Nintendo Direct Sept 13, 2017 Coverage

Prepare your popcorn and hype trains, as Nintendo has a Nintendo Direct planned, for Wednesday, September 13, at 3PM PT/6PM ET. It'll be 45 minutes long, and will focus on new games coming to the Switch and 3DS, as well as some new details on Super Mario Odyssey. GBAtemp will be covering the event when it goes live, so stay tuned!

:arrow: Catch it, here

UPDATE: Get ready, cuz we're counting down! 30 minutes until the direct!

Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon showing
- Two new forms for legendary Pokémons
- New map areas
- New looks to characters + more
- Lycanroc Dusk Form if you pre-order
- Completely new Pokémon
- November 17
September 22 PKMN Gold and Silver
- Celebi if you buy early

November 3, new Poké Ball N3DSXL

Mario and Luigi superstar saga remake for 3DS
- Some Amiibo support

New Kirby game, Battle Royale for the 3DS
- Copy Ability poll kirby.nintendo.com/poll

Yo-Kai Watch 2 ultimate version 3DS
- Free update for owners of other versions
- New bosses

New Layton game for the 3DS on October 6

Minecraft for N3DS exclusively released TODAY, physical version later.

New Mario Party for the 3DS, with the 100 best mini games from all previous console versions.

Metroid: Samus Returns is released in just a couple of days, September 15! (read our review here: http://gbatemp.net/review/metroid-samus-returns.648/ )

Atlus stuff!
The Alliance Alive
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey REDUX
new Etrian Odyssey
Radiant Historia Early 2018

Apollo Justice: ace attorney September 2017
Fire emblem warriors releases October 20

October 6 new orange N2DS

Now Switch news!

Xenoblade Chronicles 2. A cinematic trailer!
More XC2 background information.
Released December 1st!
Special edition as well, with soundtrack and art book
Special pro controller.

Splatoon2.
Some new stages, a new weapon.
9/15 one new stage.

Fire Emblem Warriors for Switch
Lin from the GBA game available.
October 20, + Special Edition + Amiibo

New content for Snipper Clips, both digitally and physical.
Snipperclips plus. November 10
As DLC for current owners of the game

Morphies Law, coming winter 2017

Rocket League with some Switch exclusive stuff, including local multiplayer.
Releases this holiday season

Arena of Valor, a MOBA for the Switch.
Free BETA this winter!

Skyrim for the Switch yo! Play anywhere.
Some Switch exclusive content. Amiibo gives you armor and stuff, but you can also find them within the game.
November 17!

"Mature" games for the Swtich!
DOOM this holiday! for the Switch!
Wolfenstein II in 2018.

New free update for flip wars, available now.

Nintendo's old classic arcade games are coming to the Switch. Arcade Archives

Zelda news!
New Amiibo september 10th

NBA 2K18, October 17 Retail
WWE coming soon
Fifa 18 comes September 29th.

Pokkén Tournament DX releases on September 22nd, demo out now.

Project Octopath Traveler.
A Nintendo Switch exclusive RPG from Square Enix!
-HD-2D
-Different interactions with different characters; the warrior can challenge most people, the dancer can allure others into -follwing her, for example.
- Demo later today!!!
- Survey for feedback
- release 2018

New ARMS update
- Ver 3
- New character Lola Pop
- 3 new arms
- now you can remap the controls.
- Available today!

Dragon Quest Builders comes to the SWITCH!!
- Minecr... uhm.. Dragon Quest Builders is coming Spring 2018!

Kirby Star Allies for the Switch
- Spring 2018

Downloadable stuff in the eshop

Steamworld Dig 2 September
Golf Story September
Nine Parchments this Holiday
Battle Chef Brigade this Holiday
Tiny Metal
Super Meat Boy Forever 2018
Lost Sphear January 23rd 2018
Sonic Forces November 7th
Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 November 28th
L.A. Noire with exclusive Switch content and play styles, November 14th

Mario Odyssey!
Traveling through the worlds on a ship.
Collect-a-thon levels of stars moons to find!
Hat store, to buy with coins.
A lot of stuff to collect.
Freeze time and spin the camera around to take pictures... or have a look around.
Pauline sings! First time a Mario song has lyrics... and the first time Pauline speaks I suppose!
Wedding Amiibos.
Released October 27th.
Special edition Switch hardware released too.

