CATt-NvUgAAx5Bf.png

wat

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Considering Nintendo not doing shit for the last year or so in actually attracting new users to the 3DS and Wii U markets (sold units are on a decline regardless of the newly released New 3DS), it's not surprising. At least they're doing the logical choice here as in trying to get peeps from mobile to handheld/home consoles. If you look at the sold/bought amounts, the stock can be considered dead for a while before this. :)

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I was prepping to see the typical Temp Nintendo bashing for making such a decision, I'm actually disappointed in not seeing those comments yet. I know, weird, right?

They are bashing Nintendo's choices over in the hardware thread...somehow it as turned into a Nintendo phone games, bashing thread. The topic of new hardware didn't last 10 post.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are bashing Nintendo's choices over in the hardware thread...somehow it as turned into a Nintendo phone games, bashing thread. The topic of new hardware didn't last 10 post.

Why am I not surprised, given how vicious some of the posts people make on here? They wouldn't know civility if it bit them in the a-- anyways.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope this is going to end up badly for nintendo, else we will have freemiun nintendo game all over the place

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I see nothing wrong with this. The games probably won't be too interesting but could be good for some cheap fun on the go, and Nintendo aren't spending their own resources on developing mobile games, so they can continue focusing on their own consoles.

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
People think too stereotipical about mobile games. The first thing you ever hear when someone tells about nintendo mobile games is a "mario runner" "nes games ports" "pokemon puzzle games" etc. But that's not the case with mobile games... Mobile developers are the same as regular game developers just working with different controll schemes. You can make a HOPA like Artifex Mundi, Point and Click adventures, puzzle platformers, constructing games, top-down adventure games, moba and so... everything you want as long as you adapt to some things: updateability, simple and accesable content, and controll scheme. Just because the appstore and google store ale overfloded by flappy bird clones and stupid endless runners, doesn't mean there aren't greate games out there. A lot that are hit PC indie games as well. I think, If made by the right people with some creativity behind their heads, these games can be rly good. And come on... It's Nintendo! How many bad games Nintendo made for every good game they made? like... 1:100?

BUT I have somethin different to point out. Is it just me or Iwata is getting thinner and thinner everytime we see him? I'm a bit worried. I know he had a turmor and everything was going good after the surgery but still...

Reactions: Nightwish

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming to google play store fall 2015, "Angry Toads" and "Temple run: Mario Edition"!

ugh... It is the beginning of the end...
It may be the beginning of the end, but for an entirely different reason. This isn't gonna make every future Nintendo game be mobilized. It just means the crappy games DeNA were already making can now legally contain Nintendo characters.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
They won't. After getting rich by freemium sh1t, they will bring that sh1t to their other consoles as well... You can count on it. Nintendo IS greedy after all...

That's like shitting on your own backyard. The fact that they teamed up with DeNA for mobiles means they will now have access to mobile platforms - where they can let DeNA make golden shit for them. But bringing those pay2win crap on their own platforms? Yeah, bad idea.

I hope they don't do that. Or at least, they don't discard everything else for that.

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
now wait for them to anounce the nintendophone. the only phone that plays nintendo apps

...and then it can be added to the list ...Virtual Boy, Nintendo DSi, Wii U ...the Nintendo Phone!
Thrown the DSi in there for the build quality issues, not for the lack of games ...or wait, maybe??

Apple and Android already have the market, Nintendo wont make enough money if they do ...since that's all there bothered about these days!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Huge crts on both eye lids
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly the EyeToy games where like proto augmented reality
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I also have a Wii