Hacking Nintendont

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it work? :)

I need to get rid of my overscan issue before I commit.
I got a wii2hdmi 720/1080p which outputs in 60Hz I don't think it supports 50Hz unless the console is set to
576i, either way the wii2hdmi actually gave me more horizontal overscan in 720 and 1080p 60Hz than my component cable did at 480p :-( vertical overscan remained the same, screenfit was unlocked because of 720/1080p signal but it didn't get rid of the overscan which is weird because if I compare the BBC News SD freeview uk channel 130 576i feed from the inbuilt DVB-T1 tuner on my samsung tv it has overscan, but on my dvd recorder + inbuilt freeview when it upscales it to 720p, 1080i or 1080p at 50Hz over hdmi the overscan is gone if you select "screenfit".
The only thing I can think of is if Nintendont is setting the vertical resolution too high,
irc not all 480 pixels are supposed to be visable
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3335

Last edited by ned,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just asking because I don't think either the GC or Wii's framebuffer can handle it. I think the Flipper and Hollywood only have like 3MB buffers.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
In the Peach Castle demo you can see a 3-7 fps drop at 480paa but at 480iaa it's almost the same as 480p.
It also seems to apply some sort of transparent overlay with a gridded pattern in interlaced aa, you can see it on the trail off ends of the wings in the hanger scene.

Last edited by ned,

Naster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Quick question:
Saves of Nintendont for Wii and Nintendont for vWii on Wii U is compatible? (I want to play Wind Waker on Wii U and switch on Wii for native GBA support on moments when Tingle Tuner needed.)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Quick question:
Saves of Nintendont for Wii and Nintendont for vWii on Wii U is compatible? (I want to play Wind Waker on Wii U and switch on Wii for native GBA support on moments when Tingle Tuner needed.)
why wouldnt they? vwii is basicaly a wii everything we use is made for the wii every file is the exact sma e for basicaly anything that isnt IOS or fowarders, all wii homebrew is vwii compatible its just the same exact thing just plug it on vwii, also on nintendont on vwii you can use all 4 usb ports.

Reactions: Naster

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick Question, where's the Version info Stored, which you can see in the loader. Is it in the source, or otherwise?

EDIT:

I am making a Mod (For Personal use):

0xFy3EF.jpg
I like what you did.

n00dz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing and quiting out of a GameCube gaming using Nintendont, my vWii can no longer detect my SD card or harddrive. Trying to access anything on either locks up my system and forces me to unplug the system.

Has anyone heard of a problem like this?

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
So I did a comparison of segaboot.img01 vs segaboot.img1 today and the only
differences are segaboot.img1 contains a extra 20bytes in the header and
changed build ver, one single byte difference.

SegaBoot Ver.3.00.2 = segaboot.img01
SegaBoot Ver.3.01.2 = segaboot.img1

segaboot.img01 then contains another gcm from
00100000-001FFFFF
which is an exact copy of segaboot.img1 minus 30bytes discounting the headers.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After playing and quiting out of a GameCube gaming using Nintendont, my vWii can no longer detect my SD card or harddrive. Trying to access anything on either locks up my system and forces me to unplug the system.

Has anyone heard of a problem like this?
if you used a fowarder or some other entry point to enter nintendont, theres no garantee that nintendont can exit, most times it will freeze on exit on fowarders, but if you say after the unplug that your console cant see your hdd or SD then no, no one ever reported that.

n00dz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you used a fowarder or some other entry point to enter nintendont, theres no garantee that nintendont can exit, most times it will freeze on exit on fowarders, but if you say after the unplug that your console cant see your hdd or SD then no, no one ever reported that.

It happens even when I launch games through Nintendont also. After the unplug and the system has power again, it sees the harddrive again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster... +1