Nintendo has taken down the Link's Awakening fan remake

IMG_20231215_075251_847.jpg

Unsurprisingly, Nintendo of America has gone after the Link's Awakening DX HD fan project, less than a day after the fangame gained publicity online. Once hosted on Itch.io, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX HD has been removed from the platform, following a DMCA takedown from Nintendo. The notice, shown below, cites copyright infringement for uploading a fully playable version of a Nintendo game. The Link's Awakening fangame was uploaded only after it was completed, though, meaning a backup likely still lurks somewhere on the internet.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am an authorized representative of Nintendo of America Inc., owner of the following copyrighted material:

PA0002212311 (The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening) and PA0000772666 (Legend of Zelda : Link's awakening (Game Boy version).

It has come to our attention that the following game, https://linksawakeningdxhd.itch.io/links-awakening-dx-hd, offered on Itch.io infringes and makes unauthorized use of Nintendo’s copyrights in The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening video game.

For additional information visit Nintendo’s website at the following URLs:

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/game-boy-nintendo-switch-online-switc...

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-s...

Please act expeditiously to remove the download and information page for the infringing game.

I have a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law. The information provided in the notice is accurate, and I swear under penalty of perjury that I am authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the intellectual property owner.

Sincerely,

Nintendo Legal

Nintendo of America Inc.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Found it already, downloaded because this is just bullshit, Ninty.

Personal feelings aside, they did what they “had” to. Unfortunately, I don’t believe it’s all they could do.

Last edited by Kioku,

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell did they even use itch?

Uploading stuff like this is not recommened by Itch, it is also on the website's T&C:

View attachment 408907

I'm surprised it lasted long enough to be released (no idea how long it was up on itch, but I've seen stuff swiftly removed that usually involved any type of copyright).
I Wonder where Itch.io is hosted?
The bullying and harassing part I can understand, but it can be used falsely by weak sauce crybabies to harass people to satisfy their tender, limp feelings.
The """hate speech and hate crimes"" part is bollocks. Hate speech is a rather ill-defined vague term that can be used to shut people up for saying things the mods or admins, or whoever, don't like. "We don't tolerate intolerance" is bullshit nonsense.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
people think i am making a joke every time i mention the DMCA but i am dead serious every single time because i know what these c****s are like now! you make anything fanmade with mario, metroid or zelda in it and it's going down 100%

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
people think i am making a joke every time i mention the DMCA but i am dead serious every single time because i know what these c****s are like now! you make anything fanmade with mario, metroid or zelda in it and it's going down 100%
Japanese copyright is more strict than the US so.... and they don't want an open license like Tohou and Sonic

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So by every time, you mean absolutely never. Why do you keep posting this self hype trash? Pretty much everyone already knows about Nintendo and how they handle things like this. Again, you're not special. or providing ANYTHING the majority didn't already know. Here you are again acting like no one else but you was aware. :lol:

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So by everyone, you mean absolutely no one. Why do you keep posting this self hype trash? Pretty much everyone already knows about Nintendo and how they handle things like this. Again, you're not special. or providing ANYTHING the majority didn't already know. Here you are again acting like no one else but you was aware. :lol:
:rofl2: this guy is hilarious

Reactions: RedColoredStars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...