Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've just finished NTSC Compressed iso of Resident Evil 2. Some slowdowns on cutscenes, but aint sure if the full iso will resolve.
the only thing that can lag videos is SD cards or very slow usb devices, compressed ususaly only either works normaly or screws the sound if badly compressed.

There is no way for nintendont to ever lag a GC game ingame, becuase the wii already runs 1.5x speed compared to the GC, we even have to slow games down, if the game lags is because it lagged on the original gc aswhell.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
i mean hit the shutdown button on wiiu and it automaticaly restarsts, those arent hard freezes you dont need to pull the plug.
Either way, that SHOULD be considered a bug. and should be looked at.
Doing that damages the HDD just like doing it on a PC would.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Either way, that SHOULD be considered a bug. and should be looked at.
Doing that damages the HDD just like doing it on a PC would.
it isnt a hard shutdown its a system reset so your elling me everyone that has a wii or wiiu hdd connected at all times for games gets his hdd damaged everytime they shut off the system? dont think so, the restart is a clean shutdown it isnt forced.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
it isnt a hard shutdown its a system reset so your elling me everyone that has a wii or wiiu hdd connected at all times for games gets his hdd damaged everytime they shut off the system? dont think so, the restart is a clean shutdown it isnt forced.
Well... kinda.
What I mean is that the heads are parked mid spin IF one doesn't exit to system menu first.
You can test it if you want.
Listen to the HDD spin, and shutdown the console while playing any backup.
Now do the same but only after exiting to the system menu etc.
If I had to guess, I'd say that by exiting to the menu the console just plain STOPS accessing the drive thus liberating it for safe removal/shutdown.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well... kinda.
What I mean is that the heads are parked mid spin IF one doesn't exit to system menu first.
You can test it if you want.
Listen to the HDD spin, and shutdown the console while playing any backup.
Now do the same but only after exiting to the system menu etc.
If I had to guess, I'd say that by exiting to the menu the console just plain STOPS accessing the drive thus liberating it for safe removal/shutdown.
if that was true everyone would get their wiiu drives damaged by now lol ppl dont unplug them before shutting down the console my hdd is self powered so it continues to work regardless of wiiu being on or off.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
if that was true everyone would get their wiiu drives damaged by now lol ppl dont unplug them before shutting down the console my hdd is self powered so it continues to work regardless of wiiu being on or off.
Well, first of all in your specific case that could work.
It could be that if it doesn't loose power, the heads don't park in mid spin.
But the rest of us (y cable drives) that IS most definitely an issue.
And I'm not talking about an immediate annihilation of the drive obviously. All I'm saying is: That's the way external (or even internals for that matter) get zapped eventually. MUCH FASTER than they should.
Also, turning off the console mid game or in case of a bug like the one being discussed here is basically the same as unplugging the drive.
And SPECIALLY in the case of 2.5' laptop drives that tend to die if you even look at them for too long.

SugarSnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do you have any homebrew theme installed? any wierd fake controller your using when booting nintendont? my fake wiiu pro makes homebrew channel dsi exception.
No homebrew themes, just an official wiimote with an official classic controller. I'm not sure what to make of it, it's my first time running Nintendont. It's a brand new Wii U with only d2x and ios80 patch installed.

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that Nintendont seems to be essentially finished, how about we start a checklist of features we would like added? No pipe dreams, dear god.

1. Swiss' Widescreen sprite patching
2. 4:3/16:9 aspect ratio setting

Reactions: almmiron

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ I would like a screenshot feature :)
Alright , sounds good. I'll add it to the wanted list.

1. Swiss' Widescreen sprite patching
2. 4:3/16:9 aspect ratio setting
3. Ability to take screenshots and record video

other than that, nintendont is mostly complete.
That's why I said essentially; because the essentials are all there. ;)

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
heres something which annoyed me for quite a while so I fixed it up:
-added some code to allow real discs on wii to actually be taken out and placed back in, should allow for things like disc switching with actual discs
nice addition! I will test eith baten kaitos

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, first of all in your specific case that could work.
It could be that if it doesn't loose power, the heads don't park in mid spin.
But the rest of us (y cable drives) that IS most definitely an issue.
And I'm not talking about an immediate annihilation of the drive obviously. All I'm saying is: That's the way external (or even internals for that matter) get zapped eventually. MUCH FASTER than they should.
Also, turning off the console mid game or in case of a bug like the one being discussed here is basically the same as unplugging the drive.
And SPECIALLY in the case of 2.5' laptop drives that tend to die if you even look at them for too long.
For USB powered HDDs, you could probably get around that using a powered USB HUB. Some will even supply power to the port it's plugged into (which in turn powers the other USB ports, though that seems like it could cause other problems) so you don't even have to plugs the USB HDD in through the HUB, since some homebrew has troubles with accessing the HDD through HUBs. Not a pretty solution, but cheap and should allow the HDD to go to sleep properly without having to leave the console on.

Reactions: sideskroll

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres something which annoyed me for quite a while so I fixed it up:
-added some code to allow real discs on wii to actually be taken out and placed back in, should allow for things like disc switching with actual discs
Thank you as always @FIX94! I appreciate you for everything. :bow:

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
For USB powered HDDs, you could probably get around that using a powered USB HUB. Some will even supply power to the port it's plugged into (which in turn powers the other USB ports, though that seems like it could cause other problems) so you don't even have to plugs the USB HDD in through the HUB, since some homebrew has troubles with accessing the HDD through HUBs. Not a pretty solution, but cheap and should allow the HDD to go to sleep properly without having to leave the console on.
Having the "spare" (+5 v lead) connected to say, a phone charger would act the same way.
My point is that issues like those found in that *icantrememberwhich* Bond game should be looked after instead of just being accepted and dealt like that guy told the other guy to.
That will eventually (much sooner than you would think) kill the drive and then you can expect a lot of users blaming this app over here (and they KINDA should, after all the advice to "just unplug it" came from these boards)

stfuminnie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for cross posting but nobody's replying on https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-configurations.355035/page-29 and this thread is much more active and i see fix talking, and with this thread being 1431 pages long I'm sure you can understand why I've not read through it all to see if the issues been resolved but given that there isnt a .ini specifically for it on google code i can assume its still on going

Basically, i have a twin usb ps2 > usb
http://www.benryves.com/images/ps2-to-pc/adaptor-product.jpg
It works fine on pc and android for 2 players, but on nintendont there's this constant problem of controller interference. Both controls work per say but every ~half a second whatever you input on one controller gets sent to the other. Even on single player games with multiin=2 i have link limping along, unable to use deku flowers as he just jumps straight out when holding a, for example. I've tried multiinvalue=00, 01, 02 to no avail. 00 seems a bit better, 02 just suspends player 2 completely. I even tried 03 but that just stoped both working. Turned off rumble since some if not all programs i use dont recognise rumble for some reason on pc/android but this didnt help either, though i only turned rumble=0 and left he rest. I was actually really surprised when i got vibration feedback lol. Also, I'm on a wii not a wii-u, the ps2 controllers are official and the 2 player game i mained to test was harry potter goblet of fire and the base .ini was the one from controllers.zip downloaded through nintendont. 0810_0001 i think or smth like that
I have the driver disc intended for windows xp (win7 detects it automatically so i assume it's a generic driver control) if that will help at all.
Hid test v0.6 doesn't pick up player 2 at all though either, but i read somewhere it doesn't have multipad support anyway
Any help would be appreciated, and, given that the adapter i use is only a couple of quid off eBay i suspect most people trying to use ps2 controllers will be using it.

Thanks in advance and props on all the work so far & sorry for the wall of text but this has been getting on mine and my gfs tits for a while

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude. You should at least save up and buy yourself a spare Wii U so you can actually play Wii U games on it. You're depriving yourself man.

@Drak0rex Well, with all due respect, I would have saved up for a second Wii U way before now, however, when you're unemployed, have less than 40 dollars in your bank account, driven to panic attacks from the sheer stress of having no job, topped off with the I'm about to be forced to move back home with your parents, it's a little difficult to get a second Wii U. Just saying. There's a lot I should do, but can't right now.

Besides, I already have a Wii that I play Gamecube games on since I don't need to use my adapter for it, and a single-cable USB HDD, works perfectly and the WiFi module on my 2007 model Wii is kinda, well, botched and nonfunctional, I'd rather continue updating it manually. Well that, and I use the cover/background mod version of Nintendont.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: