Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just tried launching it through the unmodded homebrew channel and it still froze? Should I uninstall the modded one completely?
well it shouldnt make a diference tbh, you sure if you used SD alone it still crahses with both nintendont and games folder ebing on the SD?

n00dz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somehting is off then try deleting any controller.ini and ninconfig.bin files on the root of the SD/usb then try redownloading nintendont dol, maybe somehow it got corrupted in the process.

Every single time I have opened Nintendont, to update or just to check the settings, it has frozen on a black screen when i quit. I have never been able to successfully quit Nintendont, it all results in me unplugging my Wii U.

Yes, they may be interfering with each other.

It may have been something you did, just restore that NAND Dump.

I remember that I installed the modded Homebrew Channel hoping that the freezing when quiting Nintedont would stop. I can try to uninstall it now to see if it makes a difference. Should I just delete the channel, or uninstall the wad in the wad manager?

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Every single time I have opened Nintendont, to update or just to check the settings, it has frozen on a black screen when i quit. I have never been able to successfully quit Nintendont, it all results in me unplugging my Wii U.

I remember that I installed the modded Homebrew Channel hoping that the freezing when quiting Nintedont would stop. I can try to uninstall it now to see if it makes a difference. Should I just delete the channel, or uninstall the wad in the wad manager?
Uninstalling via Wad Manager is safer, and cleaner. You can also use MMM.

n00dz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalling via Wad Manager is safer, and cleaner. You can also use MMM.

Uninstalled Modded Homebrew Channel, launched Nintendont, tried to quit and still froze on black screen. Man, this is frustrating...Do you think it could be my system? It's a launch day Wii U (biggest regret ever.)

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalled Modded Homebrew Channel, launched Nintendont, tried to quit and still froze on black screen. Man, this is frustrating...Do you think it could be my system? It's a launch day Wii U (biggest regret ever.)
What exploit did you use?

EDIT:

Join me over at Discord, and we can discuss this....it might have to do with the vWii NAND, Strange. https://discord.gg/tk7HY

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
doubt it, well just dont quit then after your done playing hit the wiiu reset button wich will reboot the wiiu.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, did you Dump your NAND before any Significant modifications? If so, restore it.

*wince* No. Overkill. And please don't tell people to fix stuff privately. They may miss out on valuable input from other GBATemp members.

@n00dz Please get SysCheck (from that thread) and post the .csv file contents in spoiler tags.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
*wince* No. Overkill. And please don't tell people to fix stuff privately. They may miss out on valuable input from other GBATemp members.

@n00dz Please get SysCheck (from that thread) and post the .csv file contents in spoiler tags.
Page16, he posted it on the definitive vWii guide.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've attached the picture of the settings. Is this the screen you wanted to see?

You have a WiiU, how come Memcard Emulation is off? You have a way to insert a real GC Memcard ?

off topic:
BTW, Nintendont doesn't change revision that often now, can some one remove/improve the codes (in main.c) that "updates" the meta.xml unconditionally every time Nintendont starts?
It was implemented by a user long time ago when Nintendont was changing revisions very frequently and he wanted to keep track of it. Most other apps just don't care about meta.xml, a few update it only when needed. most users won't read it when starting from HBC and most won't start Nintendont from HBC anyway.

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
You have a WiiU, how come Memcard Emulation is off? You have a way to insert a real GC Memcard ?

off topic:
BTW, Nintendont doesn't change revision that often now, can some one remove/improve the codes (in main.c) that "updates" the meta.xml unconditionally every time Nintendont starts?
It was implemented by a user long time ago when Nintendont was changing revisions very frequently and he wanted to keep track of it. Most other apps just don't care about meta.xml, a few update it only when needed. most users won't read it when starting from HBC and most won't start Nintendont from HBC anyway.

N00dz might send the Wii u to me, so I can try and fix this problem.

n00dz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beleive that when I launch through USB Loader GX, it uses Mem card emulation through that. I could be wrong though. I did not mess with any settings in Nintendont at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll grab that information and post it for you tomorrow. I posted the SysCheck in another thread, but I didn't post the csv file.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
What does the antialiasing thing do for that MOD that was posted previously?
What are the actual changes in gameplay with it and without it?

It reduces stair-stepping / jagged-edges to make them appear as a more believable straight line or curved edge on 3d models.
One you see 480iaa it's hard to go back to 480p even Wii games look like shit without aa,
Ferrari: The Race Experience has awful jaggies.

Last edited by ned,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It reduces stair-stepping / jagged-edges to make them appear as a more believable straight line or curved edge on 3d models.
One you see 480iaa it's hard to go back to 480p even Wii games look like shit without aa,
Ferrari: The Race Experience has awful jaggies.
except you said AA makes 4 to 7 fps drop and loosing games FPS for some minor improvement doesnt seem a good idea at all to me.

n00dz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here is my SysCheck:
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on vIOS58 (rev 6432).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v609)

Drive date: 06.28.2011
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 604949083
Console Type: vWii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v0
Found 54 titles.
Found 35 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stubs.

vIOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
vIOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
vIOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
vIOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
vIOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
vIOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
vIOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
vIOS59 (rev 9249): No Patches
vIOS62 (rev 6942): No Patches
vIOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
vIOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
vIOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS512 (rev 7): No Patches
vIOS513 (rev 1): No Patches
Report generated on 07/23/2016.

Also, a little update for everyone who has been trying to help me. I woke up today and tried an SD card that I hadn't previously tried. I formatted it to be safe, and put 1 GameCube game on it. The game ran, and quit as it should! It went back to USB Loader GX, and I was able to select and load the game AGAIN with no freezing! I was very excited at this point, so I went back to the home menu and plugged my HDD in. I went back into USB Loader Gx and tried to launch a game that was on the HDD, it launched fine. When I quit though, it got stuck on "Initializing USB device" and eventually froze up. I unplugged my system and HDD and restarted. This time I went into the HBC and launched Nintendont through there. I was able to look at the settings and quit Ninendont without a lockup for the first time!

I'm assuming it must have been how my other 2 SD cards were formatted, and I don't think my Wii U likes my HDD either. I had an internally powered HDD that I used for my softmodded Wii, so I bought a Y cable and have been trying to use it for the vWii. Is it a better idea to just get an externally powered one for the vWii? Is there a list of "recommended HDD" for the vWii?

Again, I just wanted to update everyone, and hopefully the issue was either my HDD and SD card, or a combination of the two.

Thanks for all the responses and help I've received over the past 2 days. Hopefully this is the end of the headaches!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...