Nintendo Switch can't Operate Properly in Global Warming World

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
this year is the very hot, the hottest that ever was. Next year will be worse... than worse in the following year until the OP will not be able to play his Nintendo outside for good.
So the Sun is trying to kill our Nintendo ?

Oh no...

Breaking News - It's summer and it's hot. If you recall last year in summer it was also hot and next summer it'll also be hot. Weird, eh?
So if I think it is worse, I'm a puss in the boots and a pansy.Makes sense.
Thermometers are liars anyways.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
This is an issue that plagues every single electronic in the world. Valve said the same about the Deck.

This is a particularly hot year and yes, global warming is a thing and you better be prepared for it. Downvolt your CPUs and GPUs and take the performance hit until autumn comes. It's better than prematurely burning your components.

Regarding the Switch, get a better fan and repaste the shit out of it with a GOOD thermal compound, that should ease its thermal issues a bit.

For us south-europeans this isn't new, in Andalusia you NEED to take a certain amount of measures when summer gets close.

Reactions: aoikurayami

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP

case closed, it shut itself down around 66 degrees, so global warming needs to get extremely bad to be a switch problem.

Also, before anyone asks, laws of nature apply to Texas. You will be shocked to learn, but it is not a place different of any other.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the ridiculous dumbass climate deniers
FB_IMG_1658404136689.jpg

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
That's not a big enough sample size to even be considered a scientific observation. Nice try.

So you're telling me that the only temperature readings we have dating back decades aren't good enough then why are they used to decide the climate and to judge climate changes impact. You can't have it both ways. The data is there, if you look back decades you will find temperatures around the same as we are seeing now on various years past. This sensationalist bullshit from the media happens every single summer ... I've been reading the same crap for over 40 years on a yearly basis.

THE SKY IS FALLING .... WAAAAAHHH

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
@JonhathonBaxster Not only is it important to look back farther than "decades," but even if you only look at the last few "decades," the climate is warming because of our greenhouse gas emissions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change
I want 100 of your ava with this comment and "not amused" sent to whomever it may concern

So you're telling me that the only temperature readings we have dating back decades aren't good enough then why are they used to decide the climate and to judge climate changes impact. You can't have it both ways. The data is there, if you look back decades you will find temperatures around the same as we are seeing now on various years past. This sensationalist bullshit from the media happens every single summer ... I've been reading the same crap for over 40 years on a yearly basis.

THE SKY IS FALLING .... WAAAAAHHH
And you are telling me that this years temperatures are "like a refreshing spring breeze to you" ?

Do your relatives by any chance look like this ?

Untitled372_20220723103348.png

Last edited by aoikurayami,
Reactions: hippy dave

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to play portable consoles outside in a lot of places.
Most annoying would be sun glare at Switch screen, so you cannot see the screen at all.

Shade does help but still too bright and unlike iPhone, Switch doesn't have powerful brightness setting.

I played Switch outside when outside was 90 degrees in the south (hot and humid) but not much issue.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Nintendo says switch can't last in 95 degree fareinheight temperature without putting itself to sleep.

With recent global warming and temperatures rising many hardware devices can't work properly in newer hotter world. They'll need to be used inside cooler indoors. But this kills portability of using Switch outdoors or when you're out and about.

I had a phone that couldn't load any apps, no GPS apps, no YouTube apps, nothing would open because it was reporting that it was overheating when I was using it outdoors. This seems like a real issue.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-...68252?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab
BS since i live in a tropical island use the switch and there has been no issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl