Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 128g miniature flash drive. They're faster than hard drives, since there are no disks being read. One thing to be aware is flash drives are less reliable than hdds so if I were you I'd still keep a 2nd backup. Also, mine doesn't get hot in the Wii, which is great for a flash drive's life cycle.
The flash chips inside the USB Flash Drive are typically slower than an HDD. Also Nintendont has issues with some Flash Drives that why HDDs are recommended. I myself use a USB SDHX Reader with a Polaroid 64GB SDXC in it and haven't had a problem yet. Many cheap no name brand USB Flash drives just don't work with Nintendont.

Alitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was just saying the user abode me posted the link to the hid test program lol, but yeah no idea if its a ierd hid controller i have no idea, if it doesnt work on hid test it wont work on nintendont.
Abode? You mean above? Such a shame I was hoping you were a tech guru and would magically make it work D': I have three gamecube controllers I could use instead but they're all terrible lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The flash chips inside the USB Flash Drive are typically slower than an HDD. Also Nintendont has issues with some Flash Drives that why HDDs are recommended. I myself use a USB SDHX Reader with a Polaroid 64GB SDXC in it and haven't had a problem yet. Many cheap no name brand USB Flash drives just don't work with Nintendont.

You're probably right. As for card readers, I was planning on using one but it sounds like a bottleneck. Do they not share the same problems as flash drives?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're probably right. As for card readers, I was planning on using one but it sounds like a bottleneck. Do they not share the same problems as flash drives?
The problem isn't that the Flash Drive will easily fail but many flash drives have issues with Nintendont. The only bottleneck is when you use an SD card in the Wii/Wii U's SD slot as for some reason they made it slow. Using a USB SD card reader solves the issue.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 128g miniature flash drive. They're faster than hard drives, since there are no disks being read. One thing to be aware is flash drives are less reliable than hdds so if I were you I'd still keep a 2nd backup. Also, mine doesn't get hot in the Wii, which is great for a flash drive's life cycle.

Most retail thumb drives have much lower access speeds than a USB hard drive interface. They use slow, inexpensive flash memory. :P

Greggen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to load games from usb and still save on SD?

I don't really feel that the hard drive I have is all that reliable. But it does its job as long as it only has isos.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible to load games from usb and still save on SD?

I don't really feel that the hard drive I have is all that reliable. But it does its job as long as it only has isos.
nope, nintendont can only use either SD or usb while running the games, it cant mount both devices while games are running.

D

Deleted-379826

Hiya, was wondering if someone could help me out! So pretty much on the Wii version of Nintendont I'm currently playing a digital version of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes! I am also using a wireless controller that has to be plugged into the wii remote to play. So my concern is there is a boss fight where you *MUST* connect your controller to "socket" 2 or "port" 2. Now my question is: How can this be achieved with one wireless controller on Nintendont? Thanks in advance! :D

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, was wondering if someone could help me out! So pretty much on the Wii version of Nintendont I'm currently playing a digital version of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes! I am also using a wireless controller that has to be plugged into the wii remote to play. So my concern is there is a boss fight where you *MUST* connect your controller to "socket" 2 or "port" 2. Now my question is: How can this be achieved with one wireless controller on Nintendont? Thanks in advance! :D

What boss is that? I don't remember ever having to do that.

Oh, yeah, the Psycho guy... I'm not sure if there's any way around that unless there's a cheat code.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well you technicaly cant with bt controllers but there is a way to beat it-

Apparently, if you call the Coronel a few times he'll tell you how to beat Psycho Mantis (the controller swap method), then if you die without doing the swap and choose to continue, you can call him again and he'll tell you of another method that is shooting a couple of statues in the room. It seems you can't do this unless you die, though. sources

D

Deleted-379826

well you technicaly cant with bt controllers but there is a way to beat it-

Apparently, if you call the Coronel a few times he'll tell you how to beat Psycho Mantis (the controller swap method), then if you die without doing the swap and choose to continue, you can call him again and he'll tell you of another method that is shooting a couple of statues in the room. It seems you can't do this unless you die, though. sources
Thank you! Will try later today! (It would of been a lot cooler doing that method though! :P)

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so ive been trying to put my gamecube games on usb hdd together with my Wii backups as my SD card is nearly full, i changed the game path, chose nintendont on settings as default, everything is good and got the artworks/covers showing up until i try to launch the game it would say that it has to be in the primary fat32, i mean i only got 1 FAT32 64k drive connected to the back of my Wii..im using USBLoaderGX by the way..all versions are latest..anything i missed? when i boot Nintendont directly from HBC it sees my games and plays them from my usb drive with no issues..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so ive been trying to put my gamecube games on usb hdd together with my Wii backups as my SD card is nearly full, i changed the game path, chose nintendont on settings as default, everything is good and got the artworks/covers showing up until i try to launch the game it would say that it has to be in the primary fat32, i mean i only got 1 FAT32 64k drive connected to the back of my Wii..im using USBLoaderGX by the way..all versions are latest..anything i missed? when i boot Nintendont directly from HBC it sees my games and plays them from my usb drive with no issues..
USBloader gx doesnt work with latest nintendont, try wiiflow or cfg loader or use nintendont directly from the HBC.

Reactions: owek1

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
USBloader gx doesnt work with latest nintendont, try wiiflow or cfg loader or use nintendont directly from the HBC.

i see, thanks for letting me know..saves me the hassle..never tried any other loader before, which one would you recommend between those two?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it on my Wii (not WiiU) the last two days and have had zero issues with USB Loader GX r1260 and Nintendont r422.

Super Monkey Ball Adventure, Eternal Darkness, about 5 other titles I played all worked fine including returning to GX after quitting them.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i see, thanks for letting me know..saves me the hassle..never tried any other loader before, which one would you recommend between those two?
i dont use loaders os yeah no idea i heard good things about wiiflow but nintendont i use it directly from the homebrew channel i dont bother with guis if nintendont works directly and its much better to see and choose the settings imo.

I tested it on my Wii (not WiiU) the last two days and have had zero issues with USB Loader GX r1260 and Nintendont r422.

Super Monkey Ball Adventure, Eternal Darkness, about 5 other titles I played all worked fine including returning to GX after quitting them.
like i said its just some people setups that have issues im guessing they have repartitioned hdds or something wierder.

Last edited by pedro702,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i dont use loaders os yeah no idea i heard good things about wiiflow but nintendont i use it directly from the homebrew channel i dont bother with guis if nintendont works directly and its much better to see and choose the settings imo.

like i said its just some people setups that have issues img uessing they have repartitioned hdds or something wierder.

i only got 1 partition on my hdd which is weird, im too lazy to repartition anything and would like to have all in 1 drive but you got a point, if it's working then there's no need to complicate things that's why you prefer booting directly..as for me, just my OCD-ish side of me would like to see all my games with cover art and in one place lol..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have zero issues with regards to gameplay.. it's only when i change the game path, usbloadergx sees my gc games but would not launch them unless they are in the SD card..

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have zero issues with regards to gameplay.. it's only when i change the game path, usbloadergx sees my gc games but would not launch them unless they are in the SD card..

Not sure if this will help, I ran into a WD drive freezing up and found it had a small partition on it from the manufacturer that formatting didn't remove (probably the WD backup software) and in the first position was a very small (unallocated?) partition marked with an ASTERIX. I used EaseUS Partition Manager to merge them before re-formatting. You might also make sure it's set as ACTIVE and PRIMARY.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0