Nintendo Switch Teardown Pictures Leaked

3W38cvj.jpg

The inevitable has happened, albeit earlier than expected; there are teardown pictures of the Switch!

A Chinese forum has some interesting information, involving Nintendo's latest console. Another person has gotten their hands on an early Switch, and they've taken the system apart, showcasing what's under the hood of the Nintendo Switch. There's not too much information on it yet, as it's all in Chinese, but here's what's been uncovered right now:

• Date code is "1629" in addition to the A2 stepping.

• This means 2016 Week 29 which is around July 2016.

• ODNX02-A2 is another code printed.
    • This seems to confirm that this IS a custom chip for Nintendo. Considering the Switch was codenamed Nintendo NX during its development.
  • We also see PANN39.C0P?? as the other code above ODNX02-A2.

Notably, the Switch shares a very, very similar SoC with the 2017 edition of the Nvidia Shield TV. You can see the photo of that comparison here. More images are below.

Pictures of the a seemingly legit complete teardown of the Nintendo Switch has been leaked on a Chinese forum today. They are all below, for your visual pleasure:

3e7ZUJe.jpg
3W38cvj.jpg
7zi7pgO.jpg
8Gu53th.jpg
a9SSiij.jpg
Cuq9loV.jpg
F84CGxe.jpg
fOu5Nkw.jpg
fYyyj5E.jpg
lmoJOJ9.jpg
RGR3PZY.jpg
Uz8yQtj.jpg

Looks like more than one lucky buyer got his/her order before the scheduled release date! :)

Special thanks to @Mr Objection for pointing this out to us! :yay:

:arrow: SOURCE

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This does not match the Foxconn leak with battery size, which matches info from spec on Nintendo JP and GB site.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone translate this?

2de4d61373f08202819921ab42fbfbedaa641b4e.jpg

af81be389b504fc2a4330091ecdde71191ef6d61.jpg
The 4310mA of the battery matches tho
The pics above does not.
Then the translation with some comments.
First the cuda cores seem pretty low and it was contributed mostly by clock. Second it should have performance around 750 ti when docked.
Battery is only 2780mhA, which does not match those on Nintendo site. They also said 75mha will does not match 500+ from Foxconn leak. Then there is mha which should be mAh (mille-amp Hour under 5V).
They even said it's barely faster than PSV which is absolute BS(since it experience frame drop as a handheld with a terribly optimized game, cause companies like Bandai still have no clue about HD gaming). Though it could be the dev kit from June 2016 than the newly produced unit on Foxconn leak. However, the console is extremely responsive.
Upon hitting 70C the unit will shut down and wait 2 minutes for cooling.
And there is an audio chip in the dock and a speaker jack, but not 5.1.

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The pics above does not.
Then the translation with some comments.
First the cuda cores seem pretty low and it was contributed mostly by clock. Second it should have performance around 750 ti when docked.
Battery is only 2780mhA, which does not match those on Nintendo site. They also said 75mha will does not match 500+ from Foxconn leak. Then there is mha which should be mAh (mille-amp Hour under 5V).
They even said it's barely faster than PSV which is absolute BS(since it experience frame drop as a handheld with a terribly optimized game, cause companies like Bandai still have no clue about HD gaming). Though it could be the dev kit from June 2016 than the newly produced unit on Foxconn leak. However, the console is extremely responsive.
Upon hitting 70C the unit will shut down and wait 2 minutes for cooling.
And there is an audio chip in the dock and a speaker jack, but not 5.1.

Mmm, I think that it is pure BS. thanks for the translation.

Last edited by Mr Objection,

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
But that is different, I want to know The translation of the other 2 pictures.
A very rough translation of the 4th pic by myself, there might be mistakes as translation isn't my best strength:
Nintendo Switch's GPU is much weaker than the GTX1050 and slightly less powerful than a 960M

An unnamed Japanese multiplayer game runs at 30-45fps on 1080p while docked, 25-30fps at a much lower (unspecified) resolution when undocked, the PS4 version of the same game runs at 1080p60.

Graphics performance while docked is around 50-70% that of PS4, if undocked it's on par with a PS Vita.

Thanks to the low amount of CUDA cores the clock speed and voltage can change dramatically depending on docking state

System memory is very limited, raw bandwidth is unimpressive but latency is very low.

The screen is pretty good according to OP, no ghosting and colour gamut/brightness are excellent but his unit has backlight leakage problems.

Battery is rated at 2650mah(min)/2780mah(max), manufactured in Guangzhou, China. Last around 2 hours while undocked

Surroundsound audio is only available while docked
[/qoute]
edit: ninja'd

Last edited by lefthandsword,
Reactions: Reecey and MG4M3R

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A very rough translation of the 4th pic by myself, there might be mistakes as translation isn't my best strength:

edit: ninja'd

So maybe the info from the japan guys is the dev unit/kit Nintendo originally gave out and i would assume, botw was created with, before capcom spoke up. I willing to bet besides more ram, developers probably requested a slightly more power dev kit overall plus a better battery

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Japanese Dev that can keep up with the west in terms of graphic. Nintendo, Platinum games, Capcom, Kanomi, some studios from Square Enix like Bravery's dev team and of course western team, and that's all I can think of. Hell even small indies are better than Namco, who have problem with utilizing PS3.

Reactions: DrkBeam

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Japanese Dev that can keep up with the west in terms of graphic. Nintendo, Platinum games, Capcom, Kanomi, some studios from Square Enix like Bravery's dev team and of course western team, and that's all I can think of. Hell even small indies are better than Namco, who have problem with utilizing PS3.
But ps3 has a very difficult arquitecture, that is why they had problems. Look at bayonetta 1 for ps3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...