Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There's a huge difference in the way Devo and Nintendont actually work. They're not very similar and are actually quite the opposite from each other in how they achieve GC emulation.

Well, I don't know much about Devolution but my previous post was referred to the similarity on the one point in common they have: they are USB/SD loaders, and the differences that the end-user can perceive (most of us wouldn't be able to say much about the differences in the source code) but anyone can say that Devo has more compatibility right now or that it supports many things nintendont doesn't support yet, and of course, that it has the Disc Verification.

Anyways, my point was that neither of them can load a game directly from the dvd drive, which was NEO117's question.

Silix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Speaking about HID, I've just tested r66 on my Wii (Hollywood 0x21) hoping that changes about controllers could in some way make one of my 3 compatible ps3 controllers work in nintendont. Unfortunately they still don't work, but I noticed that while in the previous versions I was unable to start a game with HID turned on because nintendont stopped on the message "Nintendont kernel looping, loading game...", in this release the games start normally.
And speaking about compatible controllers, does anybody know if the HIDtest source code is somewere available? I thought compatible devices were different only for material quality, not in the way they send data to the console and thus I cannot understand why they work perfectly wirh a real ps3 and not in nintendont as they are supposed to behave the same way as the original ones.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll not try nothing, but i was wondering that's why SSBM and Kirby Air Ride's MCEmu recognizes, but doesn't create a save or saving...
Code:
                                                                break;
                                                        }
                                                }

if( FPatterns[j].Patch == (u8*)ARQPostRequest )
                                                {
                                                        if( (read32(0) >> 8) == 0x47414C ||    // Super Smash Bros Melee
                                                                (read32(0) >> 8) == 0x474B59 )  // Kirby Air Ride
Maybe that "break;" are avoiding both games that will freeze when saving/creating save... or maybe i'm wrong anyways :(

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'll not try nothing, but i was wondering that's why SSBM and Kirby Air Ride's MCEmu recognizes, but doesn't create a save or saving...

Maybe that "break;" are avoiding both games that will freeze when saving/creating save... or maybe i'm wrong anyways :(

Look at the brackets, that break; is not even in the same "if", and the if for the games only shows a dbug message when the condition is met, nothing else. it doesn't affect the games at all.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the brackets, that break; is not even in the same "if", and the if for the games only shows a dbug message when the condition is met, nothing else. it doesn't affect the games at all.
When Joostin was removed the "break;" from the line about 1440, how MCEmu was improved?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...