Gaming Nintendo Direct Leaked Game?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool. Another non-new game I can buy for my Portendo Nintendo 3DS.

I don't get why people are bitching about this. I think it's great. Releasing games for a new generation of gamers to play them the way they were meant to be played. I love the original OoT more than anybody but even I have to admit that the graphics were kind of subpar and the gameplay was a bit choppy. And Star Fox 64 to me just sucked huge ass on it's first release, then the 3D version greatly improved on it and makes me glad I bought the game. The only other games I'd like to see made on the 3DS from the 64 era would be Mischief Makers, Goemon's Great Adventure and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. Maybe some others that aren't coming to mind right now.
I've said it before and I will say it again, Majora's Mask wouldnt really work as a portable game unless it was changed to such a degree the original gameplay would suffer

Uh... how would it not work?

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many notifications :blink:
Im sure they could fix the save system for majora and still find ways to make it fit the game well without changing much.

Thats where i'm on the fence about it, MM helped build its tension/atmosphere with its 3 day system and the save system, changing it i reckon would do more harm than good, but then again we have seen the likes of lttp with added nonsence like Link wailing everytime he uses a sword so...

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

I don't get why people are bitching about this. I think it's great. Releasing games for a new generation of gamers to play them the way they were meant to be played. I love the original OoT more than anybody but even I have to admit that the graphics were kind of subpar and the gameplay was a bit choppy. And Star Fox 64 to me just sucked huge ass on it's first release, then the 3D version greatly improved on it and makes me glad I bought the game. The only other games I'd like to see made on the 3DS from the 64 era would be Mischief Makers, Goemon's Great Adventure and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. Maybe some others that aren't coming to mind right now.
I've said it before and I will say it again, Majora's Mask wouldnt really work as a portable game unless it was changed to such a degree the original gameplay would suffer

Because the time and money they spend on this could be used to make NEW games from existing franchises. Hell, even new IP would be welcome, but I know that's not what fans want. The typical Ninetndo fan is happy surviving off of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon and their many ports and spinoffs.

I have a lot of respect for Nintendo, but shit like this is the reason why my Vita library will most likely always be larger than my 3DS library.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Because the time and money they spend on this could be used to make NEW games from existing franchises. Hell, even new IP would be welcome, but I know that's not what fans want. The typical Ninetndo fan is happy surviving off of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon and their many ports and spinoffs.

I have a lot of respect for Nintendo, but shit like this is the reason why my Vita library will most likely always be larger than my 3DS library.

Why add Metroid to that? Nintendo NEEDS to show more love to Metroid, obviously the fans want more Metroid, it's a fantastic series, that, imo, is probably better than Zelda, Kirby, and Mario.

But if they're doing remakes, than it doesn't take much time and shit especially if they have Grezzo doing the work, so really, they're just giving us things to tie us over until the new stuff comes out. Nobody likes to have a console that has shit all to play, look what happened in the first few months of the 3DS.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why anyone is complaining about a possible Zelda MM remake by Grezzo. Would you rather them make a new Zelda game and not Nintendo doing that instead?

ohno.jpg

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why anyone is complaining about a possible Zelda MM remake by Grezzo. Would you rather them make a new Zelda game and not Nintendo doing that instead?

ohno.jpg

you make it sounds like someone else besides can't do Zelda games justice....Capcom did well at them for 3 or 4 games

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

ohno.jpg

you make it sounds like someone else besides can't do Zelda games justice....Capcom did well at them for 3 or 4 games
Grezzo has made 3 games in their lifetime, one of them being the OoT remake. Capcom has made how many games prior to touching the Zelda franchise?

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ohno.jpg

Grezzo has made 3 games in their lifetime, one of them being the OoT remake. Capcom has made how many games prior to touching the Zelda franchise?

thats a bad example though, it is like saying Batman Arkham Asylum should be a crap game based on the one average game they made before. Besides where did I say anything about Grezzo making a Zelda game?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
So GBAtemp complains about a $20 TWEWY port/remake but creams itself over a possible $40 Majora's Mask remake-port?

God I hate this site.

Anyway ignore this comment, don't let me derail you.

Did you really expect any better? 90% of the people on this site think Nintendo does no wrong and it's always going to be that way.
Au contraire, I'm still hurting at the region-locking, and I consider myself a fanboy of sorts (just not the type to go jihad on somebody. although I could. I could Aladeen people just because I think Aladeen people are not very Aladeen). But Nintendo has a way of making it up to people big time.

You'll have to find out for yourself how, though. I can't be bothered to right now, ahaha.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
couldnt find that page

found this one tho

http://www.game.co.u...ctiveSearchView

:D
guess its not bundled then

GAME have put up alot of WII U Games

245675_wii_b.png
245677_wii_b.png
245709_wii_b.png
245641_wii_b.png
Fucking shovelware.

Anyway assuming the direct is 1 hour long, my take for today's direct is:

- Animal Crossing footage + dialog (just like the MK7 one) ~20 min
- New games
- intros like SMT IV, Paper Mario, Luigi Mansion, Professor Layton etc.
- New firmware update for 3DS
- eShop content (new downloadable stuff, new DLC, new 3DS retail games/demos)
- Monster Hunter 4 stuff

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New game > MM remake
No Nintendo, no. Stop milking money off of games you made over a decade ago. They were good and will be always be, but in their current state they are still playable by most graphics whores.
Give them another 5 years or so and then you have an excuse to remake. Jesus.

Reactions: 3 people

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
New game > MM remake
No Nintendo, no. Stop milking money off of games you made over a decade ago. They were good and will be always be, but in their current state they are still playable by most graphics whores.
Give them another 5 years or so and then you have an excuse to remake. Jesus.
I don't mind them porting N64 games to a portable platform. OOT3D was nice, especially since before I'd never got past the water temple (not because it was too difficult, but rather because every time I got there my save corrupted). If they do it with GC games, too, I'll be happy as well.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I do wish that they'll release MM3DS, I loved that game, and would be nice playing it again in a little more up to date version :)

And Guild, I find that a remake of a 12 year old console game for a handheld device with clearly updated graphics (and framerate) being much more positive than a remake (taking away the dual screen mechanics, which I didn't like though) of a 4 year old handheld game for a mobile phone. Especially, since the whole hype-page-countdown thing and tweets saying "wait there's more than just an IOS remake!" when... it wasn't. People then expected a sequel.
With Zelda games, we can expect new games, and remakes and ports.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

So GBAtemp complains about a $20 TWEWY port/remake but creams itself over a possible $40 Majora's Mask remake-port?

God I hate this site.

Anyway ignore this comment, don't let me derail you.
A remake of an old game that hasn't aged well visually and has a horrid framerate versus a downgraded port.

Am I the only one who sees the difference here?

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn