed to look on the wii u gamepad?
They should not look blurry if you are running them at 480p, which is what the GamePad runs at natively. (And no, blurry doesn't look better. It looks blurry.) Have you got Nintendont configured correctly to output your GC games at 480p?

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
They should not look blurry if you are running them at 480p, which is what the GamePad runs at natively. (And no, blurry doesn't look better. It looks blurry.) Have you got Nintendont configured correctly to output your GC games at 480p?
It might be because I'm so used to running Gamecube games on Dolphin that 480p kinda looks blurry in my eyes.
Post automatically merged:

I run the evWii plugin on Aroma to remove any overscan so it's a 1:1 pixel ratio (for NTSC titles at least). Beyond that, I actually think the little bit of softness on the GamePad display actually makes these 480p games look better.
I installed the plugin but I have no idea on how to configure it. There's just a bunch of random numbers in the settings. Also, how do I remove overscan?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It might be because I'm so used to running Gamecube games on Dolphin that 480p kinda looks blurry in my eyes.
Post automatically merged:

I installed the plugin but I have no idea on how to configure it. There's just a bunch of random numbers in the settings. Also, how do I remove overscan?
if your used to dolphin 1080p or even 4k then 480p will always look blurry to you...

• Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Geist EU today and it seems that the deflicker does not deactivate it after the screen that says "this game is only compatible at 60hz". I notice this because my TV screen flickers after that screen as if it were changing video mode and this causes the filter to reactivate again regardless of whether it force video mode.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried Geist EU today and it seems that the deflicker does not deactivate it after the screen that says "this game is only compatible at 60hz". I notice this because my TV screen flickers after that screen as if it were changing video mode and this causes the filter to reactivate again regardless of whether it force video mode.
just use the usa version you have 480p and such to work with, forcing pal stuff with videomodes is always a gamble.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii U will never be able to match Dolphin's performance for both GC & Wii games. If you have a capable PC or Mac to run them at 4k, there's no point in using Wii U to run them. Heck even my phone can out perform the Wii U.
And Dolphin will never be as compatible as real hardware. I have a VERY capable PC (as a charter member of the PC Master Race) and yet I use my Wii and now my Wii U for all non-handheld Nintendo games. And I cannot imagine trying to run any of the games I play on a phone. :rofl2:

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm trying to use a dance mat (vWii) but it's not working. A gamecube controller is recognized, even in the Nintendont menu but when I plug in the dance mat, it doesn't work.
Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto