Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if I recall correctly the gamecube service disc uses completely different SDK functions to any actually released game so no, it cant work and for the little things it does I do not feel like adding a entirely new set of SDK patches.
Also just pushed up a new version to fix up video playback in some trash games.
-added rel timer patches for barnyard, nicktoons unite and battle for volcano island (issue #390)
-pushed the hobbit into rel timer patches instead of patching it the aggressive way

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did anyone look at the PR I submitted?
oh yea I forgot to close it, reasons are that for one the windows setting refers to the build.bat file which automatically compiles it all at once and the "Windows NT" string is in fact not always present in every gcc make setup, also the BE libs make it possible to compile nintendont with every thinkable set of old and new devkitarm, ppc and libogc versions mixed together making it all very compatible so I will not change that and loose that ability for no reason.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's your decision that's fine, but that tag is always present in devkit for Windows installs, which that patch addresses. As it is currently the project does not compile properly on Windows because it can't find the zip/zip.exe file. Also, the be libraries in the latest devkitARM are much newer (and gcc 6.3) compared to the older ones.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As it is currently the project does not compile properly on Windows
...except that I am on windows and always used windows for it with the "Build.bat" you can find in the project root and it works perfectly fine, I do know what I'm doing believe it or not.

evenstyler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've been reading through the thread and see that there is some interest in the BBA emulation. I signed up in order to echo my interest and see if this is still being worked on at all. I would love to be able to join some of the PSO servers out there via nintendont!!!

Blatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I signed up here because I wanted help on making a game show up. I have Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros. Melee, but I can only get the former to work on my Wii U through Nintendont. Both games come from rips via CleanRip on a genuine original Wii console. I just did a fresh rip of Melee today, in fact.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. The files are on my SD card in the proper folder and with the correct naming system, "game.iso" and all. I even tried doing Melee on a USB stick independent of the regular install, but that didn't work either.

What might I be doing wrong? The ISO works on Dolphin so I'm sure it has nothing to do with how it was ripped. I'd like to get this all sorted out before I go more in-depth with ripping Wii games and playing them via USB Loader GX, which will also include a bit of Nintendont action.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey, so I signed up here because I wanted help on making a game show up. I have Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros. Melee, but I can only get the former to work on my Wii U through Nintendont. Both games come from rips via CleanRip on a genuine original Wii console. I just did a fresh rip of Melee today, in fact.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. The files are on my SD card in the proper folder and with the correct naming system, "game.iso" and all. I even tried doing Melee on a USB stick independent of the regular install, but that didn't work either.

What might I be doing wrong? The ISO works on Dolphin so I'm sure it has nothing to do with how it was ripped. I'd like to get this all sorted out before I go more in-depth with ripping Wii games and playing them via USB Loader GX, which will also include a bit of Nintendont action.
so the game doesnt show up on the nintendont game list? make sure you dont have hidden extensions and have game.iso.iso.

Will there ever be support for the Classic Controller Analog Triggers
it has been working since day 1...

Remenber only the first CC model has analog trigers, classic controller pro and the laters one only have digital ones.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Really? Because I tried to run it and my Wii turned off.
when wii turns off there is two options

the iso is broken its alligment of 32k wich can happen if you shrunken it with some tool.

or the gameid isnt valid, i think the demos gameids were added to nintendont some time ago maybe that demo has an invalid one, try opening the demo with an hex editor and change the gameid to a normal gameid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.