And that's it folks! Thanks for hanging around!

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Doom
Wolfenstein II

Were the big shockers for me. Oh and i dont really like the look of that Project Ocotopath game, not my kind of game tbh.

The games that i am hyped for that have been announced so far are:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Mario Odessy
Doom
Wolfenstein II
La Noire
Resident Evil Revelations Duology
And Sonic Forces

My only hope is that the Switch receives the full versions of 3rd party games and none of that crap we were served last gen where the port of a game on systems such as the Vita would have missing features like no campaign or something important missing. If you cant give me the full version of a product or something that improves upon the existing IP like new features (prime example MK8) dont give me it at all. Rant over

But so far 3rd party support is looking good. Lets hope these games do well and bring in more devs and more IPs to the switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also wanted to point out from the jap direct something I find funny for danganropa or attack on titan fans.View attachment 98659

What is that game called?

Free, but micro-transactions. I'm still hyped....even if @Chary isn't hyped enough to mention it in OP :sad:.

This is probably what Square probably wants to do with FF XIV, is what i am guessing. I dont mind having both PS02 and FF XIV and any other good MMO on the Switch via cloud streaming BUT as long as they include some form of subscription deals etc... OR they could create a Free to play option as soon as the games launch or implement existing Free to play plans for the switch too once the MMO is released onto it.

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm, what did they do with the german release? iirc there won't be any nazi's or reference to nazi's due to certain laws for the gemran release but I'm not sure what else is different

They call the Nazis "the Regime" and all symbols pointing to the Third Reich are altered. I haven't played any Wolfenstein since the early Wolfenstein II (which has been stripped of Hitler paintings and Swastikas), but I read that in The New Order there's a concentration camp scene, that seems to have been cut as well.

So, yeah, the difference is there. :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo's just a taster for how it controls and the basics though, what I'm talking about is this open ended nature and whether it'll work or not in the final game.. if they nail it and give us a great story then fantastic, but if not we'll probably all be a bit disappointed about how it didn't quite work and how a more linear storyline would've been better.
Like I say though, looks really good so far, and that's after trying the demo out earlier. ;)
It dies have some openness to it as it's not really forcing you to go certain ways. Like in the warrior's demo, after beating the bandits you could travel to the desert town and recruit primrose or go a different route like through the path, East (though the demo wouldn't let you). There's also that shrine you could enter on the cobblestone mountain.

Reactions: mightymuffy
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
and is Mario Odyssey using Nvidia´s Ansel?
No, I don't think it's Ansel, because Ansel's biggest feature is 130K(!) resolution pictures. They could very well just have programmed their own photo mode.

But you do remind me that they're using Nvidia hardware, and so it'd be cool if Nvidia got some of their proprietary tech like GameWorks running on there.

WOW more OLD games who gives a shit!
Actually a lot of people, because people are really liking the system's portability. I predict Skyrim on Switch will sell a hefty sum of units from people who want to play through it again on the go. Don't underestimate the system's portability as a major selling point for any ports that come onto it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is Wolfenstein II (the new Bethesda one) old when it isn't even out on other consoles iirc?

Yeah, a 2017 and 2018 game are really old, huh? :lol: He's just salty someone pissed in his cereal during the Direct the other day.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly certain the German laws only prevent the Nazis from being portrayed in a trivialized/positive light. If they're the antagonists and at least attempt to give reverence to historical accuracy in terms of how awful they we're, I think it'll fly
it's having to be historically correct that I know of
They call the Nazis "the Regime" and all symbols pointing to the Third Reich are altered. I haven't played any Wolfenstein since the early Wolfenstein II (which has been stripped of Hitler paintings and Swastikas), but I read that in The New Order there's a concentration camp scene, that seems to have been cut as well.

So, yeah, the difference is there. :)
dang, what would they do to you if you did somehow get the uncensored version in?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I didn't expect (or want) anything like Doom on the Switch. It's cool, though. I could see myself buying one of those shooters, if they support gyro aiming. Other than that every support is good support. Except when it's Night Trap. :,D

Oh, and one more thing:
*Wolfenstein
Please don't rape my native language. Thanks. :)
Yeah, no one was going to crazy over night trap in my opinion back in the 90's or something I think. Or when computers were still pretty new for the time,

A new port of the game was actually going to be on the Switch to, but it was apparently declined release for some reason by Nintendo. Which is kind of weird thinking about it since they allow easy acsess to put games on Nintendo eShop.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no one was going to crazy over night trap in my opinion back in the 90's or something I think. Or when computers were still pretty new for the time,

A new port of the game was actually going to be on the Switch to, but it was apparently declined release for some reason by Nintendo. Which is kind of weird thinking about it since they allow easy acsess to put games on Nintendo eShop.
like doom, and that shit is on ultra violent levels

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like doom, and that shit is on ultra violent levels
Depends on preference I guess, I don't know why i'm a huge sucker for over the top video games, action games, or ones that give off stress and/or worry in some cases. like F-Zero GX, Smash Bros, DOOM (Classic & modern.), Quake, Twisted Metal, Minecraft, in some cases Terraria ... That give you a certain level of stress or satisfaction after pulling something off, The opposite of that spectrum in my opinion would be games that rely on fear like Five Nights at Freddy's where the game has emphasizes on mostly scaring people in order to make them stress in comparison to trying to survive or brutally killing things.

I have played a lot of action minecraft PvP games as a early teen on the Hypixel network to, which partially sparked my interest in stress inducing games normally. The amount of tactics, speed, and mental thinking really make you feel like your actually contributing to something in the game. (Of course when its not something like Mario Kart or intentionally a mini game focused on casual play.) Not everyone might not feel that way but if you want to actually be good and take on the top players then yes its a very tense mini game server to play on in comparison to Mineplex which has the same focus as Hypixel but more focused on casual gaming or more user friendly content.

As far as the violence goes, DOOM is a step up from most games imo, I know some people might prefer seeing the bloody mess going in turmoil, while some people may not want to hear the screams or some of the ridiculous loud noise, and some may prefer a complete clean experience of the game (no blood or gore but still appreciate the game for what it is.) Hypixel kind of had those same vibes going for it to where the game intentionally "clicks" with what people see, the first time I played one mini game (survivial games.) I got a axe and tried chopping a tree assuming it was regular minecraft survival, after realizing its a game based off of killing people brutally with axes, bows, fire, and items in order to survive and be the last one living. That's when it clicked that "oh, that's what this is about." and some animations showed some hefty violence about the mini games on the server in order to give some vibes off the server, the server was also partially inspired from some stuff like movies afaik similar to Rambo, and games like Quake. (I don't know every single reference the server references. But most could probably easily be figured out.)

I'd play DOOM as a happy camper, imo reguardless of the mindless shooting, well I wouldn't play it every single day or my eyeballs would barf, but I would play it once in awhile from time to time, or on the go when appropriate.

Does that sound kind of insane, well maybe :ninja:, but to me in a video game, not really. Unless its violence intentionally to inflict pain or suffering like in the Mortal Kombat "Grave yard" area.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dang, what would they do to you if you did somehow get the uncensored version in?

Here in Germany, you will be tortured with the worst thing they cut out of the game you were playing uncut. :O

Jk, you won't suffer any consequences. Indexed games are just not allowed to be sold freely or advertised over here. You can still import other versions (like the Austrian one that often comes uncut with a German language option).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    $1000+
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google the laptops graphic chip for games streaming more then likely benched on YouTube
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    That's a lot of money.
    I can pay it, but I'd rather eat better.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just eat floor crumbs
    Juan's floor crumbs were always rat fur
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Change from real cheese, to government cheese, you'll save some money.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: But it's degrading and disgusting.