Nintendo Direct Sept 13, 2017 Coverage

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Chary, Sep 11, 2017.

1. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Oh hey I almost forgot about Morphie's Law, that one looks really interesting

Xabring and Xzi like this.

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I honestly wasn't expecting DOOM or Wolfenstine to be on the console. It looks neat :P

Definitely going to pick up DOOM, Wolfenstine, LA Noire, Mario Oddesy & Pokken Tournament once the games release at some point (and hopefully aren't $59.99 a pop :( ) Really looking forward for the new games coming out. Minecraft for the New 3ds was a pretty good surprise as well.

Although one thing bugs me, why does Mario Oddesy in a way give me that Little Big Planet story mode vibe :unsure:. No offense but it looks kind of like the pod, that's just me though.

3. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Would love to see where we were told about the unannounced squenix game. We were told one was in development but knew nothing else.

Would also like sources for Doom/Wolfenstein and Minecraft N3DS... I mean we already knew about em apparently. So, it couldn't be hard to give sources to back it up. :rolleyes:

4. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Umm... We saw Octopath Traveler all the way back during the Switch presentation in January. We knew this was coming.

chartube12 likes this.
  5. ZoneBlaze

ZoneBlaze GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, but you have to take his comment on context. He was replying to some cynic who stated there was nothing new announced, when in fact there was a ton of games announced during this direct. We got a demo for octopath which is really enjoyable, announcements for Doom and Wolfenstein, new trailers for fire emblem and Mario, some info on the 4 champions amiibo, as well as two new free to play titles like the moba(can't remember name) and Phantasy Star Online 2(Japanese only).

HaloEliteLegend likes this.
  6. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    I knew that DooM was really optimized, so it makes sense it goes to the switch. BUT I HONESTLY DIDN'T EEVERRR EXPECTED IT TO COME TO IT!!!!!!!!!!
    WOOOHOOOO!!!! Thanks Bethesda! that gonna make a few splashes there an here.
    glad I resisted the urge to get it in steam......

and is Mario Odyssey using Nvidia┬┤s Ansel? Well played Nintendo. WELL PLAYED. My hat is off to you.

Minecraft on the N3DS? nah, got it already for pc, mobile and switch, NO THANKS (and I DOUBT it gets crossplay support)!

It's weird they went quick with the 3DS and took their time on Switch games.
    also, weird but cool concept on snipperclips.

HD 2D? more like, HD 2.5 and does the system feels suspiciously similar to bravery? (focusing on attack rather than defense)? I mean, it's obvious knowing where it is coming from.

wew, that's a loaded Direct, everything else well... it didn't catch my attention enough.

petethepug and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I didn't know people knew about Doom and Wolfenstein 2 being ported to the Switch beforehand. Interesting.

Xabring likes this.
  8. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Gamestop has had doom and wolfenstein on their preorder sheet since the switch launch. Only without any real context, no one knew if they were ports of the originals.

9. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2015
    Octopath Traveler, still think it's a stupid name, but atleast the game looks nice. Will download the demo later.

Definetely getting Doom, was SERIOUSLY hoping it would come to the Switch, and now it's coming, so damn happy!

Xabring likes this.
  10. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Not necessarily the final name but it makes sense, octo meaning eight and eight different characters you can play as. Eight different paths to travel.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

To be fair guys, I think an /s was implied here.

Last edited by Xzi, Sep 14, 2017
  11. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    More Mario Odyssey. Goddamn great.

Doom and Wolfenstein II on Switch, holy fucking shit.

Also, Minecraft for the 3DS is impressive. Totally not my kind of game, but impressive.

8.5 to 9/10 Direct, good job.

Last edited by Elysium420, Sep 14, 2017
    petethepug and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  12. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    I was surprised at some of the interesting Switch games being announced, Doom and Wolfenstein II. Also, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks interesting with the current preview and trailer. Now, I'm hyped for the game. Project Octopath Traveller looks like an impressive game especially from the creators of Bravely series.

13. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Project Octopath Traveller... doesn't really spill off the tongue very well does it.... I think they'll change that name! That game could go either way really - shit or bust as they say. Certainly one to keep an eye out for though!
    Mario Odyssey looking as crazy as ever! Me like.... still not totally keen on it, that will probably change once I'm playing though, as usual! Gotta get me that wedding Bowser amiibo!!
    Xenoblade I've never rated, and played both up to now, this doesn't look like it's gonna change my mind in the slightest, was glad when the video finally fukkin finished actually...(my opinion of course! I know many love the series)
    Minecraft/Doom/Wolfenstein were indeed surprises. Not sure I've an interest in any of them (will pick up Wolfenstein on PS4 or One instead) but still good to see some big titles getting ported over!
    All the smaller newsbits: too much to mention, which is a good thing - got to say there was a lot more in the Direct than I was expecting, good stuff Nintendo!

Xabring likes this.
  14. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You can play the demo now. They'd pretty much have to do a complete 180 to make it shit at this point I think, lol.

15. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    oh, shit, how did I miss the bit about an octopath demo during the direct, glad I came back for the recap o.o

Xabring likes this.
  16. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Honestly, I didn't expect (or want) anything like Doom on the Switch. It's cool, though. I could see myself buying one of those shooters, if they support gyro aiming. Other than that every support is good support. Except when it's Night Trap. :,D

Oh, and one more thing:
    *Wolfenstein
    Please don't rape my native language. Thanks. :)

petethepug likes this.
  17. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    hmm, what did they do with the german release? iirc there won't be any nazi's or reference to nazi's due to certain laws for the gemran release but I'm not sure what else is different

18. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    The demo's just a taster for how it controls and the basics though, what I'm talking about is this open ended nature and whether it'll work or not in the final game.. if they nail it and give us a great story then fantastic, but if not we'll probably all be a bit disappointed about how it didn't quite work and how a more linear storyline would've been better.
    Like I say though, looks really good so far, and that's after trying the demo out earlier. ;)

19. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'm fairly certain the German laws only prevent the Nazis from being portrayed in a trivialized/positive light. If they're the antagonists and at least attempt to give reverence to historical accuracy in terms of how awful they we're, I think it'll fly

20. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    Dat Poke Ball N2DS XL tho.

Xabring likes this.