Nintendo, You Have a Very Serious Problem.

Do you approve of Nintendo's direction as of late?

• Total voters

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
The OS is snappy. That is a huge positive for me especially considering how bad Nintendo UI and OS has been previously.
You probably don't have a lot of digital games or use a New 3DS.
With my 3DS it takes some seconds just to load the icons for the games I have,
it's preety pathetic considering how simple this interface is.

To say truth, the Vita mask the loading with the slow boot that has while the 3DS boots directly to the menu.
That being said, if you compare both OSs the Vita live area gives a million of kicks in the ass to the 3DS OS. is responsive, has multi-tasking, can take in-game screenshots, you can personalize with your own pictures, even the battery last longer while sleeping.

I wanted the New 3DS XS and what did Nintendo?? crush my dream.
the XS has the perfect size, is like the DSi of this generation.

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ironically, their abysmal transfer system is one of the main reasons I'm not planning on updating to the New 3DS.

I was initially keen on updating to the new system from my original in order to gain access to online features as I like having the NinjaHax compatible firmware. Needing to connect online however, I'd have to update my system and lose the exploit.

Even if it weren't for this, was Nintendo not thinking about how a lot of consumers actually upgrade? In Nintendo's eyes, upgrading requires owning two consoles at once, even if temporarily. I don't think I'm wrong in thinking that casual consumers would logically sell the original system first in order to gain money to buy the new one. Can Nintendo seriously not see the problem there?

May I also mention as a side note that SSB 3DS bricked my system on the weekend of release, prompting me to have to send it in for repairs that cost me about three quarters the price of a new console?

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never in the history of gaming have I cared for something less than Amiibo. Why is this popular? To buy a doll and import it into your game? i'm opposed to any sort of collectible "pay to win" concept. Monster Cards? No thanks, how is it fair to be at an advantage because you bought more cards?!

Anything you have to buy to improve your choice in a competitive games is crap. Any cash grab of the collectible type is fine for the suckers, but I don't want to see it in my game. Yes I understand the Amiibo options in SSB and MK8 aren't exactly pay to win. But it's just a matter of time before we see it. I can't even imagine the next big Pokemon game and the hoards of Amiibos.
Even if it's not pay to win, if a big portion game development is going into to content that is only available if you have the right dolls, then I feel like a big portion of the $60 game isn't really open to me unless I own those dolls. It's a horrible trend in gaming, and I wish consumers would reject it. Obviously that's not happening. Skylanders and Amiibos are both bringing in tons of cash. People are paying big bucks for a couples cents worth of plastic molds.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Never in the history of gaming have I cared for something less than Amiibo. Why is this popular? To buy a doll and import it into your game? i'm opposed to any sort of collectible "pay to win" concept. Monster Cards? No thanks, how is it fair to be at an advantage because you bought more cards?!

Anything you have to buy to improve your choice in a competitive games is crap. Any cash grab of the collectible type is fine for the suckers, but I don't want to see it in my game. Yes I understand the Amiibo options in SSB and MK8 aren't exactly pay to win. But it's just a matter of time before we see it. I can't even imagine the next big Pokemon game and the hoards of Amiibos.
Even if it's not pay to win, if a big portion game development is going into to content that is only available if you have the right dolls, then I feel like a big portion of the $60 game isn't really open to me unless I own those dolls. It's a horrible trend in gaming, and I wish consumers would reject it. Obviously that's not happening. Skylanders and Amiibos are both bringing in tons of cash. People are paying big bucks for a couples cents worth of plastic molds.
The amiibos are entirely optional and they don't really improve or make the game much better than it already is.

Only for titles like, Mario Party 10 then it does actually do a lot in the sense it unlocks a mode that's "amiibo Party" which are only acessible with selected amiibos.

The amiibos I have are just for display.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who finds it funny that people say or act like Nintendo is the only one having trouble while having the mindset that Sony and Microsoft are automatically so much more perfect, better off, and never had nor ever will make a single mistake?

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Am I the only one who finds it funny that people say or act like Nintendo is the only one having trouble while having the mindset that Sony and Microsoft are automatically so much more perfect, better off, and never had nor ever will make a single mistake?

They make mistakes but learn from them quickly.

Microsoft: Kinect is doing amazing, let's bundle K2.0 it with all the Xboners!!!
Gamers: Kinect is for casual scum, shove all those K2.0 in your ass.
Microsoft: We will make a Xboner bundle without K2.0.

Sony: PS2 sold like cure to cancer, let's price the PS3 at $$$$$$$599.99 US Dollars.
Gamers: What did you just said?!?!?!?!
Sony: And the price for the PS4 iiiss....... $399.99 US Dollars.

