Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.2 released, Atmosphere 1.5.2 update available which adds USB file transfer

banner.png

With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here.

:arrow: Source

Renault5turbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello! i have a problem with my switch, i use Deep Sea packet, and works fine, for error i update my switch at 16.0.2 with original nintendo update:cry:.......i think no problem, i shotdown my switch, and with daybreak i downgrade the firmware.....but the problem is Tegrarcmgui, i attached the switch with rcm loader but the switch automatically start in original firmware and is not possible to inject paylod and start custom firmware with 16.0.2:sad:.....how can I do?

rob61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get latest DBI to work under latest Windows 10 21H2 update? I have it connected, tried USB 3 and USB 2 sockets. I updated Windows to latest 21H2. I turned off the firewall and disabled the "security" settings. Is there a change in Windows update that prevents this program from communicating? The program runs "Waiting for switch..." but the Switch never connects or finds the file.
UPDATE... Not sure why, but I can use DBI, choose "Run MTP responder", then I can "drop" the file into the Switch > 5:MicroSD install folder.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they would update finalburn for newer firmware. I think you need to be running version 10 or something in order to still be able to use it.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just update my Switch to OFW 16.0.2 along with AMS 1.5.2 and Sigpatches. Everything seemed to be working correctly. The new USB File Transfer app Haze is easy to use.

MissionControl v0.9.1 has been updated to support Sony's Dualshock 3. I was able to connect both my Dualshock 3 and Dualshock 4 controllers wirelessly using MissionControl v0.9.1.

Last edited by Tomtani1,
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daybreak Show Error 0x00234a02 with the firm 16.0.2 from this github, any other source please?
I installed OFW 16.0.2 from the THZoria NX_Firmware Github page. I used Daybreak and the OFW 16.0.2 checked out just fine thus allowing me to continue with the OFW 16.0.2 upgrade.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing. If you use Mission Control so you can use non-Nintendo controllers without using a dongle, wait to update until they update their app. I've forgotten about that twice now, and I always freak out when the system won't boot, until I remember that this is the culprit.
MissionControl v0.9.1 has been updated to support Sony's Dualshock 3. I was able to connect both my Dualshock 3 and Dualshock 4 controllers wirelessly using MissionControl v0.9.1.

MissionControl v0.9.1 works with OFW 16.0.2 and AMS 1.5.2.

• Love

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just update my Switch to OFW 16.0.2 along with AMS 1.5.2 and Sigpatches. Everything seemed to be working correctly. The new USB File Transfer app Haze is easy to use.

mission control, update...dualshock 3. I've been waiting for this moment lol. glad i checked the temp

Cellsplitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can anyone confirm whether or not the latest Atmosphere update may have broken USB controller support?
I've been using the Retro Defender controller on my Switch before without any problems but now it doesn't work at all.
The "Pro Controller Wired Communication" is set to ON of course so that is not the issue here.

What's odd is that it's working just fine on OFW which made me wonder if it's an Atmosphere issue.

braska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've been using the NX-USB Loader. It's amazing. Works great with Awoo Installer, and as long as you aren't trying to queue up a dozen games, it works every time with no failures. Just another option for Windows users.
Are you using Awoo with fw 16.0.2 and Atmosphere 1.5.2?
I'm trying to install by usb but it fails everytime :/
I have installed latest sigpatches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch