Tibor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I've just recently noticed that it's pretty much impossible to buy RCM Loaders anymore. I believe Nintendo is cracking down on those. Before they were available for purchase on amazon or aliexpress but not anymore. Does anyone have any news on that?
I'm curious

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I've just recently noticed that it's pretty much impossible to buy RCM Loaders anymore. I believe Nintendo is cracking down on those. Before they were available for purchase on amazon or aliexpress but not anymore. Does anyone have any news on that?
I'm curious

There's loads on aliexpress?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,

there is at least 10-15 resellers on aliexpress right now...3-4 on amazon.fr (but nothing on amazon.com, you're right).
No, Nintendo is not cracking down on those ;)

EDIT : whoops, too late, didn't see other answers

Tibor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im talking about the loaders not the jigs itself. I've just checked ali express and there's only one person at the moment selling the rcm loader. There were about 20, 3 weeks ago when I checked last time. So Nintendo is definitely cracking down on those. Amazon sellers are gone and even in offerup if I type in rcm loader for sale it won't let me ship the item (if I remove the word rcm loader) it allows me to ship.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im talking about the loaders not the jigs itself. I've just checked ali express and there's only one person at the moment selling the rcm loader. There were about 20, 3 weeks ago when I checked last time. So Nintendo is definitely cracking down on those. Amazon sellers are gone and even in offerup if I type in rcm loader for sale it won't let me ship the item (if I remove the word rcm loader) it allows me to ship.

we exactly know what you are talking about...and there is at least 15 resellers...right now...on aliexpress

no, Nintendo is not cracking down on it...

1677920702827.png

1677920725127.png

ps : and do you really think that Nintendo would crack down RCMLoader when we can basically find HWFLy chips for all Switch models (on aliexpress). That's nonsense

Reactions: SylverReZ

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

We know you mean the loader, a quick search on ali finds at least 15 sellers as mentioned above. Here is just a few random ones

£14.35 | V5 RCM Loader Auto Clip Jig Tool Dongle Kit Compatible Nintendo Switch NS Compatible Nintendo Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPZwRyw

£10.58 41%OFF | Original V5 RCM Loader Auto Clip Jig Tool For Nintendo Switch NS Console With USB Cable For Nintendo Game Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPQzxpy

£10.78 30%OFF | V5 RCM Loader Auto Clip Jig Tool Dongle Kit Compatible Nintendo Switch NS Compatible Nintendo Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLxrRYw

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
why were they taken down on amazon and other websites like offerup?

My guess would be either:
1) The sellers don’t like selling on there e.g. Fees
2) Amazon being an American company is more likely to be weary of potential legal issues

Note: these devices are still being sold on ebay.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why were they taken down on amazon and other websites like offerup?
Amazon is different they are pretty good at removing items that violate their TOS in someway

I used to buy stuff to clean my bongs and over time I found less and less sellers

Now as for offerup? That depends on the wording the seller uses, and is also highly affected by your local community.

Facebook, offer up, let’s go, and eBay flag sales too if they can see it’s for piracy

For example try and list a “jailbroken” item on any of those sites. it can be anything even a toaster. It will eventually get flagged after a few days

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey guys,

I'm curious
I think also the profit margins aren't high enough any longer.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo was cracking down on them. there was a news item on here about it. I think it may have been USA only though, so I bought one without knowing what it does or even having a hacked switch.

• Haha
Reactions: binkinator

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're still around. You just need to search various keywords like "NS" or "RCM" on eBay or AliExpress and you will find it. They change the names around to stop Nintendo from taking them down.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see how it can be frustrating that NoA is on a warpath. I'm legit, and even I'm sick of it. I no longer buy Nintendo games unless you have no choice (exclusives). I buy mostly on the ps5 now. better versions of games in nearly every case. playing symphonia now, and there are some issues with the ps4 version, but the switch version is a disaster from what I've heard. worst version ever for the game, they say. I kinda wish I had bought vesperia for the ps5, but that was a long time ago.

Clyxos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we exactly know what you are talking about...and there is at least 15 resellers...right now...on aliexpress

View attachment 356985

View attachment 356986

ps : and do you really think that Nintendo would crack down RCMLoader when we can basically find HWFLy chips for all Switch models (on aliexpress). That's nonsense
This is coming from america, which yes they are taking down llistings.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 356985

View attachment 356986

This is coming from america, which yes they are taking down llistings.

Also wanted to add that I can only find 2 modchip listings on ebay now. There used to be 50

Last edited by Clyxos,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1