Homebrew Nintendo now has a 3DS bug bounty page open

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this means the Nintendo NX is based on the 3DS??
Why else would they need to know this stuff?? ...the 3DS is dead, and has been exploited to crap.
I was actually thinking this too, that maybe the switch will have some connection to 3ds in terms of software.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I hope they get something on the blocking piracy end.
I'd hate it if future systems get piracy available too soon. Only would be acceptable after the system had died in my book.
Honestly it probably will. 3ds took till FW 4.5, which was pretty early. The switch will again prolly start with GW again tho. Like most ninty consoles. We shit on them lots, but we have to give them some credit for technically creating the first cfw on 3ds...

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
notice they don't give a fuck about the wiiu :lol:
Why would they? They've already prematurely ended production, there's little to nothing to be gained from it for them at this point. Only major game worth mentioning still coming out is Breath of the Wild, after that the platform's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find this hilarious of a big company at a prestigious level dropping 20 grand b/c they cant stop Homebrew
which is pretty much the main source of exploiting their consoles since the Wii. Instead of a bounty they need to actually "Hire" a few hackers like Sony has done

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find this hilarious of a big company at a prestigious level dropping 20 grand b/c they cant stop Homebrew
which is pretty much the main source of exploiting their consoles since the Wii. Instead of a bounty they need to actually "Hire" a few hackers like Sony has done
Or better yet, stop cutting back security funds, and use that money you got for region locking to help another region rather then leaving japan to hog the sales:blink:

Last edited by Sketchy1,
Reactions: ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
McNugger!

It's a joke

e3ec159c0b34d209b500f8814844435b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ManuelKoegler,