Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
okay, yeah i have a lot of learning and reading to do and not sure i understand which is which. Lastly, I noticed that you're supposed to use nothing larger than a 2GB card. Am i correct in that or am I missing something? I only ask because some of the ISO files are nearly 1 GB themselves, so not sure how you can get more than a few. Thank you!
you are not correct.

think of vwii and wiiu like 2 separated consoles that are on the same shell, what you do on vwii is vwii only what you do on wiiu is wiiu only, vwii can be hacked with any size of sd card using the wuphax released by fix94, old method was restricted for 2 gb and using ssbb, but the limit is only for hacking it after that you can even use 2tb sd or hdd to your licking.

vwii is compatible with 99% of every normal wii hacks, well everything except priloader, cios and fowarders.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no need to block updates or online for modding vWii. Just do not patch or replace any IOS below 200. You need only the Homebrew Channel and d2x v10-beta52-vWii installed as IOS249[56] and IOS250[57] installed on your vNAND.

Anything up to a 64GB SDHC card should be fine. Some older titles like Smash Bros don't recognize >2GB SD, though.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: Sticksandstones

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- The USB device can be connected on any USB Port, but it MUST be connected alone.
Do NOT connect another HDD at the same time. Even a WiiU formated HDD will prevent Nintendont from working.
Please, disconnect all your other connected device before launching Nintendont.
That is the only thing preventing us from having two drives connected at the same time, am I right?
That's what's preventing us from having one drive for the Wii U and one (Ustealth hidden) FAT32 drive for vWii. USB Loader GX can handle two drives so only Nintendont seem to be the problem or am I missing something?

Is it completely definite that this can't be fixed/changed in future releases, @FIX94 ?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is the only thing preventing us from having two drives connected at the same time, am I right?
That's what's preventing us from having one drive for the Wii U and one (Ustealth hidden) FAT32 drive for vWii. USB Loader GX can handle two drives so only Nintendont seem to be the problem or am I missing something?

Is it completely definite that this can't be fixed/changed in future releases, @FIX94 ?

correct, you can't use nintendon't with multiple drives, regardless of how they are formatted. I would also love for this to be fixed seeing how USB Loader GX has no issues with it for Wii games.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

correct, you can't use nintendon't with multiple drives, regardless of how they are formatted. I would also love for this to be fixed seeing how USB Loader GX has no issues with it for Wii games.

Update: I managed to actually get this working in both nintendon't and wiiflow by having the vWii drive connected to the front, and the WiiU drive in the back... It's probably likely that the vWii drive needs to be connected to a port that comes after the wiiU one. the 2 in the back being 0 & 1, which the front are 2 & 3

Mikef1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a Triforce game : Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. That 'Paradise' site removed it. :wtf:
Can someone Pm me with a link that works with Nintendont??

Much Thanks, Mike

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update: I managed to actually get this working in both nintendon't and wiiflow by having the vWii drive connected to the front, and the WiiU drive in the back... It's probably likely that the vWii drive needs to be connected to a port that comes after the wiiU one. the 2 in the back being 0 & 1, which the front are 2 & 3
Wait, you are telling me that you have a Wii U formatted drive and a FAT 32 drive (hidden with Ustealth obviously?) connected at the same time and you can launch WUP installed Wii U games, Wii games through USB Loader GX and GC games through Nintendont without plugging/unplugging anything?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, you are telling me that you have a Wii U formatted drive and a FAT 32 drive (hidden with Ustealth obviously?) connected at the same time and you can launch WUP installed Wii U games, Wii games through USB Loader GX and GC games through Nintendont without plugging/unplugging anything?
I got everything working except actually loading Wii games in wiiflow. following this: https://flumpster.lolcakes.com/cios.html

I can't even get usb loader gx to even recognize a drive plugged in the front... I need to do more testing

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Seems we might have a 2 HDD setup working after all Nomelas, great job!

Also, do anyone know why I cannot get GC game "Rayman 3, Hoodlum havoc" running on nintendont? Other games work, but every time I try that one the wii u reboots.

Last edited by maraxion,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got everything working except actually loading Wii games in wiiflow. following this: https://flumpster.lolcakes.com/cios.html

I can't even get usb loader gx to even recognize a drive plugged in the front... I need to do more testing
I'm more the USBLGX guy but the WiiFlow guy but great find! I guess you have already tested fooling around with the paths settings to change usb devices?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Also, do anyone know why I cannot get GC game "Rayman 3, Hoodlum havoc" running on nintendont? Other games work, but every time I try that one the wii u reboots.
if wiiu reboots your iso is broken, find an iso with a matching md5 and you are good.

Reactions: maraxion

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a Triforce game : Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. That 'Paradise' site removed it. :wtf:
Can someone Pm me with a link that works with Nintendont??

Much Thanks, Mike
You will have to find it yourself as asking for and linking copywrited material is against forum rules.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Someone needs a definitive guide for getting both gamecube and wii games loaded in either wiiflow, loader gx or cfg loader with different hard drive set-ups lol

Here's what I did to get it to work (Though, it's been found there are other solutions, this is just what has worked for me):

- beta52 installed on cIOS 249, 250 & 251 (contrary to the wiiu hacking guides, which suggest beta53-alt)
- WiiU drive plugged into both back ports (using Y cable) & ustealthed FAT32 vWii drive plugged into the front left port.
- In WiiFlow settings: under Startup settings - set Force Load cIOS to on & Force cIOS Revision to 251. Set USB Port to 0 or 1, depending on which port you plugged it into, I used 1 for front left. (swap if you don't see your games)
- In WiiFlow settings: under Game Partitions - Make sure Wii and GameCube Partitions are set to USB1, everything else can stay SD.

Notes:

- With this setup, you'll no longer need to constantly unplug drives to get things to work (Except if you want to install WUPs to WiiU USB - you still need to unplug the vWii drive)

(btw, big thanks to @Flump & @Darktalon on the Nintendo Homebrew discord)

Last edited by Nomelas,

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nice one Nomelas.
Havent used wiiflow in a few years, but because of this it might be worth looking into. But Im hoping that usbloader gx might be able to do the same in a short time, now that we know its possible to use 2 HDDs at once!

But on your rig, both gamecube, Wii and wii u games work flawlesly with 2 drives now?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice one Nomelas.
Havent used wiiflow in a few years, but because of this it might be worth looking into. But Im hoping that usbloader gx might be able to do the same in a short time, now that we know its possible to use 2 HDDs at once!

But on your rig, both gamecube, Wii and wii u games work flawlesly with 2 drives now?

yes :) I'd love for usbloader gx to work the same way too, as I prefer it's gui... but I don't think it's possible unless it's updated, which hasn't been in a long while either.

Last edited by Nomelas,

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wel thats awsome Nomelas. I figured the gamecube bit with nintendont would be hard to overcome.
I agree with GX, but its "only" been half a year since it was last updated. This however is quite a gamechanger and if anything wil inspire the programmers to release a new version, this wil :) So I hope someone in those programming circles are reading this, and tries to reverse analyse your metod to incorporate it into the GX and the vWii hack.

Cheap_Shot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I followed the pretty simple instructions (as far as I can tell) and tried loading up a game, only for it to tell me "This Nintendont version does not support games on USB."

I'm using the latest USB Loader GX and latest files for Nintendont so I'm not sure exactly why this is happening. Anyone have any ideas?

donut32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just following on from the dual HDD convo above - I had both my drives working just fine through USB loader and nintendont. Meaning, I didnt have to unplug my Wii U external HDD while playing Wii and GameCube games off the other external HDD. Both were plugged into the back (external power).

However, about a week ago, Ninendont decided it didn't like the set up anymore and wont show any games unless i unplug the Wii U external HDD. Didn't change anything with the set up (except for adding more isos to the vwii external HDD) just didn't like it one day. No biggie as I dont mind unplugging a cable to play GC games - just odd.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just following on from the dual HDD convo above - I had both my drives working just fine through USB loader and nintendont. Meaning, I didnt have to unplug my Wii U external HDD while playing Wii and GameCube games off the other external HDD. Both were plugged into the back (external power).

However, about a week ago, Ninendont decided it didn't like the set up anymore and wont show any games unless i unplug the Wii U external HDD. Didn't change anything with the set up (except for adding more isos to the vwii external HDD) just didn't like it one day. No biggie as I dont mind unplugging a cable to play GC games - just odd.
are you sure you didnt reverse the order when you unplugged the drives?? try reversing what port each drive is plugged into

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed