Hardware Nintendo needs a 3DS lite.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish at launch they'd release a couple different systems to satiate many crowds, like a 3DS XL for those who want a large screen and possibly better speakers, a regular for those who can't take the size of an XL and want a smaller portable 3DS, a 3DS with different placements for the stylus and/or slider pad, etc.
That would have costed Nintendo a lot of money. I don't think any company in their right mind would even attempt something like this.

D

Deleted User

Seriously, the bulky disgusting contraption that they've made to put on the 3DS defeats the purpose of a portable console. It pains me to see all the great games coming out for 3DS like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart because the current 3DS is so flawed. Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the gimmicky 3D and just wants to play awesome, portable games? The answer has to be a 3DS lite. Any opinions?
jellydonuts needs *a life* and *a dose of anti-troll medicine*

Reactions: 2 people

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish at launch they'd release a couple different systems to satiate many crowds, like a 3DS XL for those who want a large screen and possibly better speakers, a regular for those who can't take the size of an XL and want a smaller portable 3DS, a 3DS with different placements for the stylus and/or slider pad, etc.
That would have costed Nintendo a lot of money. I don't think any company in their right mind would even attempt something like this.
Yeah, it's a dream that will never happen.

Reactions: 1 person

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's a dream that will never happen.
Oh, a dream. Fuck yeah, I wish this would happen.

Tony Jones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe they could improve the design of the 3DS when the systems closed, as I've heard cases were when the 3DS is being moved around (perhaps the person is walking with 3DS in pocket) the 2 screens to rub against each other and leave scratches after a while.

D

Dork

The 3DS is about the size of a DS Lite. Don't even try to convince me that isn't portable.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally never had that screen scratches problem, but I guess they could lift it up just in case.
For me, 3d adds to game, in one way or another, and prefer not to game in that gimmicky ( :tpi:) 2d.
In other words, it more than a gimmick to me.

That second slide pad is not needed and won't devalue any game experience.

If we get a revise 3ds(in two years would be fine), I want a XL.

Everything else I may want can be done by software...

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If they do, I'll scream. Maybe not literally, but even with the bulky piece of crap expansion slide pad thing, I don't want to have an inferior console right from the get-go. That'd be total bullshit. Sure, I'd like an integrated second circle pad instead, but at least allow time for the 3DS transfer feature to come out so that I can take mine back, get a new model, and transfer my old data, there-by ripping off the shop that ripped me off in the first place (another story).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The slider pad is OPTIONAL. People may say without it games will be not enjoyable but the most important part is that it is OPTIONAL. Nintendo isn't going to stuff this in your asses.

I'd say no way to a lite. The 3DS is already very small - about the same as a DS Lite. If you had opened up a 3DS before, you'll see how much things are there in such a mini console. There is absolutely no space for a second slidepad. At most a revision might be the 3DS XL or something similar.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW I cannot believe someone actually believes that the 3DS is better than the PS Vita. Anyway, I am glad this thread popped up. Nintendo must make a 3DS lite. The slide pad is going to end up like the Wii motion Plus. A giant pain in the ass. Just build the damn thing into the portable.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTH is with these 3DS lite topics, the size of the 3DS is the same as the DSL. If they made it any smaller it'd be a micro and I'm sure most of know how bad that thing failed. If there were topic for a 3DS XL I'd jump on the band wagon, but a smaller version of the system.....not gonna happen. Hell they even said they have no intentions for a design change at least for a 2 years. Exactly how much "lite" can the 3DS get?

Another thing, you don't have to use the attachment nor will be required. That's like me using my Wheel attachment to play Mario Kart. Technically, it works but it' could make game play much harder or easier, in the end I don't have to use it. And stop knocking the 3D effect, the style used in the 3DS is same style used in all the movies that have come out this year and will come out. The movies don't use better 3D or more screen popping 3D. The best "out of screen" 3D in movies is right before the movies starts when the letters fly out of the screen. So since the level of 3D on the 3DS is the standard and it's a Ninty product you should be impressed that they kept the status quo.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you ask me, what they really need is a 3DS XL!
Better battery, big screens, room for the second slider pad and shoulder buttons.

But when I think about it, the 3D effect may not work as intended if the screen was considerably bigger.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
But when I think about it, the 3D effect may not work as intended if the screen was considerably bigger.
A few mobile phones like the LG Optimus 3D or HTC Evo 3D have a 4.3'' screen that uses the same tech as the 3DS. It would be possible to have, say, a 5'' screen on a 3DS XL (although the 4.3'' screen would be more likely since it's already being manufactured).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
A few mobile phones like the LG Optimus 3D or HTC Evo 3D have a 4.3'' screen that uses the same tech as the 3DS. It would be possible to have, say, a 5'' screen on a 3DS XL (although the 4.3'' screen would be more likely since it's already being manufactured).
I've tried LG Opti, and the 3D is horrible. Not in terms of whether the 3D is there or not. It is there, but at 800 by 480, the display looks awfully pixelated.

A 3DS Lite is impossible (but a 3DS 'Pro' is possible - same built but better hardware) because the 3DS is already very small. I'd prefer a 3DS XL though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153