Nintendo: And this is the Wii U Gamepad, have fun.
Gamers: Why is this shit mandatory?? I want to turn it off!!!!
Nintendo: Huh, did you said something??

Reactions: VMM

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo: And this is the Wii U Gamepad, have fun.
Gamers: Why is this shit mandatory?? I want to turn it off!!!!
Nintendo: Huh, did you said something??

Strangest thing is that something as essential as accessing the Settings requires the fuckin' GamePad for it. IT'S THE GOD DAMN SETTINGS FOR FUCKS SAKES!!

vbkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I *really* feel like manifesting my disapointment on the size option with new 3ds.

Got a 3ds XL, and damn, I hate it. I never had a console I disliked so my in my entire life. Resolution is ugly, the size/weight distribution/dpad position makes it horrid for playing dpad based games (it's ok for analog games but that's it).

Unluckly I liked the 3d *a lot*, and was allways in doubt about gettin a regular and selling my XL due the 3d.

When I made my mind 'ok let's sell this huge brick' -> new 3ds gets anounced: "ok maybe this will get the better 3d in the non-XL model. let's wait :D yeay \o/ <3"

And now "Ow no.... you really don't really want the regular" they tel me ¬¬

I feel like I'm in some sortta statistics' table displaying how nintendo lost costumers by segmenting market.

Gladly I moved on and found a happier land with vita where my hands don't get cramps, got a bit load of 3rd party games and near 0 shovelware, and, most importantly, I don't go nuts over "omg should i get the regular? should I keep the huge brick? should I wait for the *new and improoved model*? Should I import the japanese version and force myself to resume my japanese studies? now woot ?_?". Talk about segmentation catapulting a costumer straight to the adversaries :|.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I *really* feel like manifesting my disapointment on the size option with new 3ds.

Got a 3ds XL, and damn, I hate it. I never had a console I disliked so my in my entire life. Resolution is ugly, the size/weight distribution/dpad position makes it horrid for playing dpad based games (it's ok for analog games but that's it).

Unluckly I liked the 3d *a lot*, and was allways in doubt about gettin a regular and selling my XL due the 3d.

When I made my mind 'ok let's sell this huge brick' -> new 3ds gets anounced: "ok maybe this will get the better 3d in the non-XL model. let's wait :D yeay \o/ <3"

And now "Ow no.... you really don't really want the regular" they tel me ¬¬

I feel like I'm in some sortta statistics' table displaying how nintendo lost costumers by segmenting market.

Gladly I moved on and found a happier land with vita where my hands don't get cramps, got a bit load of 3rd party games and near 0 shovelware, and, most importantly, I don't go nuts over "omg should i get the regular? should I keep the huge brick? should I wait for the *new and improoved model*? Should I import the japanese version and force myself to resume my japanese studies? now woot ?_?". Talk about segmentation catapulting a costumer straight to the adversaries :|.

Buy European. Problem solved. Anyway buying games in Brazil should probably be a headache like in Argentina even if you try to buy American games (overpriced as fuck).
But I am with you on the Vita solution, and as always FUCK REGION LOCKING (note to Nintendo).

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/03/nintendo-explains-why-re-releasing-amiibo-is-hard

To sum up this article, Amiibo's are apparantly hard to make, and 3 rare Amiibo's are going to be re-released in Japan in May.
Villager, Little Mac, and Captain Falcon. Absolutely no word if they'll come to America at all.

Also interesting is the further emphasis of the future of AMIIBO cards, they also outline that they probably won't re-release unpopular AMIIBO.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i looked up about the "Console locked" downloads and most Nintendo reps on the forums give the answer to [paraphrasing]

"We don't want game sharing or pirating via account sharing at all"

*waits for GW N3DS update*

*pops in MicroSD card*

Boots to EmuNAND *here's your "system transfer!*

and this is why I don't buy eShop games.......

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Sakitoshi put it very well, the difference is that Sony and MS learn from their mistakes and do things focusing on what the consumer would like or want.
Nintendo do the things they want to, if the consumer likes, good, if not they simply ignore.

The amount of unpopular actions they pulled off in this generation is too damn high:
  • Limited Demo usage
  • Region Loc
  • No account system
  • No chargers included in 3DS XL and New 3DS versions
  • Terrible filters in VC with no option for button remap on 3DS
  • Not selling games that are already made like Zelda Four Swords and GBA VC for 3DS titles
  • Not been able to use the WiiU Pro Controller on Wii games, even the ones that used Classic Controller(Pro)
Most of these seem to be pure stubbborness, which makes most gamers, even loyal fans go mad and see the enterprise with bad eyes.
If there was a good reasoning behind their actions I'm pretty sure there would'nt be so mad with them.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...