Nintendo Direct Nov. 2nd: Animal Crossing

We almost missed it! The animal crossing ND starts in just an hour from now, 7PT and 10 Eastern.

Specifically, this Nintendo Direct briefing will focus on the upcoming "Welcome Amiibo" update for the 3DS game. As announced previously, New Leaf will add Amiibo support in December.

Source: Nintendo
:yay3ds: Tune in here on: Twitch

Direct Roundup:
Scanning amiibo Cards will let you invite villagers to visit the new RV Park feature
You can get new "exclusive RV" furniture
You can get the villagers on the amiibo cards to move into your town by scanning them and persuading them ingame
amiibo figures will bring characters into the RV park and they will also sell furniture that you can't get in the base game.
Two new minigames: Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape
amiibo camera feature lets you take pictures of your amiibo characters together
Town Initiative lets you earn MEOW coupons, which can be redeemed for special items at the RV campground
Secret Storeroom which gives you an "invisible closet" that you can access from "anywhere"
Now you can organize furniture with the touchscreen like in Happy Home Designer
Happy Home Designer furniture is available in New Leaf
Club Tortimer now lets you turn off chat for trolls online
Now you can sell your town in order to start a new game with a lot of money to begin with
Splatoon characters by scanning Splatoon amiibos, as well as Splatoon inspired furniture
Zelda characters like Wolf Link, Medli, Ganon, and Epona, and furniture
Breath of the Wild outfit

Update now available on e-Shop right now

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think this is for a new animal crossing game, just amiibo support.
i meant that we are well overdue a new full title like for the wii u what never happend not a board game either and yes this is for the amiibo and mini game ect support on the 3ds version a great update may i add :)

D

Deleted User

Now the amiibo cards I started buying for whatever reason actually have a use. So will the ACNL amiibos I was planning on buying eventually. Other than looking pretty on a shelf, that is.
Also now I have to put Luma3DS on my sister's 2DS, I was putting that off for the longest time because I'm really, really lazy.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Does someone know how can I obtain the Wisp's lamp?
I just got his lamp today. It really threw me off because someone just started shouting at me out of the blue. I guess you just find him by walking around.

How do we organize furniture like in HHD? I guess I'm just dumb but I can't figure it out.

Last edited by Joom,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tyvm i forget that alot
I just like to pretend people have a twitch and slur out some random consonants, then continue on with their sentence. Only way it doesn't make me shake my literary head.

Does someone know how can I obtain the Wisp's lamp?
My friend had to time warp forward a little bit. I'm not sure of the minimum requirements though, if you have to have a perfect town or what.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: KamiNoRyu619

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody didnt watch the video.

Almost all of the new content in this update is only accessible through Amiibos, or designed to facilitate their use. Aside from that, a new camera and lighting update (and N3DS CPU usage?) isn't enough to make me want to return to such an old and stale game. Why not add some new villager quests, some new online minigames, anything that doesn't involve dropping almost $20 on a plastic figurine! The entire update is called "Welcome Amiibo" for crying out loud!

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duping glitch seems to gone I'm told and its having issues with the powersaver I'm told too?? can anyone confirm this??

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost all of the new content in this update is only accessible through Amiibos, or designed to facilitate their use. Aside from that, a new camera and lighting update (and N3DS CPU usage?) isn't enough to make me want to return to such an old and stale game. Why not add some new villager quests, some new online minigames, anything that doesn't involve dropping almost $20 on a plastic figurine! The entire update is called "Welcome Amiibo" for crying out loud!
As far as non-amiibo content goes I enjoyed the island mini game stuff and those meow coupons.

I won't deny that you can't get far without amiibo but there's something here for everyone.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @DinohScene, "rag tag team of idiots" you mean me? :tpi:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh yeah @K3Nv2 I got that power bank in the other day, thing is pretty sweet. Seems legit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, how much did you spend? Saw it on sale for $35 yesterday tempted to grab another one
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I paid $49 for it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Which all things considered is a great price
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I took it with me to a medical appointment and the nurse was like that's a big charger :creep:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's not the only thing here that's big ;) (it's the medical bill because the US healthcare system is an absolute joke)
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: That's not the only thing here that's big ;) (it's the medical bill because the US healthcare...