Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats cool, i try the extractive first to see if it works, if not i use full iso, Thanks
FST is actually not recommended at all and only still in nintendont for backwards compatibility, I wanted to remove that feature last year actually but didnt so you're lucky they still work :P
ISOs in nintendont are far better optimized and run much closer to an actual gamecube disc than FST does.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FST is actually not recommended at all and only still in nintendont for backwards compatibility, I wanted to remove that feature last year actually but didnt so you're lucky they still work :P
ISOs in nintendont are far better optimized and run much closer to an actual gamecube disc than FST does.
Than double thanks

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@FIX94 Any ideas how you will handle two disc games? It would probably work, if we install the discs as two different titles. Installing it as one title would mean injecting two isos into one wii iso. Is this possible? Maybe as iso with multiple game partitions? One partition for each iso.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 Any ideas how you will handle two disc games? It would probably work, if we install the discs as two different titles. Installing it as one title would mean injecting two isos into one wii iso. Is this possible? Maybe as iso with multiple game partitions? One partition for each iso.
technically you can have as many files in a partition as you want, but it would be pretty stupid to do in coding, 2 disc games I already was thinking about, probably you would just pack game.iso and disc2.iso into one wii vc iso and if the game asks to switch discs I could make it do so automatically.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 the WIIVC inject of the game I made, wont let me use the USB GameCube Adaptor, is that normal? (After I disable the GamePad) I can still use the Wii U Pro as player one tho.
you're like maybe the 2nd or 3rd person that got this feature to work now so I have no clue, did you install it to usb? if so then that may be why, maybe its just not possible to play something from wiiu usb and use usb controllers at the same time.

Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're like maybe the 2nd or 3rd person that got this feature to work now so I have no clue, did you install it to usb? if so then that may be why, maybe its just not possible to play something from wiiu usb and use usb controllers at the same time.
Yes I did install the game to USB. Will try to move it to Nand.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will man, don't know if it useful to report anything, FIX94 doesn't seems concerned by bug I pointed...
I never even commented on it yet cause I just am waaaaaay too busy writing up all this, you have no clue how much time it takes to even do all this I suppose. Anyways you may want to try and build your own wii vc file like this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/page-79#post-7583812
But just ingore the game.iso part if you dont need it, I do include a forwarder in that base zip to create the wii iso and in that forwarder I specifically initialize the video fully to try prevent this particular bug because I did read about it but just didnt get to giving back an answer cause I was doing 10 other things at the same time.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never even commented on it yet cause I just am waaaaaay too busy writing up all this, you have no clue how much time it takes to even do all this I suppose. Anyways you may want to try and build your own wii vc file like this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/page-79#post-7583812
But just ingore the game.iso part if you dont need it, I do include a forwarder in that base zip to create the wii iso and in that forwarder I specifically initialize the video fully to try prevent this particular bug because I did read about it but just didnt get to giving back an answer cause I was doing 10 other things at the same time.

Thanks for replying me, I can just imagine you're right but I do have an idea of how much time and effort it is asking (not the same thing, but did some 3D models modding on PC and know how much time it could needs, so coding must be similar in time terms or even worth for coding ^^). You know just telling me that you saw about that bug and you will see it later or when you could or when you want anyway I would understand. Now I know. And thanks for offer me an eventual solution.

Edit: @FIX94: well, I just tried Nintendont v5.457 using forwarder back to USB (cause I was having an issue on exiting Nintendont from NAND) this far no display bug (that seems to be random but it often happens at first launch after install but not this time). I shutdown my WiiU and turned on again before launching Nintendont for the second time, again no display bug, third launch was made directly after exiting Nintendont and gave the same result. Anyway if it gave me that display bug again I'll just let you know. Thanks!

Don't know if it's an already known bug but Viewtiful Joe 1:1 ISO launch but nothing on screen, only sound on it: maybe linked to widescreen option.

Last edited by Kleyon,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I assume Nintendont with Gamepad doesn't support rumble features yet right? since it's an emulation of Wii CC, which doesn't have rumble features. Thanks!

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would it be possible to use official GameCube adapter and official controllers when injecting a game.iso into a wii vc and installing games into usb? Some games like super Mario sunshine need the pressure sensitive triggers on a GameCube controller.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 : Since you're actively releasing updates here could you please do something to increase Nintendont's compatibility/ability to work even if another HDD (for Wii U) is connected at the same time?
@Nomelas already found some kind of workaround but even that seems to work with WiiFlow only for the time being.

Reactions: Clutz450

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 : Since you're actively releasing updates here could you please do something to increase Nintendont's compatibility/ability to work even if another HDD (for Wii U) is connected at the same time?
@Nomelas already found some kind of workaround but even that seems to work with WiiFlow only for the time being.

Are you saying you have a work around which allows you to have 2 drives connected at once? Because that is exactly what I am looking to do. If talking about this is too off topic for this thread then maybe we can talk further about how you did it on a PM. Thanks.

Reactions: huma_dawii

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying you have a work around which allows you to have 2 drives connected at once? Because that is exactly what I am looking to do. If talking about this is too off topic for this thread then maybe we can talk further about how you did it on a PM. Thanks.
I think I have an idea for it, but I've been too busy with other real-life issues to get around to it. I'll try something tonight. (My Wii U isn't hacked at the moment, but I can try simulating it by having a Wii U drive connected to my Wii.)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tested Metroid Prime 2: Echoes using Nintendon't version 5.457, and the game won't boot properly. It is stuck on a black screen no matter how long I wait. Someone please correct this problem.
probably have a bad iso or you are forcing seetings or videomodes or whatever, tak a picture of your nintendont settings and check your iso md5.
New version black screens loading paper Mario the thousand year door. The game rom I have works perfectly fine on an older nintendont I have also Mario Kart gp 1 and 2 the wiiu controls don't work once the race starts again they work on my older nintedont version
works fine here, make sure you dont got your iso corrupted or forced nintendont ssettings toogled by acident.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
probably have a bad iso or you are forcing seetings or videomodes or whatever, tak a picture of your nintendont settings and check your iso md5.

works fine here, make sure you dont got your iso corrupted or forced nintendont ssettings toogled by acident.
Yep somebody I blame my wife but probably me changed the settings in nintendont and paper Mario would not load lol all fixed now